NameSilo

Network Solutions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of Network Solutions

Yes, they still charge $35 a year for registration. Why? Because they can. However, they have made some noticible progress over the past two years that makes it not so bad to be a Network Solutions customer. Ownership transfers and registrar transfers out used to be a major headache. Now both are reasonably easy to do. Customer service is generally helpful when a problem occurs (just don't ask any "advanced" questions). Interface is quite nice, except making changes to multiple domains at once is a bit of a challenge.

Good overall, but pricing makes is unrealistic to keep anything but a very small portfolio at NetSol.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One reason for the price is the number of toll-free phone numbers they offer.
They have at least 3: one for general support, another for website design,
and a 3rd for their VIP customers.

To be fair, though, they don't have any hidden charges.

Nice threads you created, btw, RJ!

•••
Not a registrar for resellers of domains.

High prices and fewer management features than other registrars. If you have less than 5 domains, no big deal. If you want to resell or have a large portfolio, they should be avoided. Burned a couple times there over the years due to unfriendly policies.

•••
Somewhat opaque policies

Points to consider:
Not good for newbies, as way too many confusing claims when trying to register or change info on any domain name.
Registering any foreign extensions (Similar to other services true), they don't really register it for any term over 1-2 years, but instead register for one year, then continue to register it for any years where you are still using them as the registrar for that site. I was not able to get a refund upon trying to transfer.
Their prices are horrible on all traditional extensions. The one large exception is the .de extension, which they have for as low as $10 a year ($12 for one year), a good deal in comparison to the typical price leaders.
Their CP is somewhat limited in features that are readily available. I've found most everything I wanted in the end, but it's been kind of a game of cat and mouse with NSI for some time.
My .02, stay away unless you want some cheap .de's.
-Allan

•••
NetSol.com

Yeah. I agree. Avoid if at all possible.
I have had several domains with them since 1998.
They have been slow to move with advancements in the industry(easier transfers). Multiple domain management is a joke. Warnings about expiring domains a year ahead of actual expiration..etc.

I never hosted any of the domains with NetSol (or anybody) but for years now a "http://cgi.search123.com" homepage has appeared on all my netsol domains!!
I can't remove them. Several emails to NetSol to remove these fell on deaf ears.

I've wised up,transfered domains and also gone Reseller to manage my multiple domains.

Regards,
Moon.

•••
Going from past experience - big no-no!

Just a major pain in the butt, transferring out (may have improved now but ..) used to be a struggle. Not recommended.

•••
Review

I own 1500+ domains of which around 20%-30% are with Network Solutions. They will work with large domain portfolio clients. They have always been easy to deal with. With as many domains as I own and acquiring several through drop services, I have had to deal with many registrars. I have to say there are only 3 I care to deal with... Dotster, Network Solutions and eNom. If you own more than a couple of hundred names, I suggest you place a call to Dotster and Network Solutions to ask how they can help you out on pricing. I like NameCheap's interface the best. Obviously, if you are dealing with Network Solutions through retail channels, their $35 per year pricing is prohibitive.

•••
You can buy and renew domains there for $8.75 each

I pay $8.75 a year for New and Renewels and it's worth the extra few cents
to be with someone I trust and won't jack up renewel prices right before they're due....
If anyone else wants that price catch me on the board.

•••
Look twice, look again

Do a quick search on how many people are suing Network Solutions at any time throughout its existence. Search many review sites and Network Solutions consistently is a bottom feeder in the likings rates. Network Solutions also is most often included in the bad pages of official government watch dogs. Myself and thousands of others have lost millions because of Network Solutions. They are the scoundrels of the internet and ideally should be closed down by the authorities.

•••
Review

I have known many people who get scammed with Network Solutions. They are way overpriced, their customer service is sub par, and their site building interface has got to be the worst. They just want you to pay them to make your site so they can rip you off more. They also frown on switching nameservers and make it a huge pain to do so.
I would reccomend DomainSite with $6.99/year .coms and great service. . . Just my $.2

•••
Review

They lose names. They acknowledge they lose names. But they refuse to do anything about it. Customer service? Give me a break. These are the most arrogant, dumb-as-rocks people I've ever come across. Avoid them!

•••
Outstanding

Very happy with Network Solutions I have a large amount of domains there
Customer services are fast to respond, no problems at all will move all my domains to my account at NS

Very happy

•••
Not good

Incredibly bad value and customer service. They register domains you search for, and try to sell them back to you.
Also, they fund terrorism! Look:
http://www.we-fund-terrorism.com/

•••
Greedy

Their prices are know to everybody. I'm fed up with their ads. But I must admit that transferring domains from them is so fast!

•••
So bad I created a web site to say how bad it was.

So bad I created a web site to say how bad it was. Unethical business practices, no support, etc. It's been a while since I escaped them though, so you could chance it if you were feeling bored.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back