Domain Empire

information Mike Mann removes BIN prices from 150,000 domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Mike Mann announced on Facebook that he has removed Buy-It-Now (BIN) prices from 150,000 .com domains on his marketplace.
“I removed the prices from 150,000 premium .Com domains which is lowering sales significantly, but generating huge numbers of price requests; ie, a big pipeline. The price quotes and sales prices are going way up on average and we are adding about 200 new domains per day; so the sales slope should rise precipitously soon.”..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I read that as him believing that prices are on the increase. That's good news.

Now what did I do with the credit card? :)

•••
Interesting article...I think there is/are other factors at work behind the pricing change. Hopefully it means prices are on the rise but maybe the shifting search sands are driving the change. We may never know the real reason(s) for the shift in pricing.

•••
The first time I saw his pricing, I thought he was dreaming. At the time I said to myself that most type in traffic from many prospects he got took 2 seconds to go elsewhere. Someone goes to see a name on GD for $15, versus $10,888. As the article states it gives the potential buyer motivation to contact and create a dialog, leading to a sale. Having this issue with my previous businesses I struggled with this publishing prices or not publishing, routinely changing back and forth. It keeps the competition at bay also, being unpredictable. I did the same, first nonpricing, then back to pricing and the eventually settled on a "prices starting at..." lead generation ad. I found when I never published prices I always got many more phone calls. The trade off is the number of wasted telecons and tirekickers increases, and additional hours or staff required.

Last edited:
•••
The first time I saw his pricing, I thought he was dreaming.

At the time I said to myself that most type in traffic from many prospects he got took 2 seconds to go elsewhere. Someone goes to see a name on GD for $15, versus $10,888.

Ditto!!

You can see yourself: https://www.domainmarket.com/ :xf.eek:

I'm thinking again and again, what business could be built on ... Homeless.com for... $494,888 (n)

•••
Ditto!!

You can see yourself: https://www.domainmarket.com/ :xf.eek:

I'm thinking again and again, what business could be built on ... Homeless.com for... $494,888 (n)

Sometimes I think that many of the high priced/valued domains will never get built out at all. But, I am glad that a few do sell and the market has movement and applaud the effort of finding and buying them. Then reselling for decent prices like the 3-4 characters get: recently Lola.com, a great name and price. I am curious to see what happens with english based domains selling the next 10 years with the Chinese and Indian online market growth.

•••
Must be prices are going up.

•••
•••
Either that or he just don't think they will even sell at that price. Might be the opposite.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back