IT.COM

advice My Fresh New Web Site Was Flagged !!! What Could Be The Cause Of It ?

NameSilo
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
I just launched a new web site xxxxx.biz ( .BIZ TLD ) two days ago intended to list my domain names for sale. In the first day, it was working fine but the next day when I tried to access it I got this message:

“Deceptive site ahead
Firefox blocked this page because it may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing personal information like passwords or credit cards.
Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing.
xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site. You can report a detection problem or ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.
Learn more about deceptive sites and phishing at www.antiphishing.org. Learn more about Firefox’s Phishing and Malware Protection at support.mozilla.org.”
!!!

1) Later on, I found out that there is already a web site called xxxxx but with a .COM TLD instead. But when accessing this web site, it does not show the same warning. Obs: “xxxxx” name here is just a fictitious name in order to protect the real name.

2) My intention was to use this new web site to TEST what, between two different domain names and different logos but with EXACTLY THE SAME CONTENT would attract more traffic. So, it is strange that my other website yyyyy.com has exactly the same content and yet is not flagged with this nasty warning.

What could it possibly be ?
How to fix it ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of the measures you see domainers apply to a domain is to see how many extensions it is registered in and how many of those are actually in use for live sites.

So if some owns car.com you can expect car.co.uk and car.de and car.ca and so on to be in use, nothing wrong with that.

•••
One of the measures you see domainers apply to a domain is to see how many extensions it is registered in and how many of those are actually in use for live sites.

So if some owns car.com you can expect car.co.uk and car.de and car.ca and so on to be in use, nothing wrong with that.

Generally speaking you might be right, but I thought there was an unspoken agreement among domainers not to copy each other's website name. I don't know of any other domainers that are using the same exact name for their website. If it was a little different variation like "Greatest" instead of "Great" then that might be okay. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Add SSL and see what happens. It's free anyway and takes 20 seconds in your c panel

•••
Its SSL issue. Fix it and your site will be fine

•••
This is a Google problem, you have to report it to Google by adding your url so they can check it, I can't post links here so just copy what I said below in Google search and the first link is going to be what you are searching for (safebrowsing.google.com)

Copy this and put it in search:

"If you received a phishing warning but believe that this is actually a legitimate page, please complete the form below to report the error to Google. Information about your report will be maintained in accordance with Google's privacy policy."

•••
I think that this time they unflagged my web site !

The problem is that I am not sure if they did so because:
a) the content is no longer a repetition of my other web site;
b) is just text ( a small article ) with no external links.

•••
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP !!!

•••
I haven't visited your 2 sites but I bet you have copied all site files of "domain A" to "domain B" without a careful edit.

Open all hosting files of "domain B" (as you say it's a static html site, not a CMS) in a text editor, find "domain A" and replace those as "domain B", and then save.

•••
The warning says: "Advisory provided by Google Safe Browsing. xxxxx.biz has been reported as a deceptive site."
This got me thinking. The ".com" version of this domain name belongs to another person ( mine is ".biz"). Could it be that he made this malicious false report about my web site to eliminate competition through difamation ?
Glad it worked out for you.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back