.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
got me a few decent .mobis ... fast whois and all ... not sure if we are all

being had with this extension

:imho:

•••
I pre-regged 4 and got 1
477.mobi :)

•••
Well I got :

mizz.mobi
depeche.mobi ( Im a big fan of the group depeche mode )
conceive.mobi

But, and I don't know if this is only related to OneandOne.uk, not.com. I ordered and was under the impression that I was pre-regging. However, about 3.30pm UK time I checked the whois for the 4 domains I'd tried to get and they were gone already so I thought I'd try a few more. After checking they were available and clicking 'order' I got fine print which said something along the lines of ' we will register these for you on Oct 11 ( !!??) during General Landrush ??

I felt a bit of a twat actually as I'd ordered the original 4 six weeks ago under the impression that they would be put foward for reg today ? When I ordered my .eu domains I got 5 out of 6 with them so thought that this would be the same till I came across that little snippet of info today. :td:

Just a word of warning for anyone else ordering through oneandone.uk. CHECK what it says after 'order'. It doesn't look like they are doing the advanced pre-reg landrush. Just taking orders for the general one on Oct 11th. I couldn't find any .mobi info through their search pages.

I got the above 3 instantly through Godaddy. Paid and activated 5 mins later. May not be 'fab' generics, but domains I know I can develop if needs be so am happy. :xf.love:

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I got about 70 out of 100. I also manually regged about 20 since then. I have an additional 8 that were grabbed by dotster, of which I was the first in their queue on, but they seem to be keeping. The funny thing is that one is theft.mobi :p

It's important for those of us investing in .mobi to develop these sites. Even if the content is minimal, put something useful up. The only way this TLD is going to take off is if users actually use it. The good news is that there isn't a whole lot of screen space to fill. ;)

•••
I pre-regged 3. The two on my list that I, really, wanted got nabbed by another registrar. I got the soso one that I could have done without- ie the one that I pre-regged during the wee-hours.

I used enom. Dotster nabbed both of the names that I wanted.

The name that I got was
PayPerMinute.Mobi

Best of luck to all w/ your mobi regs.

•••
I had previously read that LLL.MOBI were all being reserved, but this does not appear to be the case. I checked a lot of LLL domains today and most of them were taken, but there were also a bunch that are not. I grabbed a few, will post once confirmed in my account.

Below is the shortlist available at the time of writing this that I did not register due to, for once, exercising willpower. As always, rep welcomed if you find this useful :)

DBE.MOBI
DNE.MOBI
DRL.MOBI
EAL.MOBI
EAM.MOBI
EAB.MOBI
ENP.MOBI
EOC.MOBI
EOR.MOBI
EOT.MOBI
ERU.MOBI
FCT.MOBI
FME.MOBI
FPR.MOBI
FRL.MOBI
GDN.MOBI
GNL.MOBI
GNT.MOBI
GNS.MOBI
MNT.MOBI
GWB.MOBI
HMT.MOBI
IGB.MOBI
ILT.MOBI
LNL.MOBI
NLA.MOBI
NLD.MOBI
NLO.MOBI
NPL.MOBI
OLM.MOBI
OLR.MOBI
OOC.MOBI
OOD.MOBI
PBE.MOBI
PCE.MOBI
PFR.MOBI
Ptr.mobi
RBT.MOBI
RCE.MOBI
RDY.MOBI
RDL.MOBI
RDT.MOBI
RFL.MOBI
RFO.MOBI
RLB.MOBI
RLA.MOBI
RLC.MOBI
RLE.MOBI
RLL.MOBI
RLT.MOBI
RML.MOBI
RMR.MOBI
RNP.MOBI
RSL.MOBI
RSO.MOBI
SFL.MOBI
SHL.MOBI
SIO.MOBI
SLN.MOBI
STT.MOBI
THT.MOBI
TID.MOBI
TLB.MOBI
TLE.MOBI
TLL.MOBI
TLN.MOBI
TMB.MOBI
TMV.MOBI
TNR.MOBI
TPR.MOBI
TRP.MOBI
TTA.MOBI
TTR.MOBI

Was real close to grabbing GWB, but I figure he won't be relevant for much longer. Had LOC.MOBI in my basket but was already taken by the time I checked out :P

•••
•••
Checking thru in the last hour I found a bunch LLLs too. I think there are more LLLs available than one worders! I caved and regged a few for GP (general principle) -

KNO.mobi
EFG.mobi
PQR.mobi (777 on a phone)
SBH.mobi

•••
Here are a few available to register at the time of this post....

Comm.mobi
Multiplayer.mobi - edit, gone now!
Humans.mobi
Tough.mobi
Tour360.mobi
360Tour.mobi

Last edited:
•••
-db- said:
Edited for privacy.
Congratulations DB you got a good name there.
Is it ok to offer the .mobi's for sale on Sedo now?
I did a search and can't find any listed.
J.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
suntech said:
Congratulations DB you got a good name there.
Is it ok to offer the .mobi's for sale on Sedo now?
I did a search and can't find any listed.
J.K.
Thank you J.K.

Yes, you can list them at SEDO. Mine are still awaiting verification, but they are in the account, and were accepted into the system/interface without any problems.

•••
The .MOBI's I registered are in my account now, here's what I grabbed:

FRT.MOBI
FTS.MOBI
SSO.MOBI
RNR.MOBI
DNL.MOBI
EOF.MOBI
IFL.MOBI
RHL.MOBI
DBL.MOBI
SVS.MOBI
HGV.MOBI
FMD.MOBI
AMN.MOBI
USW.MOBI (US Wireless).
DNO.MOBI
SNAPS.MOBI (Photos, camera phones are big).

And the only one I really cared about: Aardwolf.mobi

First GTLD landrush I've been in on, if only I'd been around for .info, .biz and the .us CCTLD.

•••
briman1970 said:
Woot!!! :yell:

I just reg'ed two 3-letter .mobis on Moniker. Now I'm out $140 (ouch, ouch)!!! They are showing up in my account and my info is on who-is, so is it safe to say they are mine? I'll post them here after someone eases my fears! ;)

Yep :)

Also just emailed Moniker and they ask to wait 24 before trying to update dns.
Such madness during the landrush things are a bit backed up.

Congrats'

•••
Here is my full list of .mobi names:

•••
LOL wot... such a charmer. :laugh:

I'm assuming that's because you didn't go after any?

•••
wot said:
Here is my full list of .mobi names:

Wot, I saw blook.mobi was taken. Figured that was you for sure. :hehe:

•••
Has anyone seena bulk checker?

•••
•••
-db- said:
LOL wot... such a charmer. :laugh:

I'm assuming that's because you didn't go after any?

Mobi.co.at The Austrian version :)

•••
I got recursos.mobi (spanish for resources)

•••
All of my pre-orders except one (at Pool) are now in auction. The one other indicates I've acquired it, but is "awaiting payment." I've logged into my Pool account, but I can't seem to find a way to pay for it. This is very frustrating to have it dangling there. Any Pool users know how this works? Do they have to invoice me or something?

•••
AUCTION??!!!

That's extortion man. They accept your pre-order only to hold it ransom after the fact? Am I missing something here because that sounds like the worst kind of ethics.

Reg'd at GD and my names were in my Portfolio in no time.

Sheesh... I hope I read that wrong. Good luck man.

GoPC

•••
Pool said others also pre-ordered the same domains, so they put them into an auction (already going) instead of going by the time stamp of the pre-order. It's just a way for them to make more money. I've come to expect no less from most registrars. Would still like to pay for the one uncontested name and get my name on it.

•••
Who is getting what?

Auctions, competing registrars, pre-registrations...

What I know:

1) 1and1 hosting is not registering your .mobi names - they are not set up to do it. So, if you (like me) ordered them through 1and1, you are not getting them. Go elsewhere. They will sit in "Waiting for approval" status for weeks.
2) Godaddy worked - they secured most of the ones I wanted.
3) Dotster secured nothing off my list.
4) Moniker secured nothing off my list.
5) Several names that I "pre-registered" but failed registration are now on auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back