Dynadot

question My 4 letter .com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yasin.ismail

Established Member
Impact
I'm new(ish) to domaining and looking for advice.
I recently purchased a 4 letter dot com domain for $150 from Dropcatch and not sure what to do with it.
I'm looking at just putting it into a GoDaddy auction but I'm open to suggestions?
Any advice would be great!
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What was your rationale behind purchasing it?

•••
You can put it into an auction if you want to liquidate it fast with a little profit, but you can also list it on Dan.com/Afterinic to wait for an end-user.

•••
To be honest it was my first successful purchase at auction so I mainly bought it just to get a taste for the auction room and see how things work.
I'm looking at making a small profit so yes, I might just put it back into auction and hope for the best.

Last edited:
•••
Well you can try and do a quick flip, but since you bought it for $150 at a public auction, chances are it won't go higher at a new auction.

•••
You're probably right. To be fair if I break even I won't be disappointed.
My domain is locked on Namebright. Can I sell on GoDaddy while my domain is locked?

•••
You're probably right. To be fair if I break even I won't be disappointed.
My domain is locked on Namebright. Can I sell on GoDaddy while my domain is locked?
You can only push to another namebirght account while it's 60 day locked

•••
You made a correct decision to invest in short names which have immediate liquidation value.

Without knowing the name, can't say about it's valuations.

Since it is a four letter .com, you can liquidate the domain any time at $100 in namepros (Many liquid names buyer here).

Only GD Auction will not give much exposure also if you keep reserve you have to pay in GD.

For better returns list them in DAN, Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy Premium Listing, Brandable Marketplaces, DaaZ, etc.

•••
Back