IT.COM

My stats since I started

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello NP Members,

since 2012, when I started domaining, I was keeping track of "all" purchases, renewals, sales and all expenses related to domaining, but never really put the numbers together, maybe because I was scared of the final result. Now in the beginning of 2017, I finally made the results, as 2016 was really good year for me. I consider myself as "inactive" domainer. I do not send email out to potential end users, just basically parking domains, list @ marketplaces, time by time when my primary business is slow, I am sending domains into auctions or list here @ NP. I always had around 200 domains portfolio. I made so many mistakes, registered and held some worthless subdomains, exotic ccTLDs, non sense domain or even TM domain when I started.

Here is the result:

Lost / dropped domains: $12,383
Live inventory: $35,761
Expenses of sold domains: $9,842
Total expenses: $57,986

Domain sales + parking revenuer (after expenses & commissions): $85,761
Profit: $27,775
But if I wouldn't have the single domain sale last year, I would be still in the hole for $24,725

I hope this will help the Rockies to think twice before hand registering worthless crap as i did.
Last year I was saved by the bell. Anyone else want to share?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello NP Members,

since 2012, when I started domaining, I was keeping track of "all" purchases, renewals, sales and all expenses related to domaining, but never really put the numbers together, maybe because I was scared of the final result. Now in the beginning of 2017, I finally made the results, as 2016 was really good year for me. I consider myself as "inactive" domainer. I do not send email out to potential end users, just basically parking domains, list @ marketplaces, time by time when my primary business is slow, I am sending domains into auctions or list here @ NP. I always had around 200 domains portfolio. I made so many mistakes, registered and held some worthless subdomains, exotic ccTLDs, non sense domain or even TM domain when I started.

Here is the result:

But if I wouldn't have the single domain sale last year, I would be still in the hole for $24,725

I hope this will help the Rockies to think twice before hand registering worthless crap as i did.

I am "liking" this post not to LIKE your situation to be able to look at this post as a "reality check" and learn from it. thank you for sharing.

•••
Great post.

This is what we like to call "reality".

Something alot of people fail to see in this industry.

Keep up the good work, and you will be rewarded.

It takes a long time to see the light at the end of this industry tunnel.

But when you do....It's a very bright light.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

•••
Everything takes time .. to produce results . Even a seed takes millions of years to become a tree .

•••
Tell us about the sale that 'saved' you and brought you into the profit zone :)

•••
Everything takes time .. to produce results . Even a seed takes millions of years to become a tree .

I would like to see this tree. LOL :ROFL: MILLION Years to stay in this world.:xf.smile::xf.wink:

•••
•••
How did you sell this LLL? Was it a direct sale, buyer initiated or through auction?

•••
•••
How did you sell this LLL? Was it a direct sale, buyer initiated or through auction?
I have been contacted on my email by GD Associate from China, helping the buyer with the sale.

•••
Hello NP Members,

Here is the result:

patience is the key;)

congrats to your success

•••
I have been contacted on my email by GD Associate from China, helping the buyer with the sale.

china loves 3l.com

how long did you say you held to it and what u paid it if u can say?

•••
china loves 3l.com

how long did you say you held to it and what u paid it if u can say?

I held the domain 3 years and paid $2,080 for it @ Cax.com.

•••
Thank you for sharing.

I started domaining recently and have been spending abit much of late, addicted to finding the gem.

Its always beneficial for me, hopefully for others as well, to see such threads, they encourage me to keep pushing.

Congrats on your LLL deal, well done, good luck!!

•••
•••
•••
•••
congrats on the sale but wow why at some point dont you stop regging when youre down so much

•••
•••
great price for the right owner, I would be no where near that price. lol.

Wonder if they keep it the same kind of site, the catchy name domains? I liked okko.com hmmm

•••
Back