IT.COM

.com Mike Mann sells WeAreParents.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vanvinh

Established Member
Impact
In a facebook post, Mike Mann indicated he recently sold the domain name WeAreParents.com $7000, purchased 10/16/16 $20

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some parents are very sensitive :xf.wink:

•••
Guess it wouldn't hurt to try an appraisal on here. See how it goes.

As far you know which one to consider and which one to not, it is worth a try :)

I suggest you analyze and appraise the domain yourself and then post request for an appraisal that will give you a clear difference of the legitimate appraisals and personal opinions.

•••
Don't believe everything you read.

•••
I am beginning to raise my eyebrows with all this supposed Mike Mann sales. Does anyone collect all this sales as I would like to investigate further into it. A lot of strange things happens in this industry.

Last edited:
•••
I am beginning to raise my eyebrows with all this supposed Mike Mann sales. Does anyone collect all this sales as I would like to investigate further into it. A lot of strange things happens in this industry.

If you investigate further let us know what you find out!

•••
I have very nice name that a SF based tech startup really interested in. 3 months ago we had the very first negotiation, then two weeks ago the second talk......I tried to learn Mike's way to deal with this business- which to set a premium price (but still much lower than MikeMann's average price). Unfortunately, the buyer just doesnt give me a fark. I feel so lonely......

•••
Connections or personal network have nothing to do with a sale to an enduser. Unless, you sell startup type names and have a connection to a VC guy or company that consistently has ideas or concepts that need names.

So, you're saying you could have sold the name for $7k if you were the owner.

•••
how many do u figure he has?

•••
Connections or personal network have nothing to do with a sale to an enduser. Unless, you sell startup type names and have a connection to a VC guy or company that consistently has ideas or concepts that need names.
Wrong
I guess many domains are sold high bey recommendation
Same @Sedo

Some domains are sold high because stuff from Sedo recommend these names

It,s is like ,,art,,

Some pictures are sold very very but have no skills or whatever
It is like ed hardy
Madonna wear a shirt and everyone think this is special

Connections sells

•••
If you really need good appraisal then you ought to go through previous threads, list good appraisers and call them on your appraisal thread. No guarantee you will get an appraisal but if you do get a good appraisal then hey, its free and worth the try ;)

Guess it wouldn't hurt to try an appraisal on here. See how it goes.

•••
•••
I do not think its a crazy sale. I sold similar names in 1-3K range. 7 K is a good price, but nothing crazy.

•••
There is a live trademark for "We Are Parents" from 2015 by Dun and Bradstreet which is a publicly traded company with almost 2 billion in revenue.

http://www.trademarkia.com/weareparents-86200776.html

Mann probably took an $8 bet after seeing the live trademark and it paid off. When you have 250,000 domains these minimal bets are placed often and some hit and some don't.

Well found. That is typical Mann style. Look for a trademark then reg the name. If TM abuse came with a prison sentence (ie: knowingly abusing a trademark or using a trademark for your own personal gain) then he would be in jail.

Once again Mann you rock at sh***ing on this industry.

•••
Well, he didn't register it. It's been registered since 2008, but he did buy it recently.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back