Dynadot

domain Mortage.com was sold for $242,000 What i did? Need opinions- Mortgaige.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

shah247

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros Folks,
I hope you all are doing fine, I need your opinion and reviews for a domain i bought yesterday.

So I'll start from here the other day, I was exploring Expireddomains .net in a hunt for a domain and caught a domain *Mortgaige.com* which, I know is a misspelled domain Orginal word is *Mortgage*. sound similar?

Considering a previous sale of Mortage.com ($242,400) and of my recent sale of a misspelling domain got my interest in this domain so, I went on and bought it. I'm not a pro in domaining but I try to research first then buy sometimes, I failed and sometimes succeed. that's how you learn and grow in this industry.

Give me your reviews and thoughts on this domain?

what plans do i have with this domain?
Well, I'm here to do a quick flip if I received any decent offer mid $$$ otherwise will submit to Squadhelp or brandbucket for a beautiful landing page to attract the right buyer for it. what do you think? suggestions and opinions are welcomed

Please ignore my grammar and spelling mistakes as English is not my native language. Thanks

Regards,
Shahzaib

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wrong section, brand marketplaces are horrible, try parking it with housing ads.

•••
Seems like it would have potential with parking or an affiliate program. Depends if it receives traffic or not.

•••
Have never heard of the word "mortage", I cannot believe someone paid a quarter-mil for a typo!

Still, that was over a decade ago, don't waste your time with such nonsense as "mortgaige". I could never see someone branding on that. You can do better, and should.

•••
I would park it on Bodis or other similar services and see how much traffic and clicks it generates

•••
Have never heard of the word "mortage", I cannot believe someone paid a quarter-mil for a typo!

Still, that was over a decade ago, don't waste your time with such nonsense as "mortgaige". I could never see someone branding on that. You can do better, and should.
you never know someone may have an idea for it also the domain was first registered in 2001 and dropped in 2020.

•••
mortgaige.com is not a typo of mortgage.com, but it might be a typo of mortgauge.com :xf.rolleyes:

•••
mortgaige.com is not a typo of mortgage.com, but it might be a typo of mortgauge.com :xf.rolleyes:
I did not say that it's a typo it's a misspelled read my post again, please. Thanks

•••
always dream big,
put at least a XX,xxx$ bin for 6 months on sedo/afternic
you never know some crazy guy who has too much money to spend

3 months before it expire come back here for an epic auction

•••
always dream big,
put at least a XX,xxx$ bin for 6 months on sedo/afternic
you never know some crazy guy who has too much money to spend

3 months before it expire come back here for an epic auction
That's a nice idea. thanks

•••
I have typo Martgage.com with a few users each day , No offer in a year , hand regged it a year ago

Your name mortgaige is totally dependent on traffic , if it has good traffic keep it otherwise drop it on renewal

Last edited:
•••
This is the type of name we all buy when we first start out, but you learn after a while why they have an incredibly low chance of selling, even for a few hundred bucks.

Brandability is certainly a big factor, as mentioned by others, and there's no good argument for why a company would want to brand themselves on this particular mis-spelling of Mortgage.

Another thing you need to consider is the uniqueness of the name. Are there other ways of saying what your name is saying, or doing what it's doing? For example, you offer an unusual mis-spelling of Mortgage that sounds like the real word (mostly). That's fine... but why not Mortgige, Mortgadge, Mortgaj, Mortgudge, Moregage, etc...? Why should someone pay you hundreds or thousands rather than register some other off-colour mis-spelling that's still available.

Don't listen to those that will tell you "maybe" some crazy billionaire will fall in love with the name and pay you thousands for it. That doesn't happen. Is there an incredibly remote possibility? Sure... in the same way that "maybe" a crazy billionaire will fall in love with the odor of my feet and pay me thousands for one of my socks. It's a pipe dream. Don't bet on pipe dreams.

•••
This is the type of name we all buy when we first start out, but you learn after a while why they have an incredibly low chance of selling, even for a few hundred bucks.

Brandability is certainly a big factor, as mentioned by others, and there's no good argument for why a company would want to brand themselves on this particular mis-spelling of Mortgage.

Another thing you need to consider is the uniqueness of the name. Are there other ways of saying what your name is saying, or doing what it's doing? For example, you offer an unusual mis-spelling of Mortgage that sounds like the real word (mostly). That's fine... but why not Mortgige, Mortgadge, Mortgaj, Mortgudge, Moregage, etc...? Why should someone pay you hundreds or thousands rather than register some other off-colour mis-spelling that's still available.

Don't listen to those that will tell you "maybe" some crazy billionaire will fall in love with the name and pay you thousands for it. That doesn't happen. Is there an incredibly remote possibility? Sure... in the same way that "maybe" a crazy billionaire will fall in love with the odor of my feet and pay me thousands for one of my socks. It's a pipe dream. Don't bet on pipe dreams.
Thanks for your expert opinion. but I want to include this that none of these domains you mentioned sounds like similar to a mortgage and a few you mentioned Mortgige.com and moregage.com which are already taken and yes these two only sound very similar to mortgage.com so the Mortgaige.com ?

and I appreciate your opinion and a detailed review and an honest suggestion. I'll keep in mind next time

Thanks

Regards,
shahzaib

•••
•••
i think it’s garbage
Unfortunately I have to say that I think the same and also SH or BB will never accept such domain. This isn't neither a brandable nor a good typo. If no traffic, $0 is the fair value.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your expert opinion. but I want to include this that none of these domains you mentioned sounds like similar to a mortgage and a few you mentioned Mortgige.com and moregage.com which are already taken and yes these two only sound very similar to mortgage.com so the Mortgaige.com ?

and I appreciate your opinion and a detailed review and an honest suggestion. I'll keep in mind next time

Thanks

Regards,
shahzaib
The issue is that Mortgaige only sounds more like Mortgage according to you. You're letting an uninformed subjective opinion guide your buying decisions.

•••
Mortage.com was sold at good price, doesn't mean Mortaige.com can do the same. Very little chances to sell at even $500. The sales of Mortage.com is not a good example to follow.

For example, double letter brandable domains used to be quite popular at Brandbucket market, so several years ago I bought 700 names, all double letter. I remember someone warned me not to buy in too many, but I was new to domaining so i didn't hear. Now during the last 3-5 years, I have dropped 50% of the names and received really limited offers. So domainers always have great dreams, that's good, but we also need logic and analytical skills to make rational decisions. Passion doesn;t give us returns, experiences do.

•••
  • You can hang it on every platform
    • Making a nice sales page,that can also attract natural flow buyers
      • Try more.Hard work always pays off
        :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks, That's a very genuine suggestion.

•••
Thanks, That's a very genuine suggestion.

• For sale pages, there's also a lot to look at,
  • If you are interested, I can also find some recommendations for you:xf.smile:

•••
  • For sale pages, there's also a lot to look at,
  • If you are interested, I can also find some recommendations for you:xf.smile:
that would be very sweet of you. DM me

•••
Just to clarify... Sales pages don't attract buyers. Names that buyers want attract buyers. People have to want the name first, and then they'll go looking for it and see the landing page. It doesn't work the other way around.

Don't overcomplicate things. Simply ask yourself: "If I were starting a business, would I call it Mortgaige?"

If you can sincerely answer yes to that question, then go looking for evidence of other people who share that opinion. If you can't find any, drop the name.

•••
Everything you need to know about this name is right here on page 1 of the Google search:

upload_2020-12-7_23-31-53.png

•••
Just to clarify... Sales pages don't attract buyers. Names that buyers want attract buyers. People have to want the name first, and then they'll go looking for it and see the landing page. It doesn't work the other way around.

Don't overcomplicate things. Simply ask yourself: "If I were starting a business, would I call it Mortgaige?"

If you can sincerely answer yes to that question, then go looking for evidence of other people who share that opinion. If you can't find any, drop the name.

Yes, only when the buyer knows the name will they search it:xf.smile:

I mean one more way one more chance to sell,
  • Multiple ways of selling to increase the number of ways of selling:xf.smile:

•••
Yes, only when the buyer knows the name will they search it:xf.smile:

I mean one more way one more chance to sell,
  • Multiple ways of selling to increase the number of ways of selling:xf.smile:
I understand what you're saying. It's just that if no one wants the name, listing it in lots of places doesn't actually improve your chances.

Basic math, right? 1 x 0 is the exact same result as 100 x 0. The only difference here is that more time is being spent on a sunk cost.

That being said... buying these kinds of names and exploring listing options and sales strategies with them is how most of us started learning. There is value in that.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back