Dynadot

Monetising Domain

Labeled as advice in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization started by Chazza, Nov 29, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Chazza

Chazza Established Member

Hello all,
    I wasn't sure in the section that I was supposed to put this in - feel free for a mod to move this if its in the wrong area.

I currently have a domain, duel(.)org and I was wondering what the best way of me monetising it would be. I've thought about basing around the gaming industry (as it would make sense), just not sure how is best to make revenue from this. I appreciate any feedback that can be given, I do have a new site built (isn't live currently), that is more around the gaming area.

I see other sites that make good revenue, and with a short and memorable domain like mine - It would be great to launch this properly.

Thanks in advance,
    Charlie.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Chazza

Would love some feedback, thank you.

3. Tom K

Tom K Established Member

Great domain. Gaming or sporting niche makes sense. Make sure you are passionate about the site and will not give up in a few months.

4. Chazza

Thanks Tom, I took some words from others so I think I have myself set content wise. Just more now to make revenue, yeah I love gaming - which for me I felt I could really connect with the community.

5. MrConor

MrConor Domainly.co Blue Account

Great domain - Could develop a website which hosts clans, where clans declare a match or "battle" against each other and other tournaments, leaderboards etc :)

Regards,
    Conor

6. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

It is sad...parking revenue is NOTHING compared to what it used to be (I blame giggle for this). but someone just mentioned to me on an old fashioned phone call that they are making somewhat reasonable income using dub.io.

I know nothing about them or their platform but will spend a little time this weekend checking it out. It has gotten so expensive and time consuming to build a mini site to try to make a little cash, I am on the verge of tanking it all and going to a hard sales lander for every name, dropping prices about 20% across the board and going for volume sales.

7. Chazza

Thanks a lot Connor! Hoping to register duel as a business, just unsure on a name atm :/ can’t register “Duel” due to it being an English word. Im going to build it into a “gaming organisation”, with Developer APIs etc.

Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah it's odd :/

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!