Domain Empire

opinion Most trusted domain history resources?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fliporium

Top Member
Impact
Something about considering an aged domain for sale that I really enjoy doing is the research on its background. I have a pretty good working knowledge of the various black hat techniques that webmasters can use to accomplish different tasks, and when I spot certain telltale signs of this it always gives me a chuckle.

My two primary tools for doing my research is Alexa and Wayback Machine, they seem to be the most solid sources of information that I know of.

What sources of information do others here use? And if it’s not a secret, how do you interpret the information?

Also, I was wondering what others experiences have been with Alexa, such as how much can these stats be trusted. I noticed recently that Alexa is owned by Amazon so I started to wonder if there were any other companies that have similar products, perhaps better?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wayback Machine is about all I use besides Namebio for checking comparable sales. I don't care much about backlinks or traffic. If the domain is good I'm buying it, and if it used to have a website even better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back