Dynadot

advice My first 4 fig sale! I'm officially a domainer, but I need your help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnifeCatcher

Established Member
Impact
Not a massive sale but it is an exciting milestone for me since I am new to domaining and it was a 3 months hold! I have also sold 4 other domains with ($50-100) profits.
My portfolio is tiny (78 domains) but I focus on high quality only.

upload_2021-4-30_9-37-32.png

I am looking to learn more about outbound sales or other methods that give an edge (maybe advertising?). If there's anyone experienced with alternative methods to listing and waiting for inbound sales, willing to guide me, I'd be happy to compensate you for your time or even to profit share from my portfolio.

Thanks to everyone on here, I'm learning a lot everyday!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats!

Linkedin is decent for outbound or the right info you need for outbound . . .

•••
Congrats!

Linkedin is decent for outbound or the right info you need for outbound . . .

Thanks dude :) I will look into LinkedIn outbound, and if anyone has experience with it, please let me know

•••
•••
•••
To answer your outbound questions.... To paraphrase a long time member here @Kate.... If you got good names, buyers will FIND YOU. After 6 years I can concur.

•••
To answer your outbound questions.... To paraphrase a long time member here @Kate.... If you got good names, buyers will FIND YOU. After 6 years I can concur.

I agree, but I am looking to experiment with alternative methods :)

•••
Can you share the acquired price and sales venue?

•••
•••
Congrats...

If you do a search on here, Ive posted some info on outbounding that works for me, I mainly use LinkedIn to find buyers.

•••
Congrats...

If you do a search on here, Ive posted some info on outbounding that works for me, I mainly use LinkedIn to find buyers.
Agree with @gilescoley , LinkedIn seems to work best. IMHO Facebook Domain Groups as well as Whatsapp Domain groups are full of so-called domainers trying to push their crap on you.

•••
First of all, congrats on the sale...great work. LinkedIn is a great source, and as what has been previously said: If you have a great domain in the first place, a buyer eventually "will" find you. If you register trash, the response is trash...sometimes it is that simple

•••
Congrats...

Awesome, I’m digging through your posts.
I’ve shot you a DM

•••
•••
•••
Congrats on the sale. I am not really surprised as sales funnel is a popular business term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale. I am not really surprised as sales funnel is a popular business term.

Brad

I had buyer's remorse after I ordered it, as the word sale in singular form doesn't seem to fit

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats, @KnifeCatcher

For outbound sales, you might want to look at Yogi Solanke’s work at https://outbounddomains.com/

He’s a beast, started selling geo insurance names outbound at high volume, ended up being hired by top domain broker Saw.com this year.

You can also put your brandables on sites like BrandBucket, Squadhelp, BrandPa. Also try Flippa for more startup and entrepreneur-focused sales. Lots of avenues. Depends on your domains, preferences, and your niche.

•••
•••
Congratulations! I remember my first "domain only" big sale many moons ago. I hand registered a 5 letter domain and held on to it. In the few years I held it there were a few laughable offers, and some ok ones, but I held true and knew that one day a big offer would find its way to me. Even when I was dirt poor and didn't have two nickels to rub together, I still held this domain and turned down a few offers. Then one day, out of no where, I received a random phone call from someone interested. They asked what I wanted, I told them the price (5 figures) and they said "done deal, email me your banking wire info". And that was it. No negotiating, no back and forth. I was so incredibly happy and that was the start of something truly great.

•••
“Funnel” is a strong keyword.

know it seems strange, but popular keyword

I’ve seen another big sale with “Funnel” in sales thread, but regards to this well done! —

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back