IT.COM

.mobi .MOBI Showcase Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, I thought there should be a thread where users can showcase there newly acquired .MOBI domains!

Heres mine to start off with:

ServiceCarriers.Mobi
ServiceProviders.Mobi
iPhones.Mobi
iRingtones.Mobi
SexyWallpapers.Mobi
CompareProviders.Mobi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dagersh said:
Well, sure, but . . . a city in *Arkansas*?
:laugh:

Hehe, they have those there??? :p

•••
I think the 3 letter domains will be more profitable in the end. Easier for visitors to punch into there phones!

Just bought a few more 3 letter .mobi's

HEV.mobi (Hybrid Electric Vehicle
IRD.mobi (The .org sold for around $9k)
ITP.mobi (Lots of search results and nice sounding and letters)
MEH.mobi (Becoming a more popular expression via sms ect)
MYP.mobi (My Phone)
NSM.mobi (Nice sounding and letters, MSN backwards)
RGM.mobi (Nice letters, could mean Ringtones, Games Music)
CNM.mobi (Nice letters, typo for CNN)
RCH.mobi (Nice letters, could be used for SEA.RCH.mobi)

Feedback appreciated!

•••
:tu:

Last edited:
•••
Well, sure, but . . . a city in *Arkansas*?
Yes I know lol, I grew up there and in a blind nostalgic haze I regged the name!

•••
texasgamer said:
Yes I know lol, I grew up there and in a blind nostalgic haze I regged the name!

Yeah, I tried that too with the city I was born in. Oddly enough, though, it turns out that someone already took "NYC.mobi"! :)

But getting back to reality, I did just register one that should cover all the bases:

YOUAREHERE.MOBI

Not 3 letters, but kind of nice for the domain...I envision an instant self-locator kind of site. Now if only I had access to a satellite...

•••
scrsteven said:
Hm.. do people typo .mobi's with adjacent letters/numbers on the keypad?
Got me thinking....hmmmm....then got myself HOTLES.MOBI....this seems to be a very common typo as the HOTLES.com has over 5K on OVT with extension...!!

•••
Just snagged MobiBB.com (as in Mobi Bulletin Board)... not a .mobi but certainly related and worth mentioning.

Mobi This...
Mobi That...
Stimulating Mobi Chat.

;)

GoPC

•••
Binfus said:
Got me thinking....hmmmm....then got myself HOTLES.MOBI....this seems to be a very common typo as the HOTLES.com has over 5K on OVT with extension...!!

Typos on a qwerty keyboard may be similar but they should be diferent when typing on a numberical keypad. Something to think about when registering .mobi typos.

•••
neobodhi said:
Typos on a qwerty keyboard may be similar but they should be diferent when typing on a numberical keypad. Something to think about when registering .mobi typos.

Yes thats why i registered

NSM.mobi

the n and m are on the same button which could provide a lot of typo's.

•••
neobodhi said:
I agree but I also think qwerty keyboard will likely become the standard on most future mobile devices, especially as mobile web becomes mainstream.

•••
dagersh said:
Yeah, I tried that too with the city I was born in. Oddly enough, though, it turns out that someone already took "NYC.mobi"! :)

But getting back to reality, I did just register one that should cover all the bases:

YOUAREHERE.MOBI

Not 3 letters, but kind of nice for the domain...I envision an instant self-locator kind of site. Now if only I had access to a satellite...

don't know if it's available, but i'd get yourehere.mobi as well if i were you

•••
ny-ny.mobi was available as of lastnight. If'n there was a name to prematurely get with a hyphen in it, it would be ny-ny.

Another good one that I let go because I felt it was too long was phonetools.mobi. I figured downloads of games, utilities, updates, etc.

Still some decent LLL.mobi names left too. I have noticed them being reg'd w/in a day of finding them though. I had nue.mobi and a few others in my cart one night, but then by morning it was reg'd. I couldn't let puz.mobi go though. I thought it was a great fit for games puz...zles!

dagersh said:

YOUAREHERE.MOBI

•••
I'm happy with what I got

GreatOutdoors.mobi
Hispanics.mobi
MarthasVineyard.mobi
Mesh.mobi
Presence.mobi
Provincetown.mobi
Smartphones.mobi
UWB.mobi
Videoblogs.mobi
Wanted.mobi

http://DotMobiDomainsForSale.com ;)

•••
rsequin said:

GreatOutdoors.mobi
Hispanics.mobi
MarthasVineyard.mobi
Mesh.mobi
Presence.mobi
Provincetown.mobi
Smartphones.mobi
UWB.mobi
Videoblogs.mobi
Wanted.mobi

http://DotMobiDomainsForSale.com ;)

There are some amazing names there!

•••
rsequin said:

GreatOutdoors.mobi

I like that one ... great movie.
Don't forget to grab other John Candy movies! UncleBuck.mobi!

•••
I just picked up - TLDs.mobi. Never know when a domain idea may hit ya, and you got to reg it right away!!

•••
BloGamble said:
Will be getting many more on the 11th Oct when the price drops.

what's the reg price dropping to ?

•••
LEL.mobi
AGJ.mobi (see it on your phone? 245... quick and easy!)
OPO.mobi

•••
My 2 mobi's

Relief.mobi ( Don't know what it could be used for..maybe creditcard relief, pain relief, hurricane relief!)

Respond.mobi (This one seems to be a good one word domain!)

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do with these? They have great search numbers with google.

•••
strat said:
what's the reg price dropping to ?

I think I read $12.99 somewhere.

I picked up pokerhands.mobi today.

For those newer poker players who can't remember if a straight beats a flush. :hehe:

•••
want.mobi

picked up a few at pools auctions today.. I hope I did not pay to much..

want.mobi :)

tap.mobi

565.mobi

656.mobi

878.mobi

still have a few more auctions to go. the prices are getting high on the great key words ie. loan.mobi $1,250.00

•••
I have been wandering how to monitize a mobi page. I hope google comes up with another style of adsense to fit the .mobi format

•••
texasgamer said:
I have been wandering how to monitize a mobi page. I hope google comes up with another style of adsense to fit the .mobi format

I would be surprised if we don't see something in the coming months.

•••
•••
My first two .mobi domains, a little long but they get to the point. I might get couple of more when prices drop.

onlinesports.mobi

jobopenings.mobi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back