IT.COM

Name

NameSilo
Watch
Reviews and information for Name

They have quite good customer support service. However, sometimes it might be difficult to find things on the website. (e.g. log out button, g,funny...). In other words, the interface is not very user friendly but, the service is excellent.

by -Mintchip- (http://domainhelp.blogspot.com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great prices, poor support

Is a logic result, i get great prices but now they dont respond my emails. At the beginning they answer my emails after 24 hours, then after 3 days, now i dont have any answer. I have some domains that I was transferring to Name Com and I need a lot of answers but it seems that I'm alone.

I found that Name Com and Name Net belong to Domainsite.com(SPOT DOMAIN LLC DBA DOMAINSITE.COM), so i'll continue researching over internet about this provider.

So you can save money with them, but at your risk...

•••
Good until now?

To be fair, I have used Name.com to search for available domains. Not until recently I bought domains there and now they´re very cheap, $5.99. But now their server is down and so all domains I have there, and probably many others, are also down.
I think that few accept this. Whatever happened, they will surely lose customers because of this.
Name.com is in some way same as Domainsite, which doesn´t show up either.

A couple of days ago, I sent an email to them asking two simple questions. I got a reply but only with the message that he who replied couldn´t understand my questions! Unbelievable. I had asked how many domains that can be hosted in their webhosting, in one webhosting account. And if so, how many database that are available to have in this web hosting account. How can anyone not understand that..?

I wrote again, even more clear but I think just repeated the question. I haven´t got an answer yet, after ca 3-4 days.

•••
Better than any registrar

for me, it is much better than any registrar. only feature i would like them to add is grouping functionality of domains. it would be great to be able to categorize the registered domains.

•••
They Are not good at all . .. i make a mistake by signing with them and they blocked my account with no reson people stay away from that site it is anther registerfly

•••
Very good registrar for your money.

I use name.com for about a year now.

Pros: all the needed options including editable DNS records (you can put your own TXT/MX/... records), IDN domains support, inexpensive whois privacy, very good price - especially their special price for new registrations now :), nice security options. I only used their customer support once by email - and the response was quick enough and helpful, convenient domain finder on the home page - it's my favorite.

Cons: User interface sometimes doesn't look very clear (that's why I needed to contact their customer support). I had some problems with PayPal payment so I use credit card for all payments there. 2 or 3 times their website was not available (gave some error when I tried to login, or just didn't respond).

In general - compared to, for example, Moniker, it doesn't look very solid, but in fact it gives you more for your money.

•••
Review

I like name.com despite bad support

•••
Best prices around -- decent systems.

Never tried support so unable to rank.

•••
Great price and bulk reg tools

fast domain reg :kickass:

•••
good upto now

i feel good upto now about this registrar,price is also less,whois private is also free.

•••
Review

I started using Name.com recently to take advantage of their incredible $5.99 .com pricing for new registrations. Unlike Moniker, they don't charge a fee for PayPal transactions which is a nice bonus. Unlike with 1and1, who also charge $5.99, there is no fee to push a domain. The website works quickly, which is essential when trying to snag recent drops. Free URL forwarding. Nameserver and URL forwarding updates propagate almost instantly in most cases which is brilliant. Each new registration costs me almost $2 less than at Moniker when using PayPal.

My only gripes are that the control panel is quite clunky. There is no option to bulk edit nameservers and the four defaulted nameservers must be manually deleted for each domain before more can be successfully added. They do not offer a grace deletion period. I thus only use them for domains I know I will keep. Recently registered domains take much longer than normal to verify at Sedo.

I am very impressed with this registrar. They offer great features and a stable platform for an incredible price. A great registrar for quick flips, especially when selling at eBay as it helps to reduce the burden of eBay fees eating into profits.

•••
WORDSWORTH said:
My only gripes are that the control panel is quite clunky. There is no option to bulk edit nameservers and the four defaulted nameservers must be manually deleted for each domain before more can be successfully added.
They offer bulk nameserver editing option. Select the domains for editing and in the right column you will find "Bulk Domain Management". Expand it and you will find "Edit Name Servers". Expand it and input your nameservers into the text fields and click "Change". Thatz it.

•••
Review

I LOVE name.com.. I used to use Godaddy however I just switched to Name..

-Cheap prices
-Easy interface
-VERY QUICK checkout, you dont get asked to buy 100 other things

•••
chenzen said:
They offer bulk nameserver editing option. Select the domains for editing and in the right column you will find "Bulk Domain Management". Expand it and you will find "Edit Name Servers". Expand it and input your nameservers into the text fields and click "Change". Thatz it.
Thanks for this info. Rep added. I mentioned this in the main forum a while back but the respondent didn't think it was possible. I will also inform them that it can be done :)

Matt.

•••
Review

Cheap .org regs, Nice bulk name check, and I find myself using Regzap more and more :)
Never needed support...I had one name they let me reg when it was taken, received instant refund and apology.

•••
So far so good

Just started using them recently. Much better than Godaddy, easy pushes and free privacy.

•••
WGS_Thunder said:
Just started using them recently. Much better than Godaddy, easy pushes and free privacy.
Free privacy is what made be go for Name.com. Not the best web-site but then I don't plan on keep coming back to make changes.

•••
Review

Very cheap domains and quick setup! I love Name.com

•••
Hi guys, I'm newbie. Have any one of you encounter these problems with your name.com domains:
When I park & sell with sedo, i can access my domains pages but sedo still hasn't verified the domains?? Domains i bought with godaddy already are verified quickly.
When i park with namedrive, i can't access the pages. 403 error returns.
Any idea how to fix?

•••
aladinonl said:
Hi guys, I'm newbie. Have any one of you encounter these problems with your name.com domains:
When I park & sell with sedo, i can access my domains pages but sedo still hasn't verified the domains?? Domains i bought with godaddy already are verified quickly.
When i park with namedrive, i can't access the pages. 403 error returns.
Any idea how to fix?
I am aware of the Sedo problem. The best way to overcome it is to set your Nameservers to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM before adding them to your Sedo Account. This makes verification much quicker and smoother in my experience. If this still fails, you can email Sedo with your domains and they should be able to verify them manually and add them to your Account ASAP.

The same might work with NameDrive (use ns1.fastpark.net and ns2.fastpark.net).

Good luck :)

•••
At sedo, most the domains already went thru except one. I'll email sedo for manual check.
I'm frustrated with Namedrive. I'm not sure how u guys at US or Canada experience with Namedrive, but either I'm at Vietnam or Singapore, Namedrive is very slow, drop connection regularly, that's why i think the reason being 403 error, not because name.com
I'm waiting for parked.com to verify me but it takes quite long.
I just email name.com and receive reply almost 1/2hr later so I'm quite like name.com now.

•••
Secure, reliable, and cheap!

I have several domains registered with Name.com, and for the first time started to push some of them to other users. In one instance a domain seemed to have gotten lost after being pushed, so I contacted their customer service. They promptly responded, and in a couple days the domain was received by the new owner. Name.com prices are competitive, and orders are quickly processed. I highly recommend this registrar! :)

•••
Review

Cheap, and good. There interface has some bugs sometimes though. Never needed support so cant comment on that.

•••
Thought they were great. Until...

I started to use Name because of their attractive pricing and also I liked the simple interface, compared to somewhere like Godaddy. I also found the expiring domains plus a few other features useful. Overall I thought they were great!

Then suddenly my account was blocked and all my domains were deleted. I received an email saying that this was because my personal details were 'inconsistent' (inconsistent with what exactly, I'm still at a loss to understand...) Maybe there was a problem but what really riled me was the fact there was no attempt to contact me beforehand to discuss the issue or to try and rectify the situation. No warning. No contact. Nothing. Just zap - all gone! (Maybe they could have simply 'suspended' my account pending resolution?) And now I'm still waiting for a reply to my email regarding some outstanding refunds.

According to their email though, I'm welcome to open a new account. Thanks Name, but no thanks...! :(

Last edited:
•••
that sucks

I'm very sorry to hear this :( Did they refund your :$: ? Let us know if anything changes for the better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back