.mobi .Mobi whois database is LIVE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
The .mobi whois database is LIVE.

http://pc.mtld.mobi/whois/index.php

2 of my 3 .mobi's disappeared from my EuroDNS account, no longer "pending". I was excited, thinking I got them, but when I check availability they show as taken now.

One says it's "Registry Reserved", even though it wasn't on the published list. :(

A TM owner got the other one. So there goes 2 of my 3. The last one is still pending.

Anyway, the whois check is LIVE so you can start checking... Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
chupacabra said:
It get's better. I sent a support ticket to complain, now all of a sudden those domains have privacy.

Here is my list of Dotster stolen domains:
SPORTSCORES.MOBI
THEFT.MOBI (lol)
CONVERSIONS.MOBI
CAMPGROUND.MOBI
INSURANCEQUOTE.MOBI
TRACKER.MOBI
BOOKREVIEW.MOBI

same with my 3 as well ... hope you took screen shots, when i was on the phone with them tuesday i asked when it will show exactly who registered them and they said in a couple hours ... now all of these domains show as private and give no way of contacting the current 'owners'

•••
namewaiter said:
same with my 3 as well ... hope you took screen shots, when i was on the phone with them tuesday i asked when it will show exactly who registered them and they said in a couple hours ... now all of these domains show as private and give no way of contacting the current 'owners'
Those bastards. :td:

•••
Got an update from Moniker,

Hello,

We have successfully updated your DNS.

Please be advised that .mobi domains are a recent addition to our
system. Certain classifications of .mobi domains have restrictions on
DNS. To clarify, domain names registered under the Sunrise period cannot
update DNS until after Jan 2007.
Landrush domains do not have these restrictions.

We sincerely apologize as we were under the impression that your domain
name fell under the former category.
This was the reason for the confusing response.

As stated, your DNS has now been updated as requested. Please let us
know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Moniker.com Support Center

Moniker.com
More Than A Name!
Phone:800-350-6923
Fax: (954) 969-9155
mailto:[email protected]

•••
I see no way to reg .mobi on Godaddy. It's not on their list.

Anyone else see it? :|

•••
Kerrijo said:
I see no way to reg .mobi on Godaddy. It's not on their list.

Anyone else see it? :|

Link ;)

•••
•••
or... simply type in the name you are interested in with the .mobi ext... it will then give you a link specifically to the mobi search page.

GoPC

•••
Edited for privacy.

Last edited:
•••
I've been calling and e-mailing Pool.com for three days trying to find out how to pay for my mobi name. They keep saying not to worry...just like today. Then just now I got an e-mail from Pool saying they are going to auction off some of the domains not paid for...like mine! Here's a quote from the e-mail:

"We would like to present you with a special time-limited offer for .MOBI domains. Pool.com was very successful in acquiring domains during the .MOBI Landrush this past Tuesday. We have obtained many high value domains for our customers.

Unfortunately, we have had some difficultly in validating some newer Pool.com customers, and will most likely have unpaid domains. This brings us to our offer. We are giving you the opportunity of acquiring some premier .MOBI domains should these customers fail to provide payment for them.

Click on the link below to see the potential list of .MOBI domains that could be yours for our competitive .MOBI pricing of US $78 per domain. Please note that this fee includes a 2 year registration."

So What they heck is going on here? Are they going to take my domain even though I've tried repeatedly to pay them? My domain is good: techsupport.mobi

Any advice....btw, their customer service is closed...8-5.

Edit: Just checked, and my domain is now again listed in my successful backorder folder, but still awaiting payment. This is excruciating.

Last edited:
•••
It really sounds like pool.com is manipple'ing the process to squeeze out many many dollars from you folks...I just used GD and manually reg'd three LLL.mobi names:

eoc.mobi
ood.mobi
pbe.mobi

and that's all the .mobi I can take at 60 bones a throw!

•••
Thanks! I got one! :bingo:

Now...does anyone have a template for a page design? Not CSS please but just plain old HTML so easy? So I have the right size page etc.? :)

•••
MobiDesigns.mobi will... for you to grab and use. But I'm not done with the page yet. Have several templates finished and working on dozens more.

In the meantime, just keep your images left margin, around 100 p wide and the text will wrap, so type away.

Give yourself good spacing and use NUMBER links (Access Keys) 1, 2, 3, 4 etc for quick navigation in addition to scroll/highlight/enter. This will make the site MUCH easier to navigate.

xhtml is your markup and practice makes perfect :)

Let me know if you need anything, I'll try and help.

GoPC

•••
•••
Thanks for the link MinionDH ;)
I am looking forward to your MobiDesigns.mobi site GoPC!

•••
Thanks D.

Long nights should pay off :)

GoPC

•••
Kerrijo said:
Thanks! I got one! :bingo:

Now...does anyone have a template for a page design? Not CSS please but just plain old HTML so easy? So I have the right size page etc.? :)

Congrats Kerrigo

:kickass:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back