.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This whois database has been live for a few weeks already. I've been checking it daily since mid-august

•••
I waited until EuroDNS dropped the additional 14 euro charge before registering mine (99% confident nobody else will be trying the register it), but this late registered one still show as "available"...

•••
the only mobi i preregistered is showing up as available. It doesn't show pending or anything. Does anyone here have any that show up as pending with your account info on it?

•••
MinionDH said:
This whois database has been live for a few weeks already. I've been checking it daily since mid-august
Cool. I remember checking it a while back, and it wasn't working, but that must have been longer ago than I thought. I could have saved myself some money if I had seen that whois report before now. I'm still very disappointed that one of mine ended up being "Registry Reserved" despite not being on the reserved list they released. :(

•••
So .mobi registrations are live as of now and freely available to register?
Also where can you reg .mobi only for one year? Or is there a two year minumum?

Where are the cheapest .mobi prices by the way?

•••
Damion said:
So .mobi registrations are live as of now and freely available to register?
Also where can you reg .mobi only for one year? Or is there a two year minumum?

Where are the cheapest .mobi prices by the way?

Someone mentioned that it was $40 bucks for 2 year reg.

BTW, what good is this tool if we can only "pre-register" now? What am missing?

•••
sf2010 said:
BTW, what good is this tool if we can only "pre-register" now? What am missing?

At this moment (as you can see from my discovery in the first post) it's mostly useful for people who have previously submitted applications, to see if those names might already be awarded to a TM holder, or have been added to the "reserved list" that seems to be ever-growing.

It's not going to help you look for names to register.

However, the public landrush starts in a matter of hours, and then it will be helpful again, to confirm early successful grabs.

•••
Thanks -db- :)

It's been down since Friday and was showing all names available.

•••
-db- said:
At this moment (as you can see from my discovery in the first post) it's mostly useful for people who have previously submitted applications, to see if those names might already be awarded to a TM holder, or have been added to the "reserved list" that seems to be ever-growing.

It's not going to help you look for names to register.

However, the public landrush starts in a matter of hours, and then it will be helpful again, to confirm early successful grabs.

Thanks DB for the comments.

Yeah, it almost feels like mobi folks are scamming *cough* i mean scanning the pre-reg lists and adding names from this list to their "reserved" list.

I guess we will find out soon or later. Let's go play some :bingo: !

•••
I'm afraid to check whois for mine - Wang Lee may pull some strings and swipe it! :ghost:

•••
Someone told me that the "landrush" will begin on September 26 at 10AM EST (US)?

Can anyone confirm this? If true, I can sleep in!

•••
sf2010 said:
Someone told me that the "landrush" will begin on September 26 at 10AM EST (US)?

Can anyone confirm this? If true, I can sleep in!

I confirm, have a good dream!

•••
.mobi has been getting major publicity on the BBC today. Well, BBC World at least (I am in Helsinki working, and it's the only English channel! It's one of their rotating news stories, I've heard it about 10 times already.

Goes on about how it's useful for users to know for sure that a site is setup for mobile content, and how it's backed by Microsoft, Vodafone etc.

Wish I'd got in on it now ...

•••
chimaera said:
.mobi has been getting major publicity on the BBC today. Well, BBC World at least (I am in Helsinki working, and it's the only English channel! It's one of their rotating news stories, I've heard it about 10 times already.

Goes on about how it's useful for users to know for sure that a site is setup for mobile content, and how it's backed by Microsoft, Vodafone etc.

Wish I'd got in on it now ...

I think you still have time to pick up some good ones (at least according to the whois tool).

I woke up this morning all psyched up and pre-regged 30 mobis. Time will tell if I will make money on them (or not)..

Good luck everyone!

Kevin

•••
It seems there is no way to register in real-time, and everything is submitted to the mTLD registry at intervals thru the day, so I'm not sure when we will start seeing our first successes. I don't suppose anybody has any confirmations yet?

-db- said:
2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.
Update to this - I woke up this morning to find the refund balance already on my account, so at least EuroDNS was quick about that, so I give them credit..

•••
-db- said:
It seems there is no way to register in real-time, and everything is submitted to the mTLD registry at intervals thru the day, so I'm not sure when we will start seeing our first successes. I don't suppose anybody has any confirmations yet?

May i ask how you know you can't register in real time -db-?

•••
Damion, the reason I say that is because I've tried at 3 major registrars this morning. It doesn't appear you can go anywhere and just grab a .mobi domain that shows 'available' with instant results. I could be wrong though....

If there is, please share. :)

•••
All my pre-regs are in the "waiting for approval" status

Just for the record, I am using 1and1 so the process went like this:

1. Typed-in the desired mobi domain name

2. 1and1 told me that:
(a) it's not available - meaning it's on the reserved list
(b) already registered - meaning another 1and1 user pre-regged it
(c) available

Up until few hours ago, 1and1 had four status indicators, but now it only has the "waiting for approval" status.

I feel like a kid in a candy store, hoping for some goodies!

PS.

I guess the interesting question is how dotmobi will resolve multiple registration requests from multiple registrar at different times.

If it is truly first come - first served, I hope our registrars are in the front of the pack!

•••
-db- said:
Damion, the reason I say that is because I've tried at 3 major registrars this morning. It doesn't appear you can go anywhere and just grab a .mobi domain that shows 'available' with instant results. I could be wrong though....

If there is, please share. :)

There are 3 minutes left till all `hell` breaks loose so then you might be able to reg in real time.

Landrush begins at UTC 2.00 PM

I see what you mean -db- The registration panels doesn´t allow real time registrations yet.
Perhaps not yet untill the 10th of October when the Landrush is ending.

Last edited:
•••
damn!!!

my pre-registration in godaddy .... learning.mobi is registered by a chinese..........

godaddy is still doing noting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
The first successful registration I've found (non TM or Sunrise) went to GoDaddy/BlueRazor.

TVs.mobi - Created On:26-Sep-2006

How did I find it? That was my last remaining pre-order hope, and I was just checking the whois, and within the past few minutes it updated, showing somebody else got it. :'(

•••
My Best Godaddy pre-reg went to "expires on 9-26-2008 pending modification public"
Does that mean I got it?

Update:9:25
It's still available in the whois but godaddy control panel now has an expiration date.

Update:9:30 central time
Looks like I got it.... GetMail.mobi :)
It now shows up in the .mobi whois

Last edited:
•••
I wanna cry....
the other pre-reg of mine... slot.mobi is taken by pool :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back