Dynadot

DropCatch.com - Is it me or do they now get 95% of the desirable drops?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
DropCatch.com - is it me or do they now get 95% of the desirable drops? Then with their public auction platform - it pretty much screws any smaller guy wanting to play in the domain game. I dont mind bidding against other backorders nearly as much as people who did not have the forsight to backorder it - and wait to see it pop up on a list to bid.

They seem to have managed to capture all that middleman profit for themselves. Irks me a little, and yet I have to have respect for their ingenuity in dominating the expiring market.

I understand they are using a vast network of registrars to do this...

Anyone have any ideas on how to combat DropCatch.com so you do not have to paid over-inflated open to public auction prices?

I understand people have their trade secrets, and the general basics of snatching them self, or using multiple backordering services - but seems DC has figured out how to rig those odds waay in their favor where the success rate isnt worth the effort.

Thoughts?

-Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks. Is there a good coupon code for closeouts? I tried the ones from the discount thread and no dice..

•••
None that work on Godaddy Auction purchases that I know of.

•••
Thanks. Is there a good coupon code for closeouts? I tried the ones from the discount thread and no dice..
I've used some codes (35% off), on closeouts and expiring auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back