IT.COM

domain Mortage.com was sold for $242,000 What i did? Need opinions- Mortgaige.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

shah247

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros Folks,
I hope you all are doing fine, I need your opinion and reviews for a domain i bought yesterday.

So I'll start from here the other day, I was exploring Expireddomains .net in a hunt for a domain and caught a domain *Mortgaige.com* which, I know is a misspelled domain Orginal word is *Mortgage*. sound similar?

Considering a previous sale of Mortage.com ($242,400) and of my recent sale of a misspelling domain got my interest in this domain so, I went on and bought it. I'm not a pro in domaining but I try to research first then buy sometimes, I failed and sometimes succeed. that's how you learn and grow in this industry.

Give me your reviews and thoughts on this domain?

what plans do i have with this domain?
Well, I'm here to do a quick flip if I received any decent offer mid $$$ otherwise will submit to Squadhelp or brandbucket for a beautiful landing page to attract the right buyer for it. what do you think? suggestions and opinions are welcomed

Please ignore my grammar and spelling mistakes as English is not my native language. Thanks

Regards,
Shahzaib

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dude what ? ..Mortgej is more valuable than “mortgaige” ..Welcome to NamePros nevertheless

•••
I understand what you're saying. It's just that if no one wants the name, listing it in lots of places doesn't actually improve your chances.

Basic math, right? 1 x 0 is the exact same result as 100 x 0. The only difference here is that more time is being spent on a sunk cost.

That being said... buying these kinds of names and exploring listing options and sales strategies with them is how most of us started learning. There is value in that.

Nice talking to you:xf.smile:(y)

•••
•••
I understand what you're saying. It's just that if no one wants the name, listing it in lots of places doesn't actually improve your chances.

Basic math, right? 1 x 0 is the exact same result as 100 x 0. The only difference here is that more time is being spent on a sunk cost.

That being said... buying these kinds of names and exploring listing options and sales strategies with them is how most of us started learning. There is value in that.
you never know who wants the name and who does not. ik it's hard to sell a brandable domain. Just like mortage.com was first registered maybe no one wanted before until the right buyer paid for it. anyway i respect your opinion and thoughts I'll keep in mind for the next purchase. thanks your time.

•••

you never know who wants the name and who does not. ik it's hard to sell a brandable domain. Just like mortage.com was first registered maybe no one wanted before until the right buyer paid for it. anyway i respect your opinion and thoughts I'll keep in mind for the next purchase. thanks your time.

•••
Mortgaige isn't a brandable

•••
Hi

in 2006, i sold:
mortfage.com @ $125

btw: it's available to register and has $800 gd appraisal

be quick, better hurry///

imo....

Last edited:
•••
•••
you never know who wants the name and who does not.
Of course that's true, but you can use that justification to buy any name.

Don't buy names because "you never know". Buy names because you do know.

Maybe you know that:
  • The term is being used widely online.
  • Some businesses are already using this name as their brand, slogan, or for a product/service.
  • Similar styles of brandable names are popular and you can gain added exposure by having it approved at a brandable marketplace.
Either way, make sure you know why you're buying the name. And make sure it's not because a name with similar spelling once sold for a lot of money a long time ago. Rely on current data and examples; the more the better.

•••

Maybe you know that:
  • Some businesses are already using this name as their brand, slogan, or for a product/service.
  • Similar styles of brandable names are popular and you can gain added exposure by having it approved at a brandable marketplace.
Either way, make sure you know why you're buying the name. And make sure it's not because a name with similar spelling once sold for a lot of money a long time ago. Rely on current data and examples; the more the better.
Gotcha. THANKS FOR THE BEST GUIDE.

•••
As we are putting this “post” to shame @Joe Nichols

•••

Maybe you know that:
Gotcha. THANKS FOR THE BEST GUIDE.

•••
•••
no there is nothing about shame. it's about learning from experience. I love how Joe politely explained everything i needed to understand . i will keep his precious advice in my mind next time i invest in any domain. Thanks joe.

•••
•••
•••
•••
No shame in learning. He gave genuine advice. I learned something myself, from a couple posts on this thread.. I sell domains directly, and never considered the options of parking or affiliates- because I know nothing of it.

Certainly doesn't change the quality of the name, but at least there's other routes of revenue that can be considered if anything.

Just be prudent of how much time and effort vs likelyhood of profitable returns.

•••
No shame in learning. He gave genuine advice. I learned something myself, from a couple posts on this thread.. I sell domains directly, and never considered the options of parking or affiliates- because I know nothing of it.

Certainly doesn't change the quality of the name, but at least there's other routes of revenue that can be considered if anything.

Just be prudent of how much time and effort vs likelyhood of profitable returns.
Hi & I agree : )

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back