Dynadot

.tv Music.tv picked up for $50!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'll be first to say congrats to Jimbo for picking up Music.tv (an ex FMA name) for $50! Rare that this will happen, but a true Verisign pricing glitch.

Enjoy!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All these double your money posts are cheap. I will offer you 5 times your money! What do you say? :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
why would fma drop it? he has mail.tv and go.tv both renewed

•••
Honestly I don't think we can talk about luck.
He BO the name, I didn't. He was better than me and deserve the name.

•••
why would fma drop it? he has mail.tv and go.tv both renewed

Several things you are missing. They let go of:

AvantGarde.tv
Intensity.tv
Exotic.tv
Rave.tv
Buz.tv
Buzz.tv
Music.tv
Explore.tv

No need for me to get into the details of the lapse, but it is what it is.

A

•••
Good luck to the winner, looking forward to a big reported sale :)

•••
•••
Niceeee man... B-)
Let's wait for MTV next moves.. make offer on the domain or offer shares to the owner?

•••
I have spoken to Elequa he called me from the UK a few weeks back, very upset with the Music.tv drop he is dealing with a major family dispute. I am not sure how much of what will be made public but we spoke a few times and he did get some other .tv names renewed.

Ray,
Thanks for the insight. This is exactly what I suspected. Unfortunate for FMA.

A

•••
I just texted him Music.tv got picked up for $50 he texted back F*CK, he is very displeased to say the least.

•••
The reason why it was not repriced was that Igal (MrsJello/CyberTavern) and Elequa(FMA) had special pricing when people were paying $500 to $10,000 in premium renewals they had $25 and $50 respectively so the Verisign system still set up the way it was in 2004 when I acquired LCD.tv for $29.99 at Go Daddy instead of $5,000 a year at www.tv.

•••
Nice grab :)
Good luck to the winner!

•••
Fantastic catch, but unfortunate circumstance. I've been on the wrong end of something like that, sympathies sent out to former owner.

•••
There will be another "collapse" of .tv's that will have people wondering what the hell happened in a short while. Just saying.... Must be luck :)

A

•••
Truly exceptional pick-up. Congratulations!!!

•••
Congrats to Jimbo, a ripper of a name, i do remember heroes developed pop.tv at one time, that's all i'll say other than if you don't try nothing changes …..no chances, no changes

Last edited:
•••
Thanks ThreeD this was 10 years ago, I long since sold the name.

Oh, ok..nice! I bet it gave you a nice ROI back then ;)

Btw, I can see why Elequa is upset about dropping Music.TV. It's a really domain with a lot of potential if developed properly using something more professional than Wordpress or Joomla ;)

•••
I could see this used for new original music without the licensing fees, there is a audio site based on this idea, name escapes but it is popular

•••
Yeah you have to
I could see this used for new original music without the licensing fees, there is a audio site based on this idea, name escapes but it is popular

Look you are right you have to keep trying, I have sat down a few times with people on MusicNews.tv not in the class of Music.tv but not trash either and look I had never expected Music.tv to ever be available. FMA does not sell, this family battle was unable to be seen, so I liked the fact that Music would be in his vault for years and then a name like GenreMusic.tv or MusicNews.tv would not have to worry about the 800 pound Gorilla.

You have to keep trying, I know Frank Schilling says and is now trademarking "The right domain can change your life"

I believe in 2014 it is "The right website or app idea can change your life"

•••
$50 OMG! :)

Congrats to James!

I have a bit offtop question to all who knows regarding repricing. For example if there was one non-premium .tv name that is dropping (but the name is good), could it be repriced now or it would be normal renewal fee. For example forex dot tv wasn't repriced. But could it be?

•••
Great pickup! Hold out for 7 figure offer Jimbo!

•••
Why would any individual or group get "special pricing"? Talk about stacking the deck!
Very nice way to put it.

Keith said:
Grow one idea/domain, instead of trying to gather hundreds of domains, or distractions IMO.
Bingo

Last edited:
•••
Wow and congratulations jimbo

Awesome score mate well done!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back