IT.COM

advice My Fresh New Web Site Was Flagged !!! What Could Be The Cause Of It ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
I just launched a new web site xxxxx.biz ( .BIZ TLD ) two days ago intended to list my domain names for sale. In the first day, it was working fine but the next day when I tried to access it I got this message:

“Deceptive site ahead
Firefox blocked this page because it may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing personal information like passwords or credit cards.
Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing.
xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site. You can report a detection problem or ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.
Learn more about deceptive sites and phishing at www.antiphishing.org. Learn more about Firefox’s Phishing and Malware Protection at support.mozilla.org.”
!!!

1) Later on, I found out that there is already a web site called xxxxx but with a .COM TLD instead. But when accessing this web site, it does not show the same warning. Obs: “xxxxx” name here is just a fictitious name in order to protect the real name.

2) My intention was to use this new web site to TEST what, between two different domain names and different logos but with EXACTLY THE SAME CONTENT would attract more traffic. So, it is strange that my other website yyyyy.com has exactly the same content and yet is not flagged with this nasty warning.

What could it possibly be ?
How to fix it ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is basically impossible to answer with the information you have provided.

Brad

•••
•••
You duplicated the content and it wasn’t your content to use if you took one cent you actually might see yourself as guilty. But to call it an experiment doesn’t make it okay.

•••
So you copied site xxxxx.com and launched xxxxx.biz and you were flagged for fishing? Am I reading that right?

•••
You duplicated the content and it wasn’t your content to use if you took one cent you actually might see yourself as guilty. But to call it an experiment doesn’t make it okay.

No ! The CONTENT and the two sites are MINE.

Last edited:
•••
So you copied site xxxxx.com and launched xxxxx.biz and you were flagged for fishing? Am I reading that right?

The content is MINE. I just repeated the same content in my two web sites.

•••
The content is MINE. I just repeated the same content in my two web sites.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. If your yyyyy.com website got some decent traffic I can see they'd flag xxxxx.biz for using the exact same content all the same. Seems a bit extreme though for just duplicate content.

Might want to take a closer look at your source code as there could be issues there. Your hosting environment could also be compromised.

Anyway, I'm sure you can find info on getting whitelisted by doing some research on Google. Hope you haven't tarnished you domain reputation too badly.

•••
Ok. Thanks for clarifying. If your yyyyy.com website got some decent traffic I can see they'd flag xxxxx.biz for using the exact same content all the same. Seems a bit extreme though for just duplicate content.

It probably does not get good traffic yet. I launched the first web site just one week ago and the second one just two days ago.

Might want to take a closer look at your source code as there could be issues there. Your hosting environment could also be compromised.

NameDeck, it cannot be a code problem. Otherwise, the first web site would also get flagged because it has exactly the same content.
Besides, it is a very simple HTML, CSS responsive code with just two lines of Javascript code to update the copyright year automatically. It basically consists of listing all my domain names with links pointing to their specific registrar marketplaces.
Furthermore, both web sites are hosted on the same hosting site ( Hostinger ) and in the same account.

Anyway, I'm sure you can find info on getting whitelisted by doing some research on Google. Hope you haven't tarnished you domain reputation too badly.

I tried some measures suggested by the Hostinger technical support but the nasty warning is still there.
If someone tarnished my domain reputation it is not me. It is all legal.

Last edited:
•••
Can you reveal the name with the warning and then we can have a look? I'm a web developer and others are probably experienced in this area, it might be obvious... Then again it might not.

Good luck getting it sorted.

•••
The warning says: "Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing. xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site."
This got me thinking. The ".com" version of this domain name belongs to another person ( mine is ".biz"). Could it be that he made this malicious false report about my web site to eliminate competition through difamation ?

•••
The warning says: "Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing. xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site."
This got me thinking. The ".com" version of this domain name belongs to another person ( mine is ".biz"). Could it be that he made this malicious false report about my web site to eliminate competition through difamation ?
Unlikely.

•••
It might be a previous registration that was hosting some bad stuff on it that is still flagged in some system.

Without the actual domain there is no way to do any research.

Brad

•••
Without the actual domain there is no way to do any research.

Ok, Brad, I will risk giving the domain name:
greatdomainnames(.)biz.

•••
I will take a look at it. I do get the same warning though when I try to go to the site.

Brad

•••
Works without issues using chrome on mobile.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It is all clean except for "Google Safe Browsing":
No malware detected by scan (Low Risk)
No injected spam detected (Low Risk)
No defacements detected (Low Risk)
No internal server errors detected (Low Risk)
Domain clean by Norton Safe Web
Domain clean by McAfee
Domain clean by Sucuri Labs
Domain clean by ESET
Domain clean by PhishTank
Domain clean by Yandex
Domain clean by Opera
Domain clean by Spamhaus

Domain blacklisted by Google Safe Browsing: greatdomainnames(.)biz

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Is there a way to complain in Google ?

Google is a massive company.
It is not like you can just pick up the phone and call Larry Page or Sergey Brin.

Google blacklists thousands of domains a day.
I am sure there are some that happen in error.

There is a process, as was detailed in the link above.

Brad

•••
Back