Dynadot

tips MobileInsuranceAgency sold for $1k within a week - My first sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UmerK

Established Member
Impact
Hi, guys. It's not long since i entered this domaining world but luckily for me my first sale came quickly and at good price. I have learned a lot from this forum and people around here so wanted to give it back to people around here somehow. So here's the method i followed from registration to the sale and the process i carried out, A big thank you to @Tank and @Gray Wolf for guiding me around when needed, wouldn't have been possible without these two gents.
For all newbies like myself reading first things first, Don't register junk of domains, know what you have to lose and limit yourself to at best 5 domains. This will push you to sell one of those and then move on with the business otherwise you'd keep using that card.
Step 1- I use quite a few tools and a bit of my brain to end up with names i register but my top pick for the name ideas are LeanDomainSearch.com and Namestation.com If you are struggling with ideas give them a try.
Step 2 (this is must) - Before even registering the domain go over several things, look for stats, traffic and most important end users unless you want to wait for years for right buyer to come knocking. What i mean by this is before you register a name map the idea in your head, know who are your 5 best potential users, find every little detail about them that can help. I would be comfortable moving ahead with the registration of domain with at least 5 good potential end users and few more secondary ones.
Step 3- Register the domain and let the hard work begin. I suggest creating a spreadsheet with few columns such as company, website, owner/ceo and email.
Step 4- Finding the right person and email, this could be easiest or hardest part of the process depending on your luck and hard work. I use a tool to do the hard work for me, it does not work that good with small websites but for medium-big range specially ones with board of directors pages it works wonder, the tool is Hunter you can get it for hunter.io for free. Now have heard people about this not accepting gmail well here's another trick get yourself a temporary email to register for Hunter extension you can get from here mytemp.email i have had no issues so far (Use carefully though). Once you get Hunter you can get email in two methods, either find the right person you want to target on linkedin or go to website. On linkedin, hunter would show an option if it doesn't click on hunter icon on extensions at top right and it should come up with email if any and for website do the same.
Step 5- Track your emails- this is a must, this is probably only thing through which you would know if someone is interested at all or not. There are several tools streak, contactmonkey, boomerang few to mention.
Lastly, this is what you should include in email or here is what worked for me.
Your subject outline should be your domain name (ALWAYS) the reason for this is, if they are interested they would open no point in coming with long subjects which are shady, having your domain in there is to the point and end user even before opening knows what it is about.
Keep it simple- Can not stress much on this, keep it as short as you can something like "I'm owner of this domain, i am contacting all potential interested parties, If you are at all interested, let me know" That's all. After that include your full details, Name, address, phone number and a message at the end which goes like something "I'm emailing you only because i think you would be interested, if you aren't and wish to receive no further communications let me know"
Feel free to inbox or reply here if you have any specific question about sale or the method, i would be more than happy to answer your queries, cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So threats of harm and humiliation along with an attached photo of my mugged face with a Louisville slugger bat with a subject line that reads.... "You're buying this name or my steel toe boot will be sent first class directly from hell up your gashole to do Armageddon damage!!!" isn't appropriate? Congrats anyways..(y)

•••
•••
That's a lesson in spamming.
If you really did get $1k for such an average name, you were very lucky.

You are right in terms of spamming since the definition is Unsolicited commercial email and this fits right into that category. Only difference this is done with extreme targeting and in a very low volume so I think technically he could get away with it, and this time both parties found it beneficial.

As for the domain name, yeah maybe it is a bit long, 3 words but it was a good fit for the buyer, so it isn't that bad.

•••
Congratulations on great sale and a great effort. I can not believe that the thread was ruined by all the crazy talk about SPAM. Give your two cents and move on. This was an unsolicited email, but it can hardly be classified as abuse. It is researched per contact, limited to very few, personalized and directly related to their business. Don't get discouraged by the SPAM talk what you're doing is great many domainers do it, but don't go crazy with it. Keep it extremely targeted. Congrats again first of many I hope.

•••
Congratulations on great sale and a great effort. I can not believe that the thread was ruined by all the crazy talk about SPAM. Give your two cents and move on. This was an unsolicited email, but it can hardly be classified as abuse. It is resea
Congratulations on great sale and a great effort. I can not believe that the thread was ruined by all the crazy talk about SPAM. Give your two cents and move on. This was an unsolicited email, but it can hardly be classified as abuse. It is researched per contact, limited to very few, personalized and directly related to their business. Don't get discouraged by the SPAM talk what you're doing is great many domainers do it, but don't go crazy with it. Keep it extremely targeted. Congrats again first of many I hope.

rched per contact, limited to very few, personalized and directly related to their business. Don't get discouraged by the SPAM talk what you're doing is great many domainers do it, but don't go crazy with it. Keep it extremely targeted. Congrats again first of many I hope.
I concur

•••
Congrats and well done. Keep going mate :)

•••
@UmerK .. Mabrook Bro... Rinse n Repeat... Forget the chatter noise... N focus on the next step.. 1 step... At a time...

•••
http://web.archive.org/web/20140517210334/http://mobileinsuranceagency.com/

Congrats. I'd say you're ahead of the curve.

(All other discussions notwithstanding.)
Thanks mate
Thank you for the advice mate, the thing is the time i stepped into this industry its highly saturated and you hardly get names for which you can just wait and sit back so you have to take the initiative and i somewhat enjoy doing that. Lastly, emails are not just random ones i only email them if i think they can use the domain or would like to have it for some reason, cheers.
Congrats and well done. Keep going mate :)
Thank you mate, trying that ;)
@UmerK .. Mabrook Bro... Rinse n Repeat... Forget the chatter noise... N focus on the next step.. 1 step... At a time...
Thanks, yes doing that all over again it takes a bit time but it is well worth it :)

•••
Mabrook. Congrats your first sale. Thanks for sharing with us your thoughts.

I have few questions to ask if possible.

Do you ever listing your domain through auctions and you E-mailed end users asking them for bidding, or you're only taking offers from them?

Do you park your domain name or not?

Thanks

•••
Mabrook. Congrats your first sale. Thanks for sharing with us your thoughts.

I have few questions to ask if possible.

Do you ever listing your domain through auctions and you E-mailed end users asking them for bidding, or you're only taking offers from them?

Do you park your domain name or not?

Thanks
Thank you, that particular domain was not listed and i just told them i am taking offers. All of my domains now are parked.

•••
Sorrry I missed this the other day. Congratulations! Great sale!!!!!

•••
I have.. Owners Insurance/info; insurance is big business, and with voice seach technology all the rage, people will search the internet using phrases such as, but not limited to..mobile insure agent/com. Congratulation on your sale.

•••
Congrats, Now you're hooked! :)

•••
Good process of domaining. Hope more business coming soon!

•••
awesome mate……con8ts...

firstly, were you holding it the domain name for long or just registered and were able to sell it off with in month or two?

Secondly, I suppose you sold it to the end user directly? right?

Thirdly, was it pushed for free within same register or to buyers register? if so who paid the transfer fee?

This will give us some idea as to how to go about it…..

thanks.

•••
Many congrats UmerK.

Thats a great start and anyone will be proud of such a start.

Also, thanks for sharing details.

Wish many more come your way.

Happy domaining!

•••
Hi..UmerK....how were you able to do your pre purchase appraisal?

•••
Now have heard people about this not accepting gmail well here's another trick get yourself a temporary email to register for Hunter extension you can get from here mytemp.email i have had no issues so far (Use carefully though).

That email site doesnt work for me

This site can’t provide a secure connection
mytemp.email uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

•••

I was able to get the temporary email but it was not accepted by hunter.io

•••

On hunter, it shows don't use disposable emails

•••
•••
Sorrry I missed this the other day. Congratulations! Great sale!!!!!
Thank you, no worries ;)
I have.. Owners Insurance/info; insurance is big business, and with voice seach technology all the rage, people will search the internet using phrases such as, but not limited to..mobile insure agent/com. Congratulation on your sale.
Thank you and good luck with that
Congrats, Now you're hooked! :)
Thanks, like i was't already ;)
Good process of domaining. Hope more business coming soon!
Thank you for the good wishes, i hope the same ;)
awesome mate……con8ts...

firstly, were you holding it the domain name for long or just registered and were able to sell it off with in month or two?

Secondly, I suppose you sold it to the end user directly? right?

Thirdly, was it pushed for free within same register or to buyers register? if so who paid the transfer fee?

This will give us some idea as to how to go about it…..

thanks.
Thanks mate, I sold it within grace period that is like 4 days or something, Yes i sold it directly to end user and it was pushed i got buyer registered at that registrar. Domains that are hand regd cant be transferred for 60 days.
Many congrats UmerK.

Thats a great start and anyone will be proud of such a start.

Also, thanks for sharing details.

Wish many more come your way.

Happy domaining!
Thank you very much for the good wishes :)
Hi..UmerK....how were you able to do your pre purchase appraisal?
I just appraised it by telling myself "Hey its a good name and some companies are in that field" that was it.

•••

On hunter, it shows don't use disposable emails
That was the reply I got

To start with i just checked right now in my browser and its working fine with me https://mytemp.email/
Secondly, yes at times it will say don't use disposable emails just create new email and give it a try through that website, however if does not come through after 4 5 tries, give another disposable email a try that should work, cheers.

•••
Thank you, no worries ;)

Thanks mate, I sold it within grace period that is like 4 days or something, Yes i sold it directly to end user and it was pushed i got buyer registered at that registrar. Domains that are hand regd cant be transferred for 60 days.

I just appraised it by telling myself "Hey its a good name and some companies are in that field" that was it.
Thank you, no worries ;)

Thank you, no worries ;)

What about the stats that you earlier mentioned?

•••
What about the stats that you earlier mentioned?
Which ones? I did look into potential end users before registering it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back