Domain Empire

MoveYourDomain Day 2018 - Transfer Domain to Namecheap For $3.98

NameSilo
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
From March 6, 00:00 AM, EST until March 7, 11:59 PM, EST, each transfer of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US, .CO, .ME and .IO to Namecheap will cost $3.98 only.
Plus you will get a FREE one-year of:
  • Comodo PositiveSSL (DV) ($8.88 value),
  • Private Email service ($9.88 value),
  • WhoisGuard ($2.88 value).
Update:
Transfer code
MYDD2018
Limit:

• Limited to 25 domains per household or business, up to 5 per transaction.
  • Not valid for domains that have been previously transferred away from Namecheap.
  • PayPal and Credit Card are both accepted.
For more detail plz click: https://www.namecheap.com/promotions/move-your-domain-day/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me everything went smooth...I woke in the morning, saw that the event already started
and then I started to get my domains and EPPs.

After that I contacted the support via chat, asked them to help me transfer the domains.
Credited my account with the total amount for 25 transfers, they did the work,
used the credit from my account and that's it.

Yes indeed, the confirmation emails took way too long to arrive, I just got them all like 1 hour again.

Really sorry to see that others had issues, but personally I haven't seen any promo event
from any registrar that did had some sort of difficulties.

Last edited:
•••
I have successfully been able to approve transfer of 24 domains, even though I requested 5 transfer requests of 5 domains each.

So while approving transfer of 1 domain, there was an error.

Any guesses, where that 1 domain was registered?

I bet over 90% of domainers will have similar opinion.

Yes, it was at NetSol, i got the authorization code yesterday as I requested it on 2-March. So, i went to my NetSol account and found out what? Any guesses? Yes, they locked my domain again. So, I had to again create a request to unlock and transfer domain. Lets see what happens.

I wonder what they eat..

•••
Sometimes the few cents you save really isn’t worth the struggle.
My tip stay with one registry, not only are you a loyal customer but you’re making that registry money. The more money the registry makes the more updates and promos they’ll make.

Yeap its kinda convenient to have all domains in a central place but I since I am already using NC so its a big deal, plus for around 40 mins worth of trouble (generating Auth codes, doing the 5 batches of order at name cheap and confirming the emails) just saved $500+ (for some great one word .co's) not a bad deal at least for me.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not able to transfer any domain.
I've placed 2 .me into cart, with authcode and everything, but when I click on "View cart" I've this strange error:

Your shopping cart is currently empty. Time to go shopping for low-priced domains and services at Namecheap!

And cart disappears :xf.eek::xf.eek:

•••
I've placed 2 .me into cart, with authcode and everything, but when I click on "View cart" I've this strange error:

Your shopping cart is currently empty. Time to go shopping for low-priced domains and services at Namecheap!

try clear cache
or incognito window

or add one by one.

•••
•••
Is there some trick to this to get it to work? Paid for 10 domains (5 at a time) to transfer. Now, I can't add any more. My domains will be eligible, but I get an error of
Uh-oh! Your domain xxxxxx.com is not eligible for transfer to us.
  • Some information, required for successful transfer of your domain, is unavailable.

•••
Is there some trick to this to get it to work? Paid for 10 domains (5 at a time) to transfer. Now, I can't add any more. My domains will be eligible, but I get an error of
  • Some information, required for successful transfer of your domain, is unavailable.

well normally should tell you why not eligible.

like when I tried to transfer expired domains

•••
hmm its been said here several times that tranfering 25 .io for $4 each is around $800 savings.. is this what you mean by few cents or do you mean somehting else? to me its a bit more than few cents.. but it all depends on everyone bank acounts. cheers
Nah. It's just what these people say because they want to justify not saving $$$.

I used to think they say it because they're making xx,xxx domaining, but then I realized, they're just trying to come up with supporting reasons for why they didn't go through with the hassle.

NC is not Dotster, Nominalia, or AIT.com. Namecheap is one of the top registrars that people like.

To say something like "I don't chase promo deals like this because the hassle at bad registrars... blah." <--- it doesn't make sense for NC.

I, myself, didn't save on .co or .io because I don't have any. Instead, I saved on .com and .net, which is a ton of savings if you consider that renewal at Epik is $8 - $9. I know it's not thousands or hundreds of dollars, but it's still over 50%.

And I did things that I would've normally had to do to renew my domains -- I got the transfer codes, then I did the shopping cart. There was no super hassle needed.

And right now when I checked my email, I got all of my Verification Emails. They've arrived.

There are no problems except for the SMALL WRINKLE that NC's deal is PER BASKET rather than 25 domains. E.g.: No one really knew that you had to do 5 transfers in one go each time.

Other than that, this promo was and is awesome. And anyone that wants to complain about it or say that they were scared -- well, all I can tell you is, I guess you must be doing really well in domaining.

•••
YO CJ MAKE SURE YOU DO 5 DOMAINS AT ONE GO, MAN.

It's PER BASKET and not # of domains!

•••
It took five hours to get the emails. My last batch I did in the morning and the emails came in 5 minutes 😏

•••
From March 6, 00:00 AM, EST until March 6, 11:59 PM, EST, each transfer of .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US, .CO, .ME and .IO to Namecheap will cost $3.98 only.
Plus you will get a FREE one-year of:
  • Comodo PositiveSSL (DV) ($8.88 value),
  • Private Email service ($9.88 value),
  • WhoisGuard ($2.88 value).
Update:
Transfer code
MYDD2018
Limit:

• Limited to 25 domains per household or business, up to 5 per transaction.
  • Not valid for domains that have been previously transferred away from Namecheap.
  • PayPal and Credit Card are both accepted.
For more detail plz click: https://www.namecheap.com/promotions/move-your-domain-day/
I saw this thread late. I transferred all 7 at the same time, 5 costed me $3.98 each and rest 2 costed above $9 each.If I had seen this thread earlier then would have saved more $12.
it's the best thing today.Huge discount.

Last edited:
•••
I saw this thread late. I transferred all 7 at the same time, 5 costed me $3.98 each and rest 2 costed above $9 each.If I had seen this thread earlier then would have saved more $12.
it's the best thing today.Huge discount.

I think your probelem is you put 7 at once.
not that the promo is over.

try it again with 5 at a time max.

and repeat 4 more times. this should give you 20 more transfers at 4$ each

gl

•••
I think your probelem is you put 7 at once.
not that the promo is over.

try it again with 5 at a time max.

and repeat 4 more times. this should give you 20 more transfers at 4$ each

gl
I know bro, I did 7 at once that is why I had to pay normal price for rest 2. I saw this thread later after I already paid.

•••
I know bro, I did 7 at once that is why I had to pay normal price for rest 2. I saw this thread later after I already paid.

ah ok sorry my bad lol

I thought you said promo was over.

so this means you can still tranfer 20 for $4ea :)

•••
Man, they're never going to get their 51k before the promo ends. They should increase the limit to 50 per person.

•••
Man, they're never going to get their 51k before the promo ends. They should increase the limit to 50 per person.

lol
now there is an idea!!

sadly in one of emails I got from them aqbotu this they explicitely said even if limit not reached today, the promo wil not continue tomorrow! :)

so I don't think they wanna make things too generous for us here.. either by extending it if limit not reached or by increasing limits today :)

but hey.. I got me an extra year on 11 io and 14 co

that's 11x30+11x20=550 savings! couldn't be happier.

•••
lol
now there is an idea!!

sadly in one of emails I got from them aqbotu this they explicitely said even if limit not reached today, the promo wil not continue tomorrow! :)

so I don't think they wanna make things too generous for us here.. either by extending it if limit not reached or by increasing limits today :)

but hey.. I got me an extra year on 11 io and 14 co

that's 11x30+11x20=550 savings! couldn't be happier.

It's okay... I just somehow sold 25 of my domains to my brother/sister/nephew/parents/far-far-removed-relatives and now they want me to transfer it to their new account at namecheap.

What can I do? :xf.wink:

•••
"............. The coupon code usage will be limited to 51,000 transfers total. If the limit is reached before the end of the promotion, the coupon will not work anymore.

Please also keep in mind that the promo coupon will be valid for 24 hours only. Thus, if the above-mentioned limitation is not reached, the promo still will be ended in 24 hours......."

;)

•••
YO CJ MAKE SURE YOU DO 5 DOMAINS AT ONE GO, MAN.

It's PER BASKET and not # of domains!
I know. I still cannot do it. Is anyone else having the problem?

•••
Did 2 transfers one is done within an hour the other still to go..

•••
If you ever had a domain you are trying to transfer with namecheap you will not be able to do the transfer at the discounted rate.

•••
Did 2 transfers one is done within an hour the other still to go..
Don't wait.

I went to bed, then woke up to see all the verification emails.

My suggestion: get your 25, then just chillax for the rest of the day, then remember to check your email before dinner.

Then click :)

And done. Smooth as winter's ice :)

Or you could just sit there hitting F5 every 1 minute waiting in cold sweat for 25 emails that you're wondering will arrive :P

•••

I came across the same problem. After trying multiple times I got the solution. After you enter the domain and auth codes in the bulk transfer box and begin the transfer, make sure you click on the "Add to Cart" button first. The page refreshes with the updated price and the button now has "View cart". If the promo price is not applied, just enter "MYDD2018" in the coupon code before the checkout screen.

I was able to move 25 domains without much hassles. I even received approver emails for all 25 domains.

Sure saved a lot today thanks to NC :)

Now I can sleep peacefully.

•••
Wasn't this promo supposed to come with free privacy? My dotcom doesn't have it even though I was positive it was included.

Edit: Nevermind, might have been a glitch in their control panel. One part says privacy and another says none and cannot be applied. (Even though it's not working so I can't say for sure.)

Also has anyone used NC email? Wonder if it's decent. Comes free with the promo for 1 year.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back