IT.COM

Dropcatch.com - How to get access to auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Akhilesh.Kumar

Established Member
Impact
Hi Family,
I did some backorders on DropCatch.com and all went for auctions (I guess that happens always). I am not authorized to participate in auction unless verified. So I provided my ID and photo as they asked for.
And then I received following reply.

Hello Akhilesh,

Unfortunately there isn't enough buying activity from your account so we're not able to approve your account for auctions. Once you have completed payment on a few backorders or can provide proof of funds through a bank statement, we'll be able to approve your account for auctions.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Fred
DropCatch Support

I have even added my credit card as payment method while registration itself. I fail to understand why they asked for bank statement? Moreover if all backorders are being dumped into auctions, how can I complete a few backorders without participating in auction?

Can someone guide me how to get this done and get an access to auction.
Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just received the same reply. I am no longer interested in their service. For now, at least.

•••
I get price inquiry at AN, and then I realize it was dorpcatch'ed recently. Maybe price requests are not done in realtime, or not done by actual endusers: it is always a GD agent, or a domainer, I suspect...So we can never sell a domain just after responding to a price request. Strange things happen and we are not given any hints.

Last edited:
•••
edit: dupe
caused by internet connecting and disconnecting.

Last edited:
•••
I just received the same reply. I am no longer interested in their service. For now, at least.
Thanks buddy.
I am a newbie and want to taste the water. Though my response was the same as yours after their stupid email, still want to check if there us something in it for me..

•••
They want to see that at least one payment method is good. You can backorder at discount domain price or two to meet it before starting. Or a few at regular backorder price. Might be a location or payment specific requirement. I think I was only asked to provide the ID but security measures might be up there now.

Last edited:
•••
  • Maybe just to see which domain name is in high demand

•••
•••
I am in email trail with them. Will update the outcome.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back