IT.COM

tips MobileInsuranceAgency sold for $1k within a week - My first sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UmerK

Established Member
Impact
Hi, guys. It's not long since i entered this domaining world but luckily for me my first sale came quickly and at good price. I have learned a lot from this forum and people around here so wanted to give it back to people around here somehow. So here's the method i followed from registration to the sale and the process i carried out, A big thank you to @Tank and @Gray Wolf for guiding me around when needed, wouldn't have been possible without these two gents.
For all newbies like myself reading first things first, Don't register junk of domains, know what you have to lose and limit yourself to at best 5 domains. This will push you to sell one of those and then move on with the business otherwise you'd keep using that card.
Step 1- I use quite a few tools and a bit of my brain to end up with names i register but my top pick for the name ideas are LeanDomainSearch.com and Namestation.com If you are struggling with ideas give them a try.
Step 2 (this is must) - Before even registering the domain go over several things, look for stats, traffic and most important end users unless you want to wait for years for right buyer to come knocking. What i mean by this is before you register a name map the idea in your head, know who are your 5 best potential users, find every little detail about them that can help. I would be comfortable moving ahead with the registration of domain with at least 5 good potential end users and few more secondary ones.
Step 3- Register the domain and let the hard work begin. I suggest creating a spreadsheet with few columns such as company, website, owner/ceo and email.
Step 4- Finding the right person and email, this could be easiest or hardest part of the process depending on your luck and hard work. I use a tool to do the hard work for me, it does not work that good with small websites but for medium-big range specially ones with board of directors pages it works wonder, the tool is Hunter you can get it for hunter.io for free. Now have heard people about this not accepting gmail well here's another trick get yourself a temporary email to register for Hunter extension you can get from here mytemp.email i have had no issues so far (Use carefully though). Once you get Hunter you can get email in two methods, either find the right person you want to target on linkedin or go to website. On linkedin, hunter would show an option if it doesn't click on hunter icon on extensions at top right and it should come up with email if any and for website do the same.
Step 5- Track your emails- this is a must, this is probably only thing through which you would know if someone is interested at all or not. There are several tools streak, contactmonkey, boomerang few to mention.
Lastly, this is what you should include in email or here is what worked for me.
Your subject outline should be your domain name (ALWAYS) the reason for this is, if they are interested they would open no point in coming with long subjects which are shady, having your domain in there is to the point and end user even before opening knows what it is about.
Keep it simple- Can not stress much on this, keep it as short as you can something like "I'm owner of this domain, i am contacting all potential interested parties, If you are at all interested, let me know" That's all. After that include your full details, Name, address, phone number and a message at the end which goes like something "I'm emailing you only because i think you would be interested, if you aren't and wish to receive no further communications let me know"
Feel free to inbox or reply here if you have any specific question about sale or the method, i would be more than happy to answer your queries, cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I forget to ask you a question, Do you use professional E-mail to reach out potential buyers or free E-mail provider?

•••
Congrats wish you more slaes

•••
•••
Please Can you try and give steps or clear explanation of how to go about the 'hunter' stuff and how it works? Let's say you are explaining to a newbie who never heard about it. Thanks

•••
Please Can you try and give steps or clear explanation of how to go about the 'hunter' stuff and how it works? Let's say you are explaining to a newbie who never heard about it. Thanks
You just have to sing up at hunter.io and add it to chrome as extension. After that find the buyer's linkedin or website. If its a website go the website and click on hunter icon on top right, if you don't see anything go to hunter.io and search domain there. If you still dont find anything go to about us page and look for executive team or any appropriate person, google them to find there linkedin once you are on there linkedin click on the hunter icon there that should work.

•••
•••
wow! I'm unable to to say a lot #respect

very motivated

•••
Congratulations buddy! Thanks a lot for sharing great info with us! :)

•••
i never used lean domain search until i saw this thread.. hand reg'd a domain sold for 500 in less than a week. so thanks @UmerK

•••
i never used lean domain search until i saw this thread.. hand reg'd a domain sold for 500 in less than a week. so thanks @UmerK
aWhat's lean domain search?

•••
•••
he wrote it in step 1. a website that will show available domains
Yeah..Thanks.I get this now.
Regarding your domain sale, you did out bound marketing?

•••
•••
@RGkiiing, @UmerK..how long after you sent the sakes letter to end.users did you start getting replies?
I have sent these letters to some potential interested parties...Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any replu

•••
That's great! Quite happy for you and would love to hear some details from your side ;)
@RGkiiing, @UmerK..how long after you sent the sakes letter to end.users did you start getting replies?
I have sent these letters to some potential interested parties...Some of them have read the email 2-10 times but I haven't gotten any replu
It happens to the best of us, patience is key. I have had emails with views over 10 and no replies, Give it a week or two from the time you sent email and do a simple follow up to see what they're up to.

•••
That's great! Quite happy for you and would love to hear some details from your side ;)

It happens to the best of us, patience is key. I have had emails with views over 10 and no replies, Give it a week or two from the time you sent email and do a simple follow up to see what they're up to.
Thanks bro for the prompt reply.

•••
•••
good job sir. took me awhile to read all thread because lots of "spam" comments waste my times.

•••
Hi, guys. It's not long since i entered this domaining world but luckily for me my first sale came quickly and at good price. I have learned a lot from this forum and people around here so wanted to give it back to people around here somehow. So here's the method i followed from registration to the sale and the process i carried out, A big thank you to @Tank and @Gray Wolf for guiding me around when needed, wouldn't have been possible without these two gents.
For all newbies like myself reading first things first, Don't register junk of domains, know what you have to lose and limit yourself to at best 5 domains. This will push you to sell one of those and then move on with the business otherwise you'd keep using that card.
Step 1- I use quite a few tools and a bit of my brain to end up with names i register but my top pick for the name ideas are LeanDomainSearch.com and Namestation.com If you are struggling with ideas give them a try.
Step 2 (this is must) - Before even registering the domain go over several things, look for stats, traffic and most important end users unless you want to wait for years for right buyer to come knocking. What i mean by this is before you register a name map the idea in your head, know who are your 5 best potential users, find every little detail about them that can help. I would be comfortable moving ahead with the registration of domain with at least 5 good potential end users and few more secondary ones.
Step 3- Register the domain and let the hard work begin. I suggest creating a spreadsheet with few columns such as company, website, owner/ceo and email.
Step 4- Finding the right person and email, this could be easiest or hardest part of the process depending on your luck and hard work. I use a tool to do the hard work for me, it does not work that good with small websites but for medium-big range specially ones with board of directors pages it works wonder, the tool is Hunter you can get it for hunter.io for free. Now have heard people about this not accepting gmail well here's another trick get yourself a temporary email to register for Hunter extension you can get from here mytemp.email i have had no issues so far (Use carefully though). Once you get Hunter you can get email in two methods, either find the right person you want to target on linkedin or go to website. On linkedin, hunter would show an option if it doesn't click on hunter icon on extensions at top right and it should come up with email if any and for website do the same.
Step 5- Track your emails- this is a must, this is probably only thing through which you would know if someone is interested at all or not. There are several tools streak, contactmonkey, boomerang few to mention.
Lastly, this is what you should include in email or here is what worked for me.
Your subject outline should be your domain name (ALWAYS) the reason for this is, if they are interested they would open no point in coming with long subjects which are shady, having your domain in there is to the point and end user even before opening knows what it is about.
Keep it simple- Can not stress much on this, keep it as short as you can something like "I'm owner of this domain, i am contacting all potential interested parties, If you are at all interested, let me know" That's all. After that include your full details, Name, address, phone number and a message at the end which goes like something "I'm emailing you only because i think you would be interested, if you aren't and wish to receive no further communications let me know"
Feel free to inbox or reply here if you have any specific question about sale or the method, i would be more than happy to answer your queries, cheers!
After using mytemp.... to create an email ad to register at hunter.io it only worked for some time then i was logged out, tried to sign in but got a warning that my account has been blocked due suspicion etc. I also tried generating another email from mytemp... but was given an error message because they noticed i'm using using a 'disposable' email. Pls, do you have any solution because i couldn't use the extension anymore?

•••
I have bought a couple domains from people who emailed me out of the blue because I had similar domains. But most emails like this have bad domains. Still, getting the odd email if it gets a gem now and then is ok for me.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congratulations @UmerK, Great fast sale, I wish do the same soon, I'm starting domaining & would like to do my first sale., Thanks for sharing information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back