NameSilo

discuss Mike Mann dethrones the Domain King?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Mike Mann
August 14 at 7:49am
Is Rick Schwartz Domain King forever, or has he lost his luster and diluted his brand by being dethroned from this generic term that only fits one of us? Does he get to pass it to his heirs? Can we rebrand him ExDomainKing? If we get in a big dispute the press should be good, no?

Mike seems to be implying that he is the “Domain King” rather than Rick Schwartz (who owns the Domain King trademark and has been referred to as the “Domain King” for a long time). I think Mike and Rick go back many years, so it will be interesting to see how this discussion goes...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rick is #1 in large sales but both are incredible and offer so much to the industry.

•••
Mike Mann is not no Rick Schwartz, Not even close, In my opinion. And think about this, Who has always tooted their own horn more, Rick gets natural exposure, He doesn't have to seek it out.

•••
"Did Mike Mann Dethrone the “Domain King?”

In renewal fee expenses I'm sure. :ROFL:

•••
•••
Rick Schwartz is the domain king (and owns the domain king TM).

Mike Mann is not the domain king, and in terms of TMs he blatantly cybersquats the big brands trademarks (microsoft, google, facebook, samsung, etc.). Someone who blatantly cybersquats and tries to make a profit on others trademarks does not deserve the "domain king" moniker. His approach to domaining is unprincipled. Rick is the domain king. Mann is the cybersquatting king.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back