IT.COM

advice My Fresh New Web Site Was Flagged !!! What Could Be The Cause Of It ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
I just launched a new web site xxxxx.biz ( .BIZ TLD ) two days ago intended to list my domain names for sale. In the first day, it was working fine but the next day when I tried to access it I got this message:

“Deceptive site ahead
Firefox blocked this page because it may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing personal information like passwords or credit cards.
Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing.
xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site. You can report a detection problem or ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.
Learn more about deceptive sites and phishing at www.antiphishing.org. Learn more about Firefox’s Phishing and Malware Protection at support.mozilla.org.”
!!!

1) Later on, I found out that there is already a web site called xxxxx but with a .COM TLD instead. But when accessing this web site, it does not show the same warning. Obs: “xxxxx” name here is just a fictitious name in order to protect the real name.

2) My intention was to use this new web site to TEST what, between two different domain names and different logos but with EXACTLY THE SAME CONTENT would attract more traffic. So, it is strange that my other website yyyyy.com has exactly the same content and yet is not flagged with this nasty warning.

What could it possibly be ?
How to fix it ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have jot forms that accept sensitive data?

If your site isn't SSL enabled, and you receive sensitive data, it can be an issue. In aus it's illegal not to have the SSL certificate in this instance.

Also, does your site offer the same service as the .com with the same name?

If so, this could have triggered the issue?

•••
the content of your website or someone in your Shared Server that your site is hosted on is flagged by alot people , that why u get that warning message.
Just delete the content and replace it with a new content and wait 2-4 days and u will be fine.

Last edited:
•••
To remove the blacklist warning you need to verify ownership of your website in Google Search Console, Then u will be able to review any warnings and how get rid of them.

•••
This is precisely what I was thinking to do.

I would recommend you do that, and report back here, with their response. I would steer well clear of mentioning to them that you are considering suing them though. Keep your comments neutral.

•••
  • Deceptive site ahead: The site you try to visit might be a phishing site.

Of course its decpetive , 2 sites with exactly same content (right?)

G says might be a phishing sites

::Why would u duplicate your site?

•••
It looks like the warning was removed -or- when I decided to visit the site choosing the option "accept the risk", google stored this setting and now it does not show the warning to me anymore. However, the Opera browser is not showing it as well. ( Ops, I found out later, that it still appear on my mobile phone ).
Could you, my friends, confirm it ?

Last edited:
•••
Why would u duplicate your site?

I wanted to test which one of two different domain names and logos attract more traffic.

•••
It looks like the warning was removed -or- when I decided to visit the site choosing the option "accept the risk", google stored this setting and now it does not show the warning to me anymore. However, the Opera browser is not showing it as well.
Could you, my friends, confirm it ?

It is still blocked on my end. I assume it saved your setting.

Brad

•••
It is still marked as dangerous for me.

•••
•••
the content of your website or someone in your Shared Server that your site is hosted on is flagged by alot people , that why u get that warning message.

I find improbable that my site would be flagged just two days after being launched since it was not even known.
Hu..mm. One day before my web site was flagged, I created a poll on facebook asking people to compare the two web sites and tell me which one is better. Since I, sometimes, publish politic matters, I probably have some haters who then took the opportunity to flag my site.

By the way, how do you know that it was flagged by "a lot of people" ?
Are you assuming it or you got this information from somewhere ?

Last edited:
•••
Is the .com and .biz on two different servers/IPs?

•••
•••
Not sure if it is going to help you, but almost all major browsers have made it compulsory to add an SSL certificate for almost all websites (especially the ones that are e-commerce based, i.e, buying or selling stuff).

In fact, Google soon isn't going to index or crawl any website that doesn't include an "https" certificate.

Secondly, if your DNS servers haven't propagated properly, they trigger warnings like these. For example, redirecting too many times. Sometimes it takes 4-6 days for DNS services to properly function.

Try deleting and readding nameservers all over again.

Secondly, if you are using WordPress, please check your .htaccess file. It may contain too many redirects or conflicting rules. Try deleting and readding fresh . htaccess file.

Get a free SSL (https) certificate from Cloudflare, it's easy for newbies and one-time setup only. People don't prefer to buy anything from a NON-SSL site, you will be needing it anyhow.

•••
In the same server and same account.

It might have something to do with your domain names and not the content.

Check the .biz domain "DNS SEC" to see if under the "Delegation Signed" says "Unsigned" at your registrar.

Also there might not be a certificate for the .biz domain, but your .com might have one and be okay and that's why it passes the security watch. ( just guessing :) )

Last edited:
•••
What's the certificate say.

I just forwarded all my friends and my domains to a single site.

For some reason, I now have a security issue too. But I've found that the issue lay with the SSL

This is what I found on the sites certificate: shortener.secureserver.net

Basically, the site cannot prove it is brandbookie.com, so I have to contact my SSL provider.

I imagine some of the sites I own have rubbish history, so I'm not going to try and reverse this, and if that doesn't work, I'll contact my service provider.

*FYI I'm using an apple, so Safari browser.

•••
DNSSEC isn't mandatory and there are reasons not to use it. Google won't flag you for this.

Using Ssl is always a good thing but that should not cause this specific error. While we're at it, a cloudflare ssl does NOT fully encrypt your data so you should not rely on it if you're running a business!

•••
Using Ssl is always a good thing but that should not cause this specific error.

I have SSL on both domain names. Both start with "https".

•••
Maybe I have misunderstood this, but I also don't think it's good domaining ethics to use a name in .biz that is exactly the same as another domainer's .com domain name. IMO

PS:The certificate for .biz domain might be out of date or not recognizable.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe I have misunderstood this, but I also don't think it's good domaining ethics to use a name in .biz that is exactly the same as another domainer's .com domain name. IMO

I am not sure if I understood you. The domains are not only different in extensions ( .com and .biz ) but also different in their names ( like for instance, lmn.com and abc.biz ).
And why is unethical to use the same content if both sites are mine ? I am not copying someone else content. I am repeating my OWN content.

•••
I am not sure if I understood you. The domains are not only different in extensions ( .com and .biz ) but also different in their names ( like for instance, lmn.com and abc.biz ).
And why is unethical to use the same content if both sites are mine ? I am not copying someone else content. I am repeating my OWN content.

"I just launched a new web site xxxxx.biz ( .BIZ TLD ) two days ago intended to list my domain names for sale."

"Later on, I found out that there is already a web site called xxxxx but with a .COM TLD instead."

"So it is strange that my other website yyyyy.com has exactly the same content"

So xxxxx .biz and yyyyy .com are yours, but xxxxx .com is someone else's and your keyword xxxxx in .biz is exactly the same as the one in someone elses xxxxx .com , am I not understanding this right. I am not talking about the content, I am wondering why you are using the same keywords in your .biz domain as someone else's .com domain name if they are both related to domaining.

PS: I am not saying that you don't have the right to do this, but the xxxxx .com owner might not be very happy about this because your name is exactly similar to his and so he might have grounds to complain if he already has a website. Considering these circumstances before you spend too much time and money on developing your website on xxxxx .biz you might want to consult with a domain attorney. IMO

Last edited:
•••
I am not talking about the content, I am wondering why you are using the same keywords in your .biz domain as someone else's .com domain name if they are both related to domaining.
Oh, now I understood your point.
The thing is I thought this name "xxxxx.biz" without knowing that someone else already owns the same name but with the .com extension and since it is not illegal having a domain name that someone already has with another extension I did not even worried about it. After all, currently there are hundreds of different domain extensions. Why should I bother to verify every extension, one by one, if it has my domain name ? I only worried if such name was trademarked or not. For instance, if someone wants to register one of my domain names with a different extension. I may not like it but I would not be able to do anything about this unless I had trademarked it.

Last edited:
•••
If it was a keyword that was being used in different forms by many different people then that would be a different situation, but if you are using the same exact keyword for your .biz domain as someone else's .com website name, then that might not be such a good idea especially if you are the only other person that is using the same keyword as the .com website name. Perhaps others here can give you some advice. Also even if it was legal for you to do this, but domainers here usually don't copy each other's website name. IMO

Last edited:
•••
If it was a keyword that was being used in different forms by many different people then that would be a different situation, but if you are using the same exact keyword for your .biz domain as someone else's .com website name, then that might not be such a good idea especially if you are the only other person that is using the same keyword as the .com website. Perhaps others here can give you some advice. IMO

Well, actually, I found out that someone also has the ".net" version of it and yes, the owners of these websites/domains will be in direct competition with me and this is not good but this does not mean that it is unethical. But these my domain landing web sites were not intended to be my main business. They only would provide an auxiliary income. My main business ( for a while because I intend to be a writer ) is about making android apps.

Last edited:
•••
Well, actually, I found out that someone also has the ".net" version of it and yes, the owners of these websites/domains will be in direct competition with me and this is not good but this does not mean that it is unethical. But these my domain landing web sites were not intended to be my main business. They only would provide an auxiliary income. My main business ( for a while because I intend to be a writer ) is about making android apps.

Well good luck to you, but you might want to wait and see what others here have to say about this, I am not saying that it's unethical, I am just saying that it's against what most domainers here consider to be good domaining practices. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back