.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Altough i have managed to register 2 .mobi's, the whole thing stinks.

1. How can a company in Ireland register generic names like news.mobi during the Trademark period

2. How can the large registrars hold these names to ransom? I know its all about money but this is wrong.

3. How can a name be 'registry reserved'

Am i missing the point of a free for all, first come first served landrush period? I really hope that something goes severely wrong for some of these companies.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ill Ask them

I'm in Dublin next week maybe i stop in and ask them :)

The 2 i did manage to reg were

mail2.mobi
tones4.mobi

These were way down on my list of pre-orders though :'(

All makes sense now see

http://www.computing.co.uk/itweek/news/2162402/ready-register-premium-mobile

Funny how the guy from Fasthosts condoned cyber squatting without them they would have little or no revenue. Its all about big companies being able to make more money whilst removing the opportunities for the small guys.

•••
I learned my lesson well today, and for all that don´t already have taken this step keep this in mind,

ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP CREDITCARD AT HAND!​

About 12 hours ago i checked the WHOIS and noticed BankAccount.mobi was available as well as the plural version.

I knew i hadn´t sufficient funds added for two .mobi´s since they are so frigging expensive but i had enough funds added to acquire 1.
For some stinking reason the funds where not yet cleared on my CC and my CC was declined several times when i tried to reg this domain.

Dutch companies where all closed and there are non that deliver real time service, it´s all human operated so i needed to wait untill this morning and wait till the staff arrives at the office. Then i could order the domain and they would send me an invoice.

Of course hours pass by and i´m too late to reg it.

DAMN!

Lesson learned!

•••
well, i thought id missed the boat on .mobi believing the landrush was next month.

so imagine my surprise and delight this morning to find:

LIVEFOOTBALL.MOBI

available :)

•••
daveg72 said:
How can the large registrars hold these names to ransom? I know its all about money but this is wrong.

Who's to say it's wrong unless someone in full authority has specifically drawn
the line/s? Then again, some of the other registrars didn't do the auctioning
thing, so you've got other choices.

daveg72 said:
3. How can a name be 'registry reserved'

The .mobi registry is within its rights to decide what names will be reserved.
While it'll be nice if they follow the "ideals" behind CNO, they can input their
own policies to suit their interests.

I hate to say this, guys, but when a new extension is coming up, don't expect
their "ideals" to jibe with yours. Be aware of their rules as much as you can,
and manage your expectations accordingly.

Who knows? Maybe what happened lately to .eu will also happen to .mobi, but
don't keep your hopes up.

Oh, and congrats to those who successfully regged what generic .mobi names
you got. :)

•••
I successfully regged corner.mobi on godaddy, live in minutes :)
I've put a nice list of free domains HERE, take a look ;)

•••
Didn't see any replies about how to pay Pool for a mobi name. Can anyone tell me how it's done...do they send an e-mail, or is there a way to check-out?

After reading about how some names disappear, I'd really like to get this one name paid for and see ownership in whois.

•••
Since were talking about people typing on a phone (probably while driving or walking) I thought shorter was definately better, so I regged 3 LLL's that don't require three pushing a button to get to the letter.

I'll probably reg more when the price drops as I've heard.

•••
movingconcierge said:
Since were talking about people typing on a phone (probably while driving or walking) I thought shorter was definately better,

While I agree in general that shorter domains are better, I really don't think in the long run that typing in on tiny keyboards will kill .mobi. Technology will evolve to allow mobile web navigation to become simple, whether via voice recognition, favorites or other means. If someone wants to look up "cheap life insurance quotes" on mobile google, they will need to develop a way for this to be much easier and faster than it is currently. Otherwise the mobile web will fail whether it be .mobi or .com.
:imho:

•••
tee said:
Ok, looks like i got screwed on my two dotster regges. I had confirmed the day before the landrush that I was first in the queue for the names and I have an email from their support stating that I was. I also had called them and they told me that. I had preregged them the moment they went live. I just called them and now they say that someone preregged them in december.

I still have one name at website.in, let see what happens to that.

That stinks. DB and I both lost preregistrations from May (which I thought was as early as you could make a pre-reg). Best of luck on your last pending name!

•••
from Pool on .mobi

If we are successful and you are the only person who placed an order, you will acquire it for our standard fee of US $78, which includes a two-year domain registration. In the event that more than one Pool.com customer orders the same domain prior to the Landrush, an auction will follow with the starting price of US $78. The highest bidder will win the auction and the winning bid will replace our standard acquisition fee.

•••
dotsorg said:
If we are successful and you are the only person who placed an order, you will acquire it for our standard fee of US $78, which includes a two-year domain registration. In the event that more than one Pool.com customer orders the same domain prior to the Landrush, an auction will follow with the starting price of US $78. The highest bidder will win the auction and the winning bid will replace our standard acquisition fee.

As opposed to a simple timestamp? I'm curious, why go this route?

GoPC

•••
GoPC said:
As opposed to a simple timestamp? I'm curious, why go this route?

GoPC

MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY

Why sell first-come first served when the registrar can rape the buyer who wants it the most in an auction?

•••
•••
Was just able to reg ...

ihotels.mobi

I was actually suprised it was still available, considering that the singular .. ihotel.mobi had already been registered ( by the Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. by the whois info )

Anyway, not sure if I will reg any others, but I think this one could have potential, if I take my finger out and actually start development.

Good luck to everyone with their .mobi's.

Alex

•••
If we are successful and you are the only person who placed an order, you will acquire it for our standard fee of US $78, which includes a two-year domain registration.
Thank you, but my question is how do I pay for the domain that is "acquired" and "awaiting payment" now listed in the "successful backorders' area. The other names that apparently had other pre-orders are already in auctions, so I'm assuming the one domain not in auction is mine if I can pay for it. True? If so, what's the payment procedure? No offense, but I get the feeling the longer it's in limbo, the higher the chance something will happen to it. The last thing I want to get is some notice that it's no longer available to me...for whatever reason. Your help is appreciated.

Edit: Called Pool...they are behind on processing payments for mobi domains. The rep said they would be billing the credit card number on file later today. Then the whois and such will change. I confirmed that the one domain in my successfully backordered folder is mine. Will reveal the name (pretty good) after payment goes through and the status changes to showing it's mine. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
•••
movingconcierge said:
Since were talking about people typing on a phone (probably while driving or walking) I thought shorter was definately better, so I regged 3 LLL's that don't require three pushing a button to get to the letter.
I went with this theory, and then it occured to me that - wouldn't the NNNs over take this? That is, ADG is three different keys, but so is 234. So I'd think you still would have to navigate thru the key/button, to get to the right letter. Now.., since the 3 letters of a key come up before the number of that key, maybe it is the NNNs that may be more difficult to access quickly. :|

Any thoughts??

•••
hawkeye said:
Any thoughts??

My cell has a qwerty keyboard on it. So do many others. That means the letters and numbers are independent. For the most part, I think that is the fututre of cell/pda/pocketpc/umpc/gopc devices.

It's more of an issue today that I think it will be now that the .mobi ext is out and the big-boys behind it will start to push the envelope of what they can do with it.

We'll see :)

GoPC

•••
Congrats to those who got their domains, i decided not to jump on the bandwagon and wow i did not :D i am so broke with .eu that i cant spend any more money any ways i guess the best domains in whole lot are

FreeHosting.mobi and
Sucks.mobi

Both are Cool :D

•••
I started crafting an email to potential end-users for webinar (.mobi) - one being "go to webinar .com" who I believe also owns "go to my pc .com" and "go to meeting .com".

GoPC - Do I remember correctly that you approached this company before?

•••
new info at pool website

..."THE .MOBI LANDRUSH IS NOW COMPLETE!
Attention customers: If we have successfully acquired your .MOBI domains you will be notified by email shortly.

As we update our .mobi orders, be sure to check into your Pool.com account to see the status of your domains."

•••
I spoke with the Pool.com people today.

Here's the situation...

Any domain name that was preregistered by more than 1 person will be placed in an auction. The only participants in that auction will be the individuals who preregistred that particular name.

So... assuming NEATO.mobi was registered by 15 different people, then they would be the only bidders in the auction.

It's a brilliant and slightly devious plan.

My only curiousity is whether Pool might open up the bidding to everyone. You'd see a bit of fireworks.

Jeremy

•••
dotsorg said:
..."THE .MOBI LANDRUSH IS NOW COMPLETE!
Attention customers: If we have successfully acquired your .MOBI domains you will be notified by email shortly.

As we update our .mobi orders, be sure to check into your Pool.com account to see the status of your domains."

Does that mean they will not take any more orders? I thought the period was from Sept 26 through Oct 10?

PS. Anyone using StarGate to register .mobi domains? If so, anyone has orders that are "stuck"? (StarGate accepted my order, but .mobi is still showing my requested domain as being available; it's been like this for over 36 hours)

•••
sf2010 said:
Does that mean they will not take any more orders? I thought the period was from Sept 26 through Oct 10?

PS. Anyone using StarGate to register .mobi domains? If so, anyone has orders that are "stuck"? (StarGate accepted my order, but .mobi is still showing my requested domain as being available; it's been like this for over 36 hours)

I would just buy it through another registrar and get a refund from StarGate for your prereg when they find it is already regged.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back