Dynadot

tips MobileInsuranceAgency sold for $1k within a week - My first sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UmerK

Established Member
Impact
Hi, guys. It's not long since i entered this domaining world but luckily for me my first sale came quickly and at good price. I have learned a lot from this forum and people around here so wanted to give it back to people around here somehow. So here's the method i followed from registration to the sale and the process i carried out, A big thank you to @Tank and @Gray Wolf for guiding me around when needed, wouldn't have been possible without these two gents.
For all newbies like myself reading first things first, Don't register junk of domains, know what you have to lose and limit yourself to at best 5 domains. This will push you to sell one of those and then move on with the business otherwise you'd keep using that card.
Step 1- I use quite a few tools and a bit of my brain to end up with names i register but my top pick for the name ideas are LeanDomainSearch.com and Namestation.com If you are struggling with ideas give them a try.
Step 2 (this is must) - Before even registering the domain go over several things, look for stats, traffic and most important end users unless you want to wait for years for right buyer to come knocking. What i mean by this is before you register a name map the idea in your head, know who are your 5 best potential users, find every little detail about them that can help. I would be comfortable moving ahead with the registration of domain with at least 5 good potential end users and few more secondary ones.
Step 3- Register the domain and let the hard work begin. I suggest creating a spreadsheet with few columns such as company, website, owner/ceo and email.
Step 4- Finding the right person and email, this could be easiest or hardest part of the process depending on your luck and hard work. I use a tool to do the hard work for me, it does not work that good with small websites but for medium-big range specially ones with board of directors pages it works wonder, the tool is Hunter you can get it for hunter.io for free. Now have heard people about this not accepting gmail well here's another trick get yourself a temporary email to register for Hunter extension you can get from here mytemp.email i have had no issues so far (Use carefully though). Once you get Hunter you can get email in two methods, either find the right person you want to target on linkedin or go to website. On linkedin, hunter would show an option if it doesn't click on hunter icon on extensions at top right and it should come up with email if any and for website do the same.
Step 5- Track your emails- this is a must, this is probably only thing through which you would know if someone is interested at all or not. There are several tools streak, contactmonkey, boomerang few to mention.
Lastly, this is what you should include in email or here is what worked for me.
Your subject outline should be your domain name (ALWAYS) the reason for this is, if they are interested they would open no point in coming with long subjects which are shady, having your domain in there is to the point and end user even before opening knows what it is about.
Keep it simple- Can not stress much on this, keep it as short as you can something like "I'm owner of this domain, i am contacting all potential interested parties, If you are at all interested, let me know" That's all. After that include your full details, Name, address, phone number and a message at the end which goes like something "I'm emailing you only because i think you would be interested, if you aren't and wish to receive no further communications let me know"
Feel free to inbox or reply here if you have any specific question about sale or the method, i would be more than happy to answer your queries, cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unsolicited bulk email offering stuff is spam, unless you signed up to it.

Unsolicited individual email to a publicly available email address offering stufff is... depends on your point of view I guess, can be an opportunity. Seems legit to contact a company about a product they may want.

I get emails telling me "hotdomain.xyz" will be available soon because I own a similar domain. I don't reply, just wait till the domain drops and take it for reg fee.

And congrats on the sale and the techniques.
Thank you, that is the point i am making. Sending same email over and over is spam, I even change my emails here and there to make them more specific and to the point for the buyer i am emailing.

•••
Spam.

If the recipient doesn't welcome the email, they don't care if it's a bulk email or an individual email.
-
The point of my post is that for individual email that is debatable. And maybe this thread is getting hijacked by an off-topic and repetitive spam discussion.

You are entitled to your opinion, in fact I think Godaddy see it the same way to the extent of taking heavy action against a domain used that way. But if we take that definition of spam - any unwanted email - no one can contact anyone.

Here is how the actual blacklisters define it:

https://www.spamhaus.org/consumer/definition/

The Definition of Spam

The word "Spam" as applied to Email means "Unsolicited Bulk Email".

Unsolicited means that the Recipient has not granted verifiable permission for the message to be sent. Bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content.

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk.

• Unsolicited Email is normal email
    (examples: first contact enquiries, job enquiries, sales enquiries)

•••
•••
Someone in this thread must be have a dreadful experience from "spam" :xf.grin:

•••
Congrats on your sale. Best of success to you moving forward.

•••
•••
The point of my post is that for individual email that is debatable.

Using an email harvester to mail prospects, isn't an individual email.

And maybe this thread is getting hijacked by an off-topic and repetitive spam discussion.

Possibly, though the method of finding the prospect was a big part of the post. I say using an email harvester to contact prospects is spam. We can agree to differ.

•••
Using an email harvester to mail prospects, isn't an individual email.

Possibly, though the method of finding the prospect was a big part of the post. I say using an email harvester to contact prospects is spam. We can agree to differ.
Not contact to get the contact, now that's different. I am not using bulk mailer to send bulk emails, i have to set each email individually and it is individual email. You make sound harvester like a magician, it takes hours to find one valid and potential good lead so yeah its a process. Call it whatever you want, that wont change the facts that it is no spam by law.

•••
Not contact to get the contact, now that's different. I am not using bulk mailer to send bulk emails, i have to set each email individually and it is individual email. You make sound harvester like a magician, it takes hours to find one valid and potential good lead so yeah its a process. Call it whatever you want, that wont change the facts that it is no spam by law.
Good luck with it.

•••
•••
Congrats and good luck! Don't stop, search, invest, sell, repeat :)

•••
Congrats @UmerK , awesome first sale!

Now keep the momentum, re-invest rinse and repeat! :)

•••
Nicely done! Now you defo caught the domaining bug.

•••
Nice JOB!

Good Post!

Congrats!

•••
•••
Congrats on your sale, I use some of the same techniques as you and I am getting very good results. I also use the email hunter and I find it very helpful finding emails. I will do many searches every month because I am trying to sale as many domains as fast as I can. I much rather send emails instead of filling out that web form and hunter saves me my much valued time.
Everyone has their own opinions if its spam or not. I look at as helping people grow their business. I customize every email I send out and I have very good click through rates, so the end buyers are interested in my emails. I just put the domain name in the title as well. Just rinse and repeat!

•••
OMG thank you for this.
It's like all the things I was struggling with all wrapped in together answered just like that
Congrats For Sell also.

•••
Congrats and good luck! Don't stop, search, invest, sell, repeat :)
Thank you, will need a lot of it. Not stopping at all, having a hard time in deciding what to invest in though :)
Congrats @UmerK , awesome first sale!

Now keep the momentum, re-invest rinse and repeat! :)
Thank you, already trying that ;)
Nicely done! Now you defo caught the domaining bug.
Thanks, haha like i did not have had that already?
Nice JOB!

Good Post!

Congrats!
Thank you, Glad you like it :)
Good Sale! Congrats !!
Thank you.
Congrats on your sale, I use some of the same techniques as you and I am getting very good results. I also use the email hunter and I find it very helpful finding emails. I will do many searches every month because I am trying to sale as many domains as fast as I can. I much rather send emails instead of filling out that web form and hunter saves me my much valued time.
Everyone has their own opinions if its spam or not. I look at as helping people grow their business. I customize every email I send out and I have very good click through rates, so the end buyers are interested in my emails. I just put the domain name in the title as well. Just rinse and repeat!
Thank you and glad that the same method has been working out for you as well, putting domain in title does it all. If they're interested they will check otherwise straight into the bin, cheers and best of luck!
OMG thank you for this.
It's like all the things I was struggling with all wrapped in together answered just like that
Congrats For Sell also.
Thank you and you're more than welcome, Hopefully you'll close many sales with this, cheers and best of luck!

•••
Congrats UmerK.
Nice to see the sale and its details.

•••
I think it's a reasonable descriptive name, although I'm not sure what a mobile insurance agency is. :)

Anyway congrats on the sale, and for finding the right buyer for the name.

•••
post you domain to sale on fb page

fb /dnfsale/

•••
Congrats UmerK.
Nice to see the sale and its details.
Thank you, glad you liked it.
I think it's a reasonable descriptive name, although I'm not sure what a mobile insurance agency is. :)

Anyway congrats on the sale, and for finding the right buyer for the name.
Thank you, mobile has two angles to it, Mobile as in phones and other one is related with houses that move or something mobile is taken from mobility and the buyer deals in later type.

•••
•••
Thank you, glad you liked it.

Thank you, mobile has two angles to it, Mobile as in phones and other one is related with houses that move or something mobile is taken from mobility and the buyer deals in later type.

I googled it after posting - I should have done it first. :)

I tend to think of mobile phones as throw away items. If you lose it, you just buy another one, but then I guess that's because I'm too mean to pay much for one.

Homes that move in england are called caravans - what is referred to as trailers in the US. Mobile homes are prefabricated houses that are set on a permanent base, and it seems they are only moved when the council objects to the planning consent. I guess that's a quirk of England. :)

Anyway, it looks as if that's a good niche in the insurance market that you found. Well spotted.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back