Dynadot

.mobi .MOBI Regging

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
are .mobi's now open to registration? I have a few that I want and eurodns says they are free, but am I actually registering them or paying in hopes that I will get them when they are released? need immediate help! thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, in my ignorance I "regged" one that was free. Cost me almost $100 and I have a feeling I won't get it (it's a prime 3-letter), not to mention I don't meet the sunrise qualifications. Oops.

•••
Hello,

Dotster.com is accepting "landrushes" for .mobi. I know that the domain opens up in full.

If you have a trademark name you can submit it now.

Landrush(pre-registrations)
August 28th - September 10th

Ongoing General Registrations
Begins September 14th

Good Luck,
Randy

•••
landrush said:
Hello,

Dotster.com is accepting "landrushes" for .mobi. I know that the domain opens up in full.

If you have a trademark name you can submit it now.

Landrush(pre-registrations)
August 28th - September 10th

Ongoing General Registrations
Begins September 14th

Good Luck,
Randy

Hmmm. What happens when you pre-reg without a TM like, uh, some guy I know...yeah...that's it.

•••
Depends on the name. I think they look for TM's in advance and will pander the living hell out of it so that the "TM" owners will buy it before any litigious action must occur with ICANN.

I assume every one - three letter word will be snapped up quickly.

Randy

•••
landrush said:
Depends on the name. I think they look for TM's in advance and will pander the living hell out of it so that the "TM" owners will buy it before any litigious action must occur with ICANN.

I assume every one - three letter word will be snapped up quickly.

Randy

Hmmmm wouldn't the numbered domains go quicker?

•••
I apologize, I meant to say 1 - 3 digit keywords (note to self -- make sure to use proper terminology).

Thanks,
RG

•••
You pay the fee upfront, if they decide you don't have rights to the domain, your fee is not refunded. The idea is that they don't want to waste time dealing with the plethora of people trying to grab domains they don't have rights to. If you want to waste $100 or whatever it is to try to get a premium domain during sunrise, that's upto you :)

•••
slipxaway said:
You pay the fee upfront, if they decide you don't have rights to the domain, your fee is not refunded. The idea is that they don't want to waste time dealing with the plethora of people trying to grab domains they don't have rights to. If you want to waste $100 or whatever it is to try to get a premium domain during sunrise, that's upto you :)

Yeah I did read that part about not getting a refund but getting a credit. I used EuroDNS. Their marketing is deceptive - it leads you to believe anybody can reg a name if it's available. Lame.

•••
The good news.............I have had this with EuroDns and you can get your money back after they have credited your account.

The bad news .......they charge you a small % to reimburse you the money.

I was told this by a sales assistant on the telephone

So effectively you are paying to get your own money back..

So everyone who has not got their domain of choice gets credited,so you then have to buy more names with EuroDns,or they take a % and reimburse you the remainder!!! A win win scenario if there ever was one,unfortunately though not for us!!

•••
landrush said:
I apologize, I meant to say 1 - 3 digit keywords (note to self -- make sure to use proper terminology).

Thanks,
RG

Ahem, I wasn't critizing your post, I was telling everyone to go after the numbers, makes more sense for mobiles, capiche?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back