NameSilo

More more more

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey

My site, www.PimpedRides.co.uk is doing ok in that I've broken even now, but how do I get more traffic and higher revenue from my site?

It's ranked #1 on MSN search uk (search term = pimped) and #4 on Google search uk (search term = pimped out rides)

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

:$:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It wouldnt load for me, but it seems like a good domain name for what your doing

•••
won't load here either :(

You should check out some SEO sites, they teach you how to get increased traffic..start out at http://seochat.com and go on from there :)

•••
Getting it to load would help increase your revenue, for sure o:)

Add a forum, add an rss feed, add content. Anything for the SE's to find ya.

-Allan

•••
Hmm, it seems to be loading perfectly on desktops with broadband when I try, but on my laptop with a local network connection I have to click refresh and wait a little while for it to load. It might be that I'm just with a crappy server = Web-Mania.

It's really annoying, as it seems to be gathering momentum reletively quickly at the moment, with new members signing up every day. That said, the revenue from the Google ads is only $2.01 a day on average.

The site has a forum, it has a private messaging function, it has a birthday reminder function, it has a news section - it's basically a slightly modified version of the i-Rater Platinum software. As for an RSS feed, I'd love one if I knew how to get it....... :?

•••
I have a idea to boost you're site, make a virtual car section were people ''me'' use adobe to customise rides i have a site on them, Goes down real good aswell with visitors, :D

I'm a member of a number of v car tuning and could spread the word as they love showing them off as much as they can.

•••
I accessed the site perfectly from mozilla firefox pretty quick. What browsers is everyone using?

•••
Last edited:
•••
komp said:
I have a idea to boost you're site, make a virtual car section were people ''me'' use adobe to customise rides i have a site on them, Goes down real good aswell with visitors, :D

I'm a member of a number of v car tuning and could spread the word as they love showing them off as much as they can.

Yeah, I've been thinking of adding a "virtual cars" section recently. I may well do it at the end of the month when I clear out the inactive members and free up some of the hosting space.

As for link exchanges, I had loads when the site launched in January, but they seem to have abandoned me. Also lots of the bigger sites don't seem interested in link swapping for some reason.

Last edited:
•••
How about some babes, Like Car&model that would be good, Also hires wallpapers, Go join forums liek maxpower and spead the word:D

•••
Some of the photos do not load well. I was looking at a car and the photo never really appeared. Are there some corrupt files going on?

•••
It loads for me now but you should get rid of that black bar on the left and the black bg on the adsense and make it blend in to your site more. Also, those thumbnails look messed up and you should either resize them or get rid of them to make your site look better and for traffic try even posting around looking to swap links here or even at http://www.webmaster-talk.com.

•••
Cheers for the tips.

As for posting in forums, I'm already signed up to loads, and most seem to get pretty agitated when I start trying to advertise the site. Whatever happened to solidarity?!

All this sounds quite complicated to code and make it so that it looks really professional. What would be ideal is if it automatically re-sized to fit your screen's resolution.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back