Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.mobi .MOBI Showcase Thread

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Morgan

VIP Member
Impact
32
Hey, I thought there should be a thread where users can showcase there newly acquired .MOBI domains!


Heres mine to start off with:

ServiceCarriers.Mobi
ServiceProviders.Mobi
iPhones.Mobi
iRingtones.Mobi
SexyWallpapers.Mobi
CompareProviders.Mobi
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
-db- said:
I mean this in the nicest, most respectful way possible....

I wish everybody would shut up about .Mobi

I've got 8 already, I only planned to get 3. And despite the high risk and high reg fees involved, it's hard not to get a little excited about the potential when people keep talking about it.

So I'm begging you, please... shut up. I have too many domains already. :'(

:guilty:

So you turned down a premium name from me to buy .mobi thingies , you are weak , so very weak. ;)

I got TelephoneNumber.mobi and what we all want to be - Wannabe.mobi - don't ask me why, I don't know , my finger was on the button and when the black cloud had passed they were regged. :tri:
 
0
•••
Judt picked up another 3 letter IHM.Mobi

Im addicted :)
 
0
•••
Yep i had found some nice 3 letter names although the registration prices are pretty high. Although i can see these names rising in value quickly.
 
0
•••
Morgan said:
Judt picked up another 3 letter IHM.Mobi

Im addicted :)


People please stop talking about .mobi. I bought too many already and

I don't believe it will turn to a mobi.dick world.

:cy:
 
0
•••
This thread is becoming reminiscent of UMPC, Blooks, Wii but let me point out there are some great generic names still available. I see people already slipping to typos and "brandables". Just look a little harder and you'll find some real gems.
 
0
•••
Phronesis said:
This thread is becoming reminiscent of UMPC, Blooks, Wii but let me point out there are some great generic names still available. I see people already slipping to typos and "brandables". Just look a little harder and you'll find some real gems.
Yup, it appears so. I am spent out at 3 names.

Again, I must be missing something because I see lots of well known zip codes available.

I haven't delved into the development stuff but had the impression a lot of making a site display on 'mobi type' devices could be done with css. I checked one of my sites which shrinks/expands to fit display size and it did fairly well on one of the test sites referenced in a thread somewhere.
 
0
•••
According to Pool.com, I got three names that I put in for:

dinefind.mobi
dinesearch.mobi
infobooth.mobi

They seem pretty decent for the domain, but truth is, I didn't realize when I ordered them at Pool that I would automatically be billed for them if they were obtained. I thought there would be a step before that where I'd give final approval to the purchase. So I ended up spending more on mobi than I had intended...I'll just have to hope the domain takes off! :|
 
0
•••
I regged moneynews.mobi.
 
0
•••
I'm still debating on the future of MOBI....suppose that debate may not end soon..could take 5-10 years before we understand user patterns...

Anyhow...here is my favorite MoBe.MOBI
 
0
•••
I picked up

Hymen.mobi
 
0
•••
I am too.

GoPC.mobi is doing surprisingly well. Over 80% from NON-US surfers. Wonder what that means?

LiveUpdates.mobi is getting alot of his too.

The great thing is that I have pretty good CTR as well. Upwards of 40% on some of them.

GoPC
 
0
•••
My 2 cents..

I think people should reg. generic names first before trying to reg. brandables or typos..I spent close to 2 hours yesterday searching thru generic names, and man....i have found so many good ones...im planning to reg. few.

I would recommend people to reg. names that can actually be developed...Few categories like News, Weather, Stock names, emails...
 
0
•••
GoPC said:
I am too.

GoPC.mobi is doing surprisingly well. Over 80% from NON-US surfers. Wonder what that means?

LiveUpdates.mobi is getting alot of his too.

The great thing is that I have pretty good CTR as well. Upwards of 40% on some of them.

GoPC


really what are the numbers like ?

:cy:
 
0
•••
Any traffic right now is from domain speculators I believe.

I now own 3 fun mobis and I will be developing all of them as soon as I can access the website builder program through godaddy (I am still unable to access the godaddy site at home, tried everything, called my ISP and even used windows restore. :( )

They are:

dailyjoke.mobi
fortunes.mobi
fortunecookie.mobi
 
0
•••
Nothing to write home about but GoPC has seen up to 73 unige hits per day since it went up. That's what, 3 full days divided by 73... 24.34 per day. Just about $6 in revenue. Extrapilating that out, this particular domain has paid for itself if trends stay current.

LiveUpdates is a bit less. MobiDesigns is taking some hits for obviously other reasons. GolfPro.mobi has taken roughly a dozen in the past 2 days.

GoPC is my best traffic .mobi right now.

But like I said, it's probably more just people seeing what's out there than targeted, specific traffic.

Also, looking at the way "GoPC" is used overseas now, this might be a result of .mobi seekers looking to see of the name is snagged or not.

I think it's to soon for the traffic to be considered "inherant" but it's nice having it. :)

GoPC
 
0
•••
Kerrijo said:
Any traffic right now is from domain speculators I believe.

I now own 3 fun mobis and I will be developing all of them as soon as I can access the website builder program through godaddy (I am still unable to access the godaddy site at home, tried everything, called my ISP and even used windows restore. :( )

They are:

dailyjoke.mobi
fortunes.mobi
fortunecookie.mobi

those are beauties

:)
 
0
•••
GoPC said:
Nothing to write home about but GoPC has seen up to 73 unige hits per day since it went up. That's what, 3 full days divided by 73... 24.34 per day. Just about $6 in revenue. Extrapilating that out, this particular domain has paid for itself if trends stay current.

LiveUpdates is a bit less. MobiDesigns is taking some hits for obviously other reasons. GolfPro.mobi has taken roughly a dozen in the past 2 days.

GoPC is my best traffic .mobi right now.

But like I said, it's probably more just people seeing what's out there than targeted, specific traffic.

Also, looking at the way "GoPC" is used overseas now, this might be a result of .mobi seekers looking to see of the name is snagged or not.

I think it's to soon for the traffic to be considered "inherant" but it's nice having it. :)

GoPC

Wow, well even if it's speculators that's pretty darn good!






cosmicray said:
those are beauties

:)

You thinks so really? Thanks! :D
 
0
•••
I picked up:

EZNEWS.MOBI
TOPSPORTS.MOBI
FASTSPORTS.MOBI
FASTSTATS.MOBI
FREE4ALL.MOBI
HORNY18.MOBI
YESGIRLS.MOBI
OVER18.MOBI

Dont know if theyll be worth anything but bought them anyway :)
 
0
•••
Heman maximus said:
My 2 cents..

I think people should reg. generic names first before trying to reg. brandables or typos..I spent close to 2 hours yesterday searching thru generic names, and man....i have found so many good ones...im planning to reg. few.

I would recommend people to reg. names that can actually be developed...Few categories like News, Weather, Stock names, emails...

Agree 100%. Not sure why people are regging non-generics when there are still lots left but to each his own - more for me!
 
0
•••
some of the names i've seen on sedo are just amazingly bad, wouldn't even be worth much as a dot com let alone mobi
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back