IT.COM

question Millions of Back Links

NameSilo
Watch

NoisyNosyNancy

Established Member
Impact
I was looking at "Expired Domains.net" (which is such a good resource) and when searching for recently expired domains, I clicked on the backlinks tab which brought up expired domains in the order of the ones with the most to the least backlinks. As for ones with the most backlinks. there are a ton of websites with similar names that have exactly 4.9 million backlinks...What were these websites used for? Does anyone know? For example, "ag-doyo.com" and many others beginning with "Ag-something.com" and then lots with "bg-something.com" etc. Who is buying and using these types of domains and then discarding them? And how are they getting 5 million backlinks on these domains? It is odd.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is screenshot of what I am referring to:

Attachments

• back links.PNG
    back links.PNG
    58 KB · Views: 127
•••
Hi

you'd have to check each backlink, to verify it's validity.

no matter if it's 10 links or 10 million
so don't just look at the numbers

imo....

•••
i sold domains with 100 backlinks for 500$ before and some am unable to sell for 10$ with million of backlinks it all depends on the quality

•••
I wasn't really interested in buying these domains so much as I was trying to figure out what was going on with these type of domains. It just seems so odd.

•••
It could be an outdated black hat SEO tactic, however search engines caught up on those things already long ago. But some people still seem to think that it works :)

•••
SEO requires quality more than quantity

•••
Exactly! Valuable content with solid backlinks is worth much more than a few million spammy backlinks. If you do see a domain with so many backlinks there is a high chance that it's banned, in that case, it's better not to buy it getting it listed again is usually not worth the effort.

You can check easily if it's delisted by searching in Google for site:mydomain.com. When no results show up it has probably been banned.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back