.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

NameSilo
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have four names I"m bidding on. I don't know how many others pre-reg'd them and are also bidding on them. There are 5 -7 days of bidding left on each of the four names. Right now, the bids are between the lowest allowed ($78) and $210 for a fairly good domain. I'm sure at least two will be pretty spendy and most likely come down to last-second bids. Should be fun.

•••
slugraduate said:
I would just buy it through another registrar and get a refund from StarGate for your prereg when they find it is already regged.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did not want to (potentially) create competition myself but I went ahead with Moniker and they were secured within 2 sec (ispace.mobi & nannycam.mobi)

At this rate, I am going to have many, many registrars!

Kev

•••
I'm lost with Pool never having dealt with them before. I pre-ordered one .mobi domain.

They got it and I got an email today saying the 'We are happy to inform you that we have successfully secured .MOBI domains that you ordered during the .MOBI landrush. You have been added to an auction to bid on these domains as other Pool.com customers have also ordered the same .MOBI domains.'

I logged in to the auctions section to see that I am 'green' and winning, the number of bidders ( closed auction ?) is "1" at the pre-reg price of $78. The auction ends in 7 days.

Anyway, am scratching my head a bit. Any explanation welcome. :td: Does it tell you in a Pool auction how many are elegible to bid ( No of Bidders bit )given that the email said that others had pre-ordered the same name ? Arre there others waiting to pounce in the last 10 mins of the auction... hmmmm

•••
Featured listing on ppool

963.mobi $150,000
654.mobi $150,000

•••
zehrila said:

963.mobi $150,000
654.mobi $150,000

I believe we could see them still there after 3 years @ this price! :)

•••
I'm lost with Pool never having dealt with them before.
Others also pre-reg'd your domain choice. Rather than give it to who requested it first, you are now bidding against the one or more people who pre-reg'd that domain. If the $78 is green, it's what you originally agreed to pay for the domain, and no one else is bidding...yet. there may only be one other who won't bid at all...or 10 others who may frenzy bid at the auction close. No way to tell that I know of.

If anyone else bids, click on the # of bids, and you can see who it is...the screen name anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I have the 3 I want:

JMJ.mobi
Loveland.mobi
SkiPro.mobi

•••
Nothing to see here. :)

Last edited:
•••
Nothing to see here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
zehrila said:

963.mobi $150,000
654.mobi $150,000

And seeing as there are only some 900 or so NNN available out of a possible 1000 NNN combo's , these puppies could very well hold their value @ six figures. Depending on 2 variables.

1. Does it spell anything out on the keypad (i.e. sex = 739, shop = 7467) i'm not sure if 963 & 654 names spell anything out

2. Will mobile users be able to have the option to toggle between either words or numbers to input into the address bar, IMO it would be faster if I could type in 739.mobi 3 key pad taps vs. 4 taps to get to S, 2 taps to get to E, and 2 taps to get to X, thats 8 taps to get to the same place i can get to in 3 if i had the option to enter just numbers. To me it would go along with the lazy, or convinence factor that us humans have fallen so deeply in love with. and then again it could be because i own 477.mobi (gps & irs) and the numeric equivlent of business ( 28746377.mobi ) that im hoping ppl will be to lazy to type in all those keypad taps to get where there going, if this all makes sense .
Just my 2 cents .

•••
owntype, I edited my post (and your quote) since you wanted those names, and are hoping they don't get registered until landrush is over. I was just posting them for anybody that might want them, but I will keep your secret. Good luck. :gl:

•••
I was have trouble changing my dns yesterday and today with .mobi

So I emailed Moniker (where I regg'ed)

and got this

Quoting Moniker Support <[email protected]>:> Hello,

Please be advised, due to the ICANN Regulations pertaining to the new
.mobi domain names, there is a 60 day rule with respect to changing the
DNS.

The DNS cannot be updated until January 01, 2007.

Moniker.com Support Center
Moniker.com
More Than A Name!
Phone:800-350-6923
Fax: (954) 969-9155
mailto:[email protected]

Anybody else heard about this?

and how can any sales happen if that is the case?

•••
cursal said:
I was have trouble changing my dns yesterday and today with .mobi

So I emailed Moniker (where I regg'ed)

and got this

Anybody else heard about this?

and how can any sales happen if that is the case?

Never heard about it, I regged some .mobi yesterday at godaddy.com and have changed the DNS to sedo, now they're all working!!

Last edited:
•••
Ya, this is the same problem I have been experiencing..

They must be wrong on this.

There is no way your domain can be rendered unusable for 3 months

•••
60 days is counting from today not going to be January 01, 2007 :-/

•••
I did the math too???

Several emails and at Moniker subforum over at "the other" forum

Now waiting for a reasonable explaination for this..........
Link to new ICANN Regulations? Anyone?

Thanks for feedback

Also their funding System was down today when I was trying to ad from CC
So I called and they said, Problem with Merchant...working on it.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
-db- said:
owntype, I edited my post (and your quote) since you wanted those names, and are hoping they don't get registered until landrush is over. I was just posting them for anybody that might want them, but I will keep your secret. Good luck. :gl:

Thx -db- :hi: I mean alot.

Hope they could still be there if I am lucky :yell:

•••
Several of us have mentioned that Dotster grabbed names that we were first in their queue on, yet we didn't get them. This happened on 7 names for me. Whois was finally updated on those names, and they ALL went to Revenue Direct. Can anyone else confirm who Dotster gave names away to, for which they were first in the queue? I had other names that I tried to pre-reg, but Dotster told me those names were already pre-regged, so this seems very suspect.

I don't think there is much we can do, but it's at least good to know who you can trust, and who you can't.

•••
I guess it's safe to say these are mine now...

IHD.mobi
EBT.mobi

I've got two great one-worders I want but my CC keeps saying declined!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!! :yell:

•••
briman1970 said:
I've got two great one-worders I want but my CC keeps saying declined!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!! :yell:

HINT:

Use a PayPal account you have on file at say, GD... backed with a bank account... backed with your CC.

The payment WILL go through, even if it takes PayPal a few days to exhaust all the backup options, you WILL have your domain and the time you need to move funds around.

:)

GoPC

•••
That didn't work for me not so long go. You still need to have funds on your CC.
At least that was my experience though.
It seems everything revolves around the CC and ones bank account is secondary.

Making PayPal obsolete. Maybe for U.S. citizens this is different though.

•••
chupacabra said:
Several of us have mentioned that Dotster grabbed names that we were first in their queue on, yet we didn't get them. This happened on 7 names for me. Whois was finally updated on those names, and they ALL went to Revenue Direct. Can anyone else confirm who Dotster gave names away to, for which they were first in the queue? I had other names that I tried to pre-reg, but Dotster told me those names were already pre-regged, so this seems very suspect.

I don't think there is much we can do, but it's at least good to know who you can trust, and who you can't.

same with 3 of mine ... very suspect indeed, many showed as not available but on the ones that did thought i was set ... reged through dotster and now 2 days later show as revenue direct but still no end registrant?

•••
Despite calling Pool.com yesterday and being assured the domain I got is mine alone and would be paid for using my cc on file, today the domain is still "awaiting payment," and I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

By the way, the other four names I "won" in pre-reg, but went into auction with others who also pre-reg'd them, have a couple of bidders whose names are something like pool_4343 and pool_2402. Gosh, you don't think Pool, or someone from Pool, would be bidding on these pre-reg'd premium domains, do you? Nah...must just me being nerous about the one name that's supposed to be mine, but isn't yet.

Edit: Just called Pool.com again. Rep said they had some technical issues yesterday and would be getting the pending mobi domains paid for today. He assured me there was no way I would lose the domain in the meantime.

Last edited:
•••
namewaiter said:
same with 3 of mine ... very suspect indeed, many showed as not available but on the ones that did thought i was set ... reged through dotster and now 2 days later show as revenue direct but still no end registrant?

It get's better. I sent a support ticket to complain, now all of a sudden those domains have privacy.

Here is my list of Dotster stolen domains:
SPORTSCORES.MOBI
THEFT.MOBI (lol)
CONVERSIONS.MOBI
CAMPGROUND.MOBI
INSURANCEQUOTE.MOBI
TRACKER.MOBI
BOOKREVIEW.MOBI

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back