Dynadot

gTLD My first sale @ Uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Here is the weird story about Wasserstoff.Energy

i registered the domains Wasserstoff.Energy & ( Wasserstoff.Global ) 2 years ago
than I missed it to renew them both

they were listed @ Uni and I got 2 offers of 500.-$ each
next day Wasserstoff.Energy was sold for 2.789.- and the funds secured

I checked the domain and it was listed @ Sedo for 3.400.-
so I made an offer of 149.- ( 340.- ) and so on

back and forth I got the domain back for 600.-€ and provided the auth code directly to Uni

profit : 1.200.-€

Wasserstoff means hydrogen

still not a big deal but a little cash for holiday 😉

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice to see Uni not totally ignored by Godaddy

•••
So you sold the domain on Uniregistry before you bought it back on Sedo?

•••
•••
Congratulations on nice sale, @Michael Ehrhardt ! (and along with an interesting story with a good ending)

I think hydrogen economy will continue to grow, and did not realize why the domain name was so great until you mentioned...
Wasserstoff means hydrogen

Happy for your success. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats on the sale. Nice story too

•••
•••
Wassersoff.Global 🌎 also got an offer

I contacted the buyer of Wasserstoff.Energy and he is interesting in the second domain

I keep you all posted

•••
You sold a domain you did not own? Not cool if you ask me......

Edit

You agreed to sell a domain you did not own - still not cool

Last edited:
•••
You sold a domain you did not own? Not cool if you ask me......

Edit

You agreed to sell a domain you did not own - still not cool

You don’t understand!

‘I missed to renew it
It was still listed for sale

still there is a Happy End on my side

•••
You don’t understand!

‘I missed to renew it
It was still listed for sale

still there is a Happy End on my side
Ah OK - so they where in the expiration stage?

It reads to me someone else owned the domain and you bought it for a cheaper price to sell to someone else even though you did not own it......

Last edited:
•••
•••
It was already with another owner 😄
So I just bought it back
So you agreed to sell a domain to someone even though you did not own it?

I was right in my first post, there was no misunderstanding - what you have done is wrong and your bragging about it......you clearly don't get this so I'm out of this thread

•••
Ah OK - so they where in the expiration stage?

It reads to me someone else owned the domain and you bought it for a cheaper price to sell to someone else even though you did not own it......
More like he forgot to delist the name from Uni after the name expired. Name got sold regardless at Uni.

What I see wrong here is the failure to delist. What if the new owner wasn't a domainer or the name was already developed or was registered but not resolving? Then, it was likely he would have jeopardised his account with Uni since it would have been seen as a false listing.

Most marketplaces have this issue. I know how time consuming it can be to delist old listings on Afternic before being able to list under your own account. I know Sedo tries to clean up the inventory on their website once in a while. But, I wish more was done about it.

Last edited:
•••
@Michael Ehrhardt ,
Do you think it is ethical to negotiate the sale of domain you no longer possess?
Do you think it is worth writing a post explaining your speculation?

•••
So you agreed to sell a domain to someone even though you did not own it?

I was right in my first post, there was no misunderstanding - what you have done is wrong and your bragging about it......you clearly don't get this so I'm out of this thread
Read my post

i registered the domains 2 years ago
I missed to renew them
So they expired
They were my domains in the first place

•••
•••
More like he forgot to delist the name from Uni after the name expired. Name got sold regardless at Uni.

What I see wrong here is the failure to delist. What if the new owner wasn't a domainer or the name was already developed or was registered but not resolving? Then, it was likely he would have jeopardised his account with Uni since it would have been seen as a false listing.

Most marketplaces have this issue. I know how time consuming it can be to delist old listings on Afternic before being able to list under your own account. I know Sedo tries to clean up the inventory on their website once in a while. But, I wish more was done about it.

absolutely

•••
Read my post

i registered the domains 2 years ago
I missed to renew them
So they expired
They were my domains in the first place

I'm going to put this is plain English and move on.....

They expired and someone else owned them.......

"I checked the domain and it was listed @ Sedo for 3.400.-
so I made an offer of 149.- ( 340.- ) and so on"

Before or while doing the above you accepted an offer on the domain via Uniregistry..... even though someone else owned it.....

It does not matter if you previously owned them, you where not the current owner....

Try and justify it all you want, you agreed to sell a domain that you did not currently own......that is what happened.....

•••
...always interesting to observe how the morality is doing these days

yes, should of shorted it
well, it's never late to, it seems..

•••

Before or while doing the above you accepted an offer on the domain via Uniregistry..... even though someone else owned it.....

It does not matter if you previously owned them, you where not the current owner....

Try and justify it all you want, you agreed to sell a domain that you did not currently own......that is what happened.....

you still don’t understand

it was a buy it now !

I didn’t negotiate

the 500.-$ offer wasn’t the buyer

btw : English is a west Germanic language

•••
So … who is Chan Mingyu ? 😅

•••

Before or while doing the above you accepted an offer on the domain via Uniregistry..... even though someone else owned it..... 😱 - you still don't get it

nope

i didnt accept an offer
I didnt respond to that offer

mit was still listed - for buy it now

•••

A form of front running I guess.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back