IT.COM

Uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been with 101domain for a long time but have recently ''discovered'' uniregistry ,
I was impressed with the ease and speed of registering a domain and started moving my domains from 101 to uni.
Now I made an inqueiry about a domain I want to register but uni does not handle that extension .
They replied
To purchase this domain/website name please call me between 7AM-7PM Central Standard Time at 1-949-416-2555. Press extension 8 for faster service.

I replied ,telling them that i live in indonesia,bali and it would be too difficult to call them from my mobile ..
Also asked them why I should ring them just to register a domain??

Second email

Please call me in regards to xxxxxx. We would like to speak to introduce ourselves, talk about the value of this domain, and the payment process.
Our phone number is 1-949-416-2555 x 8
We are open from 7AM-7PM Central Standard Time.

Our Domain Brokerage looks forward to your call.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This sounds like it's a registered domain they are trying to sell you. You should check at another registry which are selling that TLD (try NameSilo.com). If it's unregistered at another registrar, then register it there. If it's unavailable. Then that's just tough luck.

•••
This sounds like it's a registered domain they are trying to sell you. You should check at another registry which are selling that TLD (try NameSilo.com). If it's unregistered at another registrar, then register it there. If it's unavailable. Then that's just tough luck.

its unregisterd and available at 101domain

•••
What is the TLD? If you just need another registrar you can use tld list to see best prices
https://tld-list.com/

Is it a ccTLD? My thinking is Uni offers a bunch if not all ngTLDs so it would make more sense they didn't have it if it's a ccTLD

•••
its unregisterd and available at 101domain

Nothing you can do if Uniregistry won't let you register it. Have you tried another Registrar, to see if it is really available?

•••
TLD? Sounds like a sales call like @stub mentioned. They can be relentless...trust me.

•••
What is the TLD? If you just need another registrar you can use tld list to see best prices
https://tld-list.com/

Is it a ccTLD? My thinking is Uni offers a bunch if not all ngTLDs so it would make more sense they didn't have it if it's a ccTLD

.MP

Its available at 101domain.com but as i staded before,i am moving my domains from 101 to registry ..its not an urgent domain ,

•••
@franka46 - you really should look for this at another registrar, because you have conflicting information whether it is available or not. What happens if you type the domain in the address bar? What happens if you search for this at the .MP Registry?

•••
Look for another registrar period. Uniregistry is so unappealing to me, brokers are robots.
I am continually asked for prices when it says offers, admin email in control panel is so incorrect. Its nice to know emails of previous owners though.. most are blank
I had a price inquiry, quoted $1200 I looked broker quoted $3300
When I asked why, he said cannabis is quote below
Darryl Lopes to You
Marijuana and pot in Canada are becoming legal and you under valued the name. I sold weedtv.com for 25,000 USD. You can quote higher and always come down, HOWEVER you cannot quote lower and go higher. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=marijuana+canada&tbm=nws

Thanks for the link to google Daryl, however I live in BC bud

I emailed the inquiry email addresse, and quoted the guy $420 with no response. I asked broker about this his reply
Darryl Lopes to You
I am trying to make us both the most amount of money.

I undervalued my name? Guy sounds like a domainer not a broker.
Wait Frank is a domainer.. Still no money :(

I have all my names set at offers, yet get messages from uni asking for a price?
Then whatever price i give them they jack it $200 or $2100

Did receive $1,000,000 offer other day at uni, then following message came in

01/19/2017Buyer's offer $1,000,000.00Most recent quote $950.00

Hello there. I currently own the domain name PickAStrain.com. I see that you are also in the same business name as mine. I feel like we can merge together to build the ultimate website for the future of marijuana websites.

I told Matt accept the million, I dont want to team up with Norb Norb
Haven't heard back

Yes, I made an inquiry a year ago on a 21 letter .com guy wanted 15k for it
Pass, yet I still get messages from their brokers, last one was am i on vacation or something like that.
Yes, very aggressive

Out of the kindness of my heart, I will close negotiations on all inquiries, so the potential buyers don't get spammed with the same rude sales messages for perpetuity

Since their nameserver landers suck, I use their contact form forward lander
https://uniregistry.com/market/contact/DOMAINNAME.com

Had an inquiry and it goes to above link. However they say inquiry came from marketplace search?
Uni sucks, frank is fishing at your expense, the brokers can't price names and their control panel shows wrong or incomplete information.

Frank and i like to key on the same keyword, however a search of that keyword at uni, shows mine way down the list, Frank gets lots top spots.> Looking now, I only see someone else's premium marketplace names then extensions like .help .site .band .dentist
My names aren't even there. Thanks for that little bit of extra effort to make me as much money as you can

Better luck to you, I wouldn't use them as a registrar, and skeptical about their brokers and whether they know what reality is.

•••
Hi @franka46 could you be more specific what extension?

•••
@franka46 - you really should look for this at another registrar, because you have conflicting information whether it is available or not. What happens if you type the domain in the address bar? What happens if you search for this at the .MP Registry?

My friend ..i DID ..its available ...@ 101domain ..but idont want to use them anymore,so i enq at unireg ....and got these email replies

•••
•••
You can see on Domcomp and there are only Espace2001 and 101domain. Have you try to http://nic.mp ? You'll be redirect to http://get.mp... price only $20. But I don't even know about get.mp so far.
Good luck.

•••
My friend ..i DID ..its available ...@ 101domain ..but idont want to use them anymore,so i enq at unireg ....and got these email replies

I'm talking about ANOTHER registrar than the two you have tried already, which are giving you conflicting information. You also didn't post your results of the two questions I've asked you. Is that so hard to understand?

•••
The question was "WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO CALL SOMEBODY FROM A REGISTRAR ABOUT REGISTERING A DOMAIN NAME"
NOT ,what registrar ,ext ,price ,domain name ,etc

as stub said ''I've asked you. Is that so hard to understand?"

case closed.

•••
No need to call anybody, Just go to DomComp.com find a registrar which does .MP domains, and check if they say it's available. That way you break the tie of one saying yes and one saying no.

Or maybe even better to go to the horses mouth and check availability at the Registry.

Last edited:
•••
@franka46 - since Uniregistry does NOT sell MP domains, you are better off going direct to the MP registry as mentioned by @ET76 - plus they are less than half the cost of everywhere else.
https://tld-list.com/tld/mp

The MP TOS are rather sparse also - is this strictly for personal use or potential resale? ccTLD restrictions can be a deal breaker so double check there are no gotchas to ownership, transfer or sale. Ask me how I know : rolleyes : Not in MP though.

•••
why would you register a domain (.mp) that you can`t find a registrar for? I mean how should a end-user find domains like this? Or why would they want something like this?

•••
why would you register a domain (.mp) that you can`t find a registrar for? I mean how should a end-user find domains like this? Or why would they want something like this?

There could be a few reasons. Personal use, maybe?

•••
Many nice .mp domains available.. like Cha.mp.. the registry wants only $20,000

•••
Many nice .mp domains available.. like Cha.mp.. the registry wants only $20,000

Renewals for cha/mp are only $20 a year

Unlike my favorite - pi/mp which is $10,000 to register AND Renewal: $10,000 / Year : bummer : Of course that is chu/mp change for a pi/mp who should ju/mp at the opportunity : grin :

•••
Yes Uniregistry as a registrar, a brokerage and owner by a domainer, has a huge conflict of interest.

•••
There could be a few reasons. Personal use, maybe?

I get that, but why? Why? would someone register a domain so hard to register. And pay that much.

•••
I get that, but why? Why? would someone register a domain so hard to register. And pay that much.

Maybe he's a skydiver and liked JU.MP There could be a host of reasons

•••
Look for another registrar period. Uniregistry is so unappealing to me, brokers are robots.
I am continually asked for prices when it says offers, admin email in control panel is so incorrect. Its nice to know emails of previous owners though.. most are blank
I had a price inquiry, quoted $1200 I looked broker quoted $3300
When I asked why, he said cannabis is quote below
Darryl Lopes to You
Marijuana and pot in Canada are becoming legal and you under valued the name. I sold weedtv.com for 25,000 USD. You can quote higher and always come down, HOWEVER you cannot quote lower and go higher. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=marijuana+canada&tbm=nws

Thanks for the link to google Daryl, however I live in BC bud

I emailed the inquiry email addresse, and quoted the guy $420 with no response. I asked broker about this his reply
Darryl Lopes to You
I am trying to make us both the most amount of money.

I undervalued my name? Guy sounds like a domainer not a broker.
Wait Frank is a domainer.. Still no money :(

I have all my names set at offers, yet get messages from uni asking for a price?
Then whatever price i give them they jack it $200 or $2100

Did receive $1,000,000 offer other day at uni, then following message came in

01/19/2017Buyer's offer $1,000,000.00Most recent quote $950.00

Hello there. I currently own the domain name PickAStrain.com. I see that you are also in the same business name as mine. I feel like we can merge together to build the ultimate website for the future of marijuana websites.

I told Matt accept the million, I dont want to team up with Norb Norb
Haven't heard back

Yes, I made an inquiry a year ago on a 21 letter .com guy wanted 15k for it
Pass, yet I still get messages from their brokers, last one was am i on vacation or something like that.
Yes, very aggressive

Out of the kindness of my heart, I will close negotiations on all inquiries, so the potential buyers don't get spammed with the same rude sales messages for perpetuity

Since their nameserver landers suck, I use their contact form forward lander
https://uniregistry.com/market/contact/DOMAINNAME.com

Had an inquiry and it goes to above link. However they say inquiry came from marketplace search?
Uni sucks, frank is fishing at your expense, the brokers can't price names and their control panel shows wrong or incomplete information.

Frank and i like to key on the same keyword, however a search of that keyword at uni, shows mine way down the list, Frank gets lots top spots.> Looking now, I only see someone else's premium marketplace names then extensions like .help .site .band .dentist
My names aren't even there. Thanks for that little bit of extra effort to make me as much money as you can

Better luck to you, I wouldn't use them as a registrar, and skeptical about their brokers and whether they know what reality is.

I saw this post quite a while back and never replied because I was working with Uniregistry. However, I am no longer working for them and therefore my opinions won't reflect that of the company.

How am I supposed to guess you live in BC. Think of that for a second... from my point of view. I dealt with many sellers as a broker when working day to day. I doubt you ever had a phone conversation or emailed me about the weather. I was showing you the Google link so if you are busy or perhaps did not live in BC, you would understand why and I know why I would advise pricing it higher.

Do you want brokers to price your names lower?
Do you want brokers to get less money for you?
Do you want brokers to do no research on your domain names and report trends or spikes in traffic or stories in the news, perhaps you would be unaware of it, let's say if you lived in BC?

I don't think so.

I have experience selling marijuana and weed related domain names, I brokered weedtv.com for $25,000 USD as I told you above and californiagrass.com for $5K, I also have brokered hundreds of other domain names totaling in the millions of dollars in sales. I used Namebio and other reported sales to advise and appraise domain names. Brokering domain names and working with people in this industry is my bread and butter and quite frankly you ate my lunch, by going to the buyer directly and offering even a lower amount to them is shooting yourself in the foot and against Uniregistry Terms and Conditions. I strongly suggest you reread them again or risk getting kicked off the platform for going around brokers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back