IT.COM

discuss Mike Mann Sells Two Domains For 10k Each! Don't drop those!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
he has a lot of renewals - i wonder what his turn rate is?

Yes..probably close to $2-2.5M in annual renewals alone !

•••
and like always i say the end user is the finale appraisal tool, thank u for sharing with us :)

•••
•••
If these are two of the domains he sells for good money, it makes you wonder about the general standard of the names he owns.

•••
I must sell sunsane.com for 10k

•••
If I posted this domain here in appraisal, the so called "Pro" come & told me it's waste of money etc.

People would thrash these type of names with a baseball bat in the Appraisal sections :)

•••
•••
How would you like to pay 250K in renewals PER MONTH?

Cause that is what MM has to do to make these sales. As he says "My sales are impressive, but my profits are not"...

•••
How does he do it? Anything special about them?
Strange amounts too?
if you want to know how he does it, just visit any of the domain name he owns. It is all about building a system with all the bells and whistles. Most buyers visit the domain name directly and they see a price as high as that with enticing features on the page as if it is a full blown corporate business they are dealing with which instill some idea of VALUE. That is, they are buy a very valuable domain name from a company they can trust. They also have a live chat on standby you know?

It didn't come so cheap to build such a system.

•••
if you want to know how he does it, just visit any of the domain name he owns. It is all about building a system with all the bells and whistles. Most buyers visit the domain name directly and they see a price as high as that with enticing features on the page as if it is a full blown corporate business they are dealing with which instill some idea of VALUE. That is, they are buy a very valuable domain name from a company they can trust. They also have a live chat on standby you know?

Ok, so he just sets each of his domains to one of his generic landers which routes through Domain Market (also owned by him). Guess that's where he has a back office platform built on the back of this to record the stats/sales.

•••

I agree with this. He also built a brand and is proactive in promoting that brand through advertising among other ways.

He doesn't rely on forums and mainstream marketplaces. I think what he does is within the ability of average domainers.

•••
•••
Sure if the average domainer could afford to pay 250k a month in renewals then its within his capabilities........ But can they now?

•••
Sure if the average domainer could afford to pay 250k a month in renewals then its within his capabilities........ But can they now?

I wasn't referring to his volume of domains but regards to building a professional brand and proactively marketing it. Not talking about number of domains at all.

•••
I think he gives a lot of us confidence in doing domain businesses.

Many of us are just too narrow minded and shortsighted

But one thing we should know that:

we only see his return and revenues at this moment, we didn't see his cost and sufferings. I am sure he wont disclose his loss and hardness.

This is just like I can let people know I sold 6 names with $2000 per sale in average, but I didn't tell them I spend 30k in renew my names....

Last edited:
•••
How would you like to pay 250K in renewals PER MONTH?

Cause that is what MM has to do to make these sales. As he says "My sales are impressive, but my profits are not"...

and this is what i was thinking about, if you have 260k domain you spend yearly $2.3m in renewal fees how much they make from this massive portfolio?

•••
•••
I wasn't referring to his volume of domains but regards to building a professional brand and proactively marketing it. Not talking about number of domains at all.

Thats all fine and well. Everyone wants to do that. Thats not the reason he makes those sales. Its because he owns more than 200k domains of medium high quality (debatable) and he can wait for the offers that makes sense because he gets so many.

•••
I just looked at the SERP's and his domain market dot com does not appear in either the paid or organic. BTW: the ranking difficulty is high and CPC is $10-15. I can't believe all sales are type in's.

•••
I wouldnt. :)

Yes but most of them will,
especially that wellofthesoul.com

And probably they could've been right because apart from that sunchat.com, the other one literally makes no sense.

And just being logical, it would be foolish to have high hopes for those no sense hand regs ( I also have a fair share of them :))
We all know it was Mark Mann, that's why those names sold for big.

•••
Most of the time you register or buy domains on gut instinct. If you get that warm and fuzzy feeling about the name then someone down the line will too. It's tough to carry renewals for years when you have a decent sized portfolio but domains grow in value over time!

•••
Gives me hope for my name Sun.Network

•••
I just looked at the SERP's and his domain market dot com does not appear in either the paid or organic. BTW: the ranking difficulty is high and CPC is $10-15. I can't believe all sales are type in's.

If you have 260,000 medium-high quality names, you'd be getting daily organic traffic of around 50,000 unique visitors.

•••
•••
He gets so many requests because he has so many names. A numbers game technically, but he still has to close the sale and that he does.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back