Dynadot

question Missed a GoDaddy Closeout, now what?

NameSilo
Watch

Namestein

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I missed a GoDaddy closeout at $5 last night. The domain is no longer available to purchase. I believe the owner still has 7 days (from last night) to pay a costly renewal fee, which I don't expect to happen. So my question would be, how long do I have to wait from the end of the closeout until I can hand register the domain?

Thanks! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
since the auction has been cycling for the past 5 day period the prior owner has has 2 days left to renew the domains. If he does not then the domain has 30 more days for pending delete; Godaddy auctions the names at the 30 day expiry mark so there is about 30 days left before it drops.

Your only option is to try and get the prior owner to renew and sell to you in the next day or two or try to catch it on the pending delete with a back order - Which i'm sure you will have no issue catching on the drop since there was no one attempting for the pre-release.

Last edited:
•••
since the auction has been cycling for the past 5 day period the prior owner has has 2 days left to renew the domains. If he does not then the domain has 30 more days for pending delete; Godaddy auctions the names at the 30 day expiry mark so there is about 30 days left before it drops.

Your only option is to try and get the prior owner to renew and sell to you in the next day or two or try to catch it on the pending delete with a back order - Which i'm sure you will have no issue catching on the drop since there was no one attempting for the pre-release.
I don't think anything isn't possible with HUGEDOMAINS snooping around, thus negating your theorem in the emboldened lol I have seen them pick up names that wasn't bought at auctions because I have watched a few!

•••
If the domain has dropped, i believe you will be able to see it in dropping names list after 42 days apx.

•••
Thanks, I'll let it go and learn from it. Will try and catch it on the drop! :)

•••
Use dynadot or pheenix backorder. They are the cheapest and can get good domains. $16 at dynadot. Don't pay $59 for a domain that didn't get any interest in GD auctions.

•••
•••
maybe call godaddy and ask the auction department to put it back on - not sure if it will work but its worth a try

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back