IT.COM

.mobi .mobi domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was just wondering what everyone thought about .mobi domains.
Is there really a market for these. I noticed there are many good keywords available, but is it worth the investment? What are the pros and cons?
Tell me what you think. :)
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you mean Pool perhaps?
I'll bet you wil see some .mobi domains appearing there immediately after the landrush.

•••
Are you sure the "reserved" list will be on pool and not auctioned by .mobi themselves?

•••
Euro DNS are no longer charging the extra 14 euro 'Sunrise' surcharge now.

With regards to these premium names, apparantly you need the hard-to-find PDF application form from WIPO's website (wipo.int), $1500, a relevant/compatible registered trademark, and even more cash if the name goes to auction (i.e. two plus applicants).
mtld.mobi

•••
.mobi

How long do you think it will be to know if your did acquire the .mobi domain you pre-registered?

I called goDaddy and the individual i spoke with didnt have any specifics. All he told me was if i do not get the .mobi domain(s), i would get that amount refunded....

Anyone have other information pertaining to this?
thanks

•••
Under the one .mobi I attempted to register on EuroDNS it now says "domain being processed"...to which I respond - "don't get my hopes up!". Frankly I'll be stunned if I actually wind up with the name. I'll be interested to see the .mobis that people get this week.

:santa:

•••
when would landrush start or is it already?

•••
zehrila said:
when would landrush start or is it already?
The public landrush for .mobi begins tomorrow, September 26th. :talk:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back