IT.COM

Name

NameSilo
Watch
Reviews and information for Name

They have quite good customer support service. However, sometimes it might be difficult to find things on the website. (e.g. log out button, g,funny...). In other words, the interface is not very user friendly but, the service is excellent.

by -Mintchip- (http://domainhelp.blogspot.com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow, wtf! This is very serious and if its true I am moving all my domains away from there.

•••
never had a problem with name so far. and their support is amazing. but prague7's statement is scary. I'm changing my email contact right now instead of a free mail service. thrilled!

•••
The best Registrar Ever. Cheap Price and Quality Service.

name.com is one of my favourite registrar. They offer cheap domain registrations. Actually they organise a promo every month giving discounts on registrations. Their customer service is also quick and friendly. RECOMMENDED!

•••
Prague7 / Martin,

I'm very sorry to hear that we failed you in this instance. I've reviewed your account and while I cannot undo what has been done I would like to make it right for you. I would also like to state the full situation for the clarity of those who are asking:

Name.com is very aggressive in fighting fraudulent registrations. One of Martin's transactions tripped one of our fraud flags. While reviewing it we felt it was a match to the profile of a series of other accounts which had been used to perpetrate fraudulent registrations. It appears we were overly aggressive. I believe we made a mistake. For this I apologize wholeheartedly.

If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best,

Kellie

prague7 said:
I started to use Name because of their attractive pricing and also I liked the simple interface, compared to somewhere like Godaddy. I also found the expiring domains plus a few other features useful. Overall I thought they were great!

Then suddenly my account was blocked and all my domains were deleted. I received an email saying that this was because my personal details were 'inconsistent' (inconsistent with what exactly, I'm still at a loss to understand...) Maybe there was a problem but what really riled me was the fact there was no attempt to contact me beforehand to discuss the issue or to try and rectify the situation. No warning. No contact. Nothing. Just zap - all gone! (Maybe they could have simply 'suspended' my account pending resolution?) And now I'm still waiting for a reply to my email regarding some outstanding refunds.

According to their email though, I'm welcome to open a new account. Thanks Name, but no thanks...! :(

•••
Kellie could you provide some more information about how you determine if personal details are correct or not? I would hope its more then just suspecting something and then taking all of someone's domains?

•••
Dean26 said:
Kellie could you provide some more information about how you determine if personal details are correct or not? I would hope its more then just suspecting something and then taking all of someone's domains?

Dean, I hope you can appreciate that I cannot share details publicly about our fraud prevention processes - that would be tantamount to laying out details which would allow fraudsters to improve their processes.

The short answer is that we have a variety of tools that we utilize and a human reviews each order which is suspected of being fraud.

•••
kellie said:
Dean, I hope you can appreciate that I cannot share details publicly about our fraud prevention processes - that would be tantamount to laying out details which would allow fraudsters to improve their processes.

The short answer is that we have a variety of tools that we utilize and a human reviews each order which is suspected of being fraud.
OK, thanks for the information.

•••
kellie said:
Prague7 / Martin,

Name.com is very aggressive in fighting fraudulent registrations. One of Martin's transactions tripped one of our fraud flags.

Kellie,
Can you define the term "Fraudulent Registrations" for the benefit of your customers? Is it the typo/trademark domains that you are referring to?

thanks!

•••
Certainly proTrader.

No, that's not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to domain names registered with stolen credit cards or other fraudulent payment means.

•••
•••
very good 5.99 .us domains right now!

Very good price for .us right now!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back