NameSilo

Check your GoDaddy auto-renew settings, recent GD errors!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For some years I have carefully monitored which domains I would drop and which renew. I make sure to enable GoDaddy's auto-renew on the keepers, and ensure I have a current valid credit card on file. It's worked fine, up till recently.

On July 27th, I had a GD email saying renewal had failed due to "no valid payment method being on file". This is absolute rubbish, as the card on file is up-to-date and I had to manually renew (without a problem) using the exact same card on file.

Yesterday I logged in to GD and noted one domain had expired, and this time I hadn't even received an email about it. The domain was fully enabled for auto-renew and the same (correct) card was on file. Once again I manually renewed the domain.

I count on auto-renew to look after renewals if I'm away, as I'm not always logging in and checking. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. Has anyone else had similar issues?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back