Dynadot

MyDomain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for MyDomain

My only qualm with MyDomain so far is that they don't offer a 1-800 number or 24/7 customer support. Their prices are awesome, their customer service people are friendly and helpful, and their interface is fast and easy to use. They are currently my favorite registrar.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Highly recomended!

Excellent registrar!
Simply enter the domain you wish to buy, add to your cart and you're done. The domain management tools are superb, you can bulk edit domains DNS, forwarding and email settings all at the same time! Prices are great to, especially with the abundance of coupons they offer.

I have left customer service "Unrated" because I've never had to deal with it!

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
•••
Excellent

Very inexpensive but still maintain customer service to a high level.
I did have what I thought would be a MAJOR problem with them - but they sorted it straight away and refunded my money when I was overcharged after using a promotional code.
Good company - good service. Recommended

•••
Review

Really easy to use registrar. Customer service is usually fast. I was unhappy with them one time as I was having trouble setting up my domain on my host because the name servers wouldn't work. But, since I am not using their hosting, they didn't really give me any good advice. Was mad about that.

But other than that, they are EXCELLENT!

•••
Avoid - complete amateurs who don't know anything beyond basics

I have never suffered worse support from any company in my entire life than mydomain.com / namesdirect.

When you phone them for assistance they keep you hanging on the phone for ages and force you to listen to their tacky adverts and, as for email support ticket responses, forget it. You are lucky to get a one sentence response - in most cases all they say is everything is fine.

To give you just one example of what mydomain.com have put me through, I had to renew some very valuable two character .eu domain names that were expiring. They had one set of pricing on their site for renewals and another in the shopping cart when you tried to do it. Then, when I'd go through the entire process to renew the domains, there would also be a message saying the renewal didn't work. I tried several times using different browsers, credit cards etc.

Sent about 5 support queries back and forth. They tried to do it over the phone several times; wouldn't work. There were problems with their systems; a very frequent occurence with mydomain.com (whenever you try to login it says system error today too, which mydomain.com have just admitted to me on the phone).

To cut a long story short, they tried telling me that the problem was on Nominet's end. For anybody who knows domain names, Nominet is responsible for the .uk TLD and has nothing to do with .eu.

I emailed and phoned them several times back and forth explaining that Nominet had nothing to do with the .eu TLD which EURid was responsible for. They insisted the problem was with Nominet and that Nominet was not co-operating with them. Four or five different people at mydomain.com told me this.

It was like I had a problem with Coca-Cola and I was being told to contact Pepsi.

By now I was in danger of losing these valuable domains, so in total despair I contacted both EURid and Nominet. Both bodies emailed me back saying EURid was responsible for .eu domain names.

I sent those emails to mydomain.com. I thought matter resolved, the organisations themselves say EURid is responsible for .eu domain names, not Nominet, and I have it in writing.

And guess what? Mydomain.com continued to insist that Nominet were acting as an obstacle to the renewal of the domain name!

I showed mydomain.com the Nominet side, the EURId site, but they still insisted Nominet were responsible for .eu domain names.

There was another 10 odd times when I tried to email and phone them but no joy with getting see who was responsible for which TLD.

I have never been in more despair with a company in my life. Eventually I transferred the domain names to another registrar and the new registrar managed to renew them within a day with no problem.

Even though it was the most frustrating customer service experience of my life, I wasn't going to write about it, but six months later mydomain.com are continuing to provide the most abysmal customer service you will ever imagine. I don't have the time to explain all the many problems they have caused us for years and are still causing us with the handful of domains we haven't got around to transferring to other registrars - anything that takes 1 minute to achieve with another registrar often takes several days of sending them support emails; I would just urge people to avoid themselves having to bang their heads against the wall by staying clear of these jokers.

•••
MyDomain.com is the worst registrar I have ever used period.

I am having MAJOR issues with Dotster’s MyDomain.com unit. I have sent in multiple support emails this week (with no response) and have called 5-6 times through every channel (sales, tech support, hosting, domains, etc) and keep hearing that all reps are busy. No one picks up after 30 minutes, when I lose patience and hang up. I feel hijacked and am wondering if they are fradulent or bankrupt. What kind of registrar ignores its customers???? Anyone else have any experience with them? I am going to file a formal complaint with ICANN soon if this continues. Registrars like this should be SHUT DOWN!

•••
As other people are also saying, mydomain.com has a track record of regularly messing about their customers and not offering decent customer support.

Our domain and sub-domain forwarding with this company has suddenly stopped working for nearly a week now! This has caused us enormous issues and mydomain.com have well and truly done everything they can to try to damage our business by not responding to a single query.

I know a lot of other customers are affected too - one guy has 263 domain names which are not working thanks to mydomain.com screwing up again, as they have done many times of the years!

To add insult to injury, they are redirecting all our valuable traffic to their pages with PPC ads from which they are making money!

I am disgusted and appalled that mydomain.com have not even responded to a single support ticket or email sent to them in the last week. They don't pick up the phone either - kept on call holding for over half an hour and still nobody picking it up.

•••
Has everyone jumped ship from MyDomains? I actually considered transferring in a .me there today, as their splashy .me logo on the main page advertised $9.95 new .me & transfers. Lo and behold, when I went to check out using their clunky checkout interface, the price jumped up to $14.95. Hasta la vista, baby!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back