Dynadot

Domain Sherpa VS Domain King. About to Fight?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
In a nutshell Domain Sherpa (Michael Cyger) removed all the video interviews of Rick schwartz (domain king) and Michael berkens (Thedomain) from the site.
Rick and Mike are very upset and want answers, but domain Sherpa hasn't responded to them except for a tweet in the middle of Rick's Twitter post leaving a strange comment and an advertisement, crazy.

I feel bad for Rick and Mike since they spent years donating their time, experience, and knowledge to the show.

Rick says he is getting Angry!

Anyways it's all on Rick's Twitter.

Why do you think the videos were removed?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right, so now..the real question is... who is gonna grab:

CygerVsSchwartz.com

SchwartzNcyger.com

:xf.grin:

They should both get into the octagon at NamesCon2018 ....I bet that will sell some tickets...lol

The best idea I have heard of in years. lol

•••
I think everyone just needs to listen to this calming, soothing, relaxing ASMR video:

OR THIS: :xf.grin:

051992f9ae1b62409954eae1e90b9688b181f2.jpg

•••
I've sometimes been mystified by non-responses only to find their was a technical or medical issue.

Yes...I have been on both sides of the medical issue...once for over a month I was unable to keep up with online doings and it caused lots of confusion and angst for business associates.

a case study in why ya don't build your business on facebook, twitter or someone else's site

Well said.

Since I don't have access to all the information and I'm unfamiliar with the dicker issue, it would be inappropriate for me to comment other than to say this has been one of the best threads I've read in a while...thanks everyone!

•••
Let's put an end to this...

•••
Kinda a case study in why ya don't build your business on facebook, twitter or someone else's site and should build on your own domain name as then you have complete control over your content and nobody can close the doors, change their terms or remove work that ya put effort into for any reason even if the reason may be justified.

Would expect the advertisers in the videos to be more upset than Schwartz and Berkens as less views for them if the videos are removed. Don't know the full details so I'll refrain from any personal opinion.
Exactly. You don't own it, you got nothing to bitch about.

•••
I dont know anything about this guy but I love the photo of him holding two cute puppies
https://twitter.com/adamdicker
wonder why he doesnt have a pro or VIP badge here on NP his twitter says "expert" he has a ton of posts about him...
CT6WuX4x_400x400.jpg

•••
wonder why he doesnt have a pro or VIP badge here on NP his twitter says "expert" he has a ton of posts about him...
You think someone who steals money deserves to be crowned a PRO or VIP?

Let's not be outrageous, please. :xf.cool:

•••
@Rick Schwartz has not tweeted since the 12th.

And now we have a photo of the guy with the puppy dogs here sure has a lot of stuff written on 163 pages just one NP thread alone, thanks to all you who have posted this stuff before. I finally read enough.

Did anybody get their money back???

His name seems to be the central theme and now reading all this other stuff here including the recent .88 cent "disposable domain" promotions from Snakeoil XYZ and the .whateveregistry, I am not impressed with some of these business ethics.

https://www.wired.com/2008/06/godaddy-vp-caug/
Bidding in Auctions against customers? I can't believe that was ever permitted!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-5

•••
@Rick Schwartz has not tweeted since the 12th.

And now we have a photo of the guy with the puppy dogs here sure has a lot of stuff written on 163 pages just one NP thread alone, thanks to all you who have posted this stuff before. I finally read enough.

Did anybody get their money back???

His name seems to be the central theme and now reading all this other stuff here including the recent .88 cent "disposable domain" promotions from Snakeoil XYZ and the .whateveregistry, I am not impressed with some of these business ethics.

https://www.wired.com/2008/06/godaddy-vp-caug/
Bidding in Auctions against customers? I can't believe that was ever permitted!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-5

Crazy did he ever purchase the registry?

". He told the Domain Name Journal that he was in the process of "completing a deal to purchase an existing ICANN accredited registrar," which, Dicker said, he'd use to provide forum members with discounted rates for new domains. Are his interests at odds with Go Daddy's – is he still active in day-to-day operations of High Impact Sites?"

•••

I am new, just read this but suspect not as he appeared to be insolvent, or unable to pay other bills.

•••
Registrar. But it was terminated at some point for non-payment of Icann fees. BTW he's not the first nor the last domainer buying a registrar to lose it like that.

•••
I'm going to watch the
Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor fight
instead of this these boring guys :xf.cool:

aasssdggg.jpg

•••
........"He told the Domain Name Journal that he was in the process of "completing a deal to purchase an existing ICANN accredited registrar,".....

He also said in an interview (not Domain Sherpa but somewhere else) that he could sell a domain name for "a lot more than whatever offer was received from an inbound lead" because he knew how to and had done so many times.

I learned the hard way that he could not. He and his cohorts lied and wasted my time and my money.

So yea, I personally believe that he told a publication he was going to purchase a registrar. He has said a lot of things to a lot of people and pumped himself up to everyone. I dont believe he has an ounce of skill in him, but instead, simply luck -- where as the others on the Domain Sherpa panel demonstrate skill even to this day.

Wealthy or not, successful or not, we have all been affected by that guy's scams. We should just let sleeping dogs lay where they are and keep one eye on them as we warn others to steer clear of them.

•••
I have been doing some research on Rick Schwartz and he is pretty direct but yet still has an underlying sense of humor. It's undeniable that some of these top domainers have influenced the entire industry and I very much look forward to reading some of their input.

I have had a lot of businesses in my days but I have to say that I have NEVER seen a business with as much infighting as the domaining business. Personally I am truly happy when I see another domainer sell a name and it inspires me to work harder. Yet for some reason that is never enough for others and the same old battles seem to rehash again and again. Some of the circumstances change but the battle continue again and again.

I much prefer to watch from the sidelines and learn my lessons from some of these epic battles.

•••
These guys have pretty much destroyed the domain industry. They are acting like they are Gods, but they make themselves look pathetic IMO

•••
I have been doing some research on Rick Schwartz and he is pretty direct but yet still has an underlying sense of humor. It's undeniable that some of these top domainers have influenced the entire industry and I very much look forward to reading some of their input.

I have had a lot of businesses in my days but I have to say that I have NEVER seen a business with as much infighting as the domaining business. Personally I am truly happy when I see another domainer sell a name and it inspires me to work harder. Yet for some reason that is never enough for others and the same old battles seem to rehash again and again. Some of the circumstances change but the battle continue again and again.

I much prefer to watch from the sidelines and learn my lessons from some of these epic battles.

All of the great domains are long gone by people that had the foresight to see what may happen, and yes they have made themselves a lot of money...Current domain people will not have that same opportunity and thus must work harder at it for sure. However, there are still many opportunities for domains. It just wont be the 6 figure deals that many of these guys made. Mike Mann sells some domains that many of us would not have purchased and a lot of times he gets a 5 figure amount... As far as the infighting goes , I think that there are always bad people in every business and this is a small overall community of these people and it stands out more. I have dealt with several of them and the only person that flat out lied, never did the work and never backed his products up was Dicker..Period.. I cannot say anything bad about Frank S, Rick S, Drew R., Domain Shane. Ali Z. or Mike C. Each one of these people have always been a straight shooter with me....Make your own evaluations, but dont lump them all together as I am sure many of you would not want to be lumped in with some idiot from your world if they decided to go off their rocker.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back