Dynadot

Namebright and Dropcatch.com Same Account Funds?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need to use the API of dropcatch.com to place backorders. To approve access they require adding $100 funds into my namebright account. I don't understand this. First of all I have already spent much more than $100 on dropcatch.com backordering services. And most importantly will I be able to use those $100 to pay for backorders through dropcatch.com or will those be exclusively for namebright domain registrations/renewals etc.. ?

I asked their support two days ago, but still haven't received a reply hence why I'm asking the community here as I need to resolve this matter faster. Would appreciate a quick answer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Namebright's funds for backordering on Dropcatch.com so, yes, they are shared between the two services.

•••
I use Namebright's funds for backordering on Dropcatch.com so, yes, they are shared between the two services.
Thanks for your lightning fast reply mate! Will add funds now. Cheers!

Btw, can you tell me what software do you use to backorder through their API? I mean if it's not a custom one. Thanks!

•••
Hey, no problem.

Unfortunately, I don't use an API for backordering, just the old classic way via the website :)

•••
Thanks for pointing that out @Hypersot ! :)

So in my quest for the holy dropcatch.com API, I've added funds to my account and went to create application API, and got some kind of error mentioning an invalid email or something. I then tried to repeat the procedure, but it said you already have an application API with the same name, even though my API page shows an empty page and no application API has been created. Sent a message in the contact form, so far still no response. I sent an email 3 days ago as well, asking the same question that I've asked here which still hasn't been responded to. I need to setup an API access ASAP and I have no idea how to contact support with namebright / dropcatch.com .. getting desperate.. :xf.frown:

•••
I do feel you. I have had similar experience with their support :/

Since you're desperate, how risky would be to create a new API account within your Namebright account (you said it's empty so a new API can be created, right?)
... and do your work for the time being until they answer (if they even answer).

•••
Hello all. We were experiencing an issue with the creation of new API accounts / applications in the NameBright system, but we have gotten this corrected as of this morning.

And to confirm, yes, the Funded Account from NameBright is shared with DropCatch, if you choose to pay for your backorders that way. However, the checkout process cannot be completed via the DropCatch API at this time, so you will either need to log in and pay for your domains manually, or if you have enough of a balance in your funded account, or a credit card stored in the system, it will be auto-processed nightly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back