Dynadot

news Mike mann sells football.co for 50k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
hello guys
mike mann posted in his facebook account that he sold the domain football.co for 50,000 $

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well if he sold it whoisdomain still shows it is his. Do you post a sale before ownership transfer? Hmmm I guess you can post what ever you like on facebook. Good marketing strategy.

•••
Well if he sold it whoisdomain still shows it is his. Do you post a sale before ownership transfer? Hmmm I guess you can post what ever you like on facebook. Good marketing strategy.

that's maybe because whois takes some time to update it's info..he just posted the sale 20 hours ago.... click on the domain link to see that the domain is no longer available on their site
and as for marketing strategy! no there is no marketing strategy on domain industry..big domainsers like mike mann are dealing with endusers which is marketing strategies are not that good...read more about mike mann to see how he manages his sales.

•••
That could well be true domainsg. We will see who the new owner is in a while or if it is keep private.........

•••

Sometimes owners don't change WhoIs for months.

I sold a 5-figure domain 3-4 years ago that still has not changed WhoIs, but has gone under privacy only in the past few months.

Most people change WhoIs promptly to manage or move, but don't base possession on WhoIs details - although they should always reflect the information of the current person in possession.

•••
Good sale DomainVP. I just like to try and filter some of the BS on the net though if possible. Tons of it out there.

•••
Hmmm interesting, football.co is actually a really nice domain. Would have expected him of all people to have gotten more than 50k for it. Considering some of his other crazy sales he has pulled off...lol

•••
Well if I was the buyer I sure the hell would not want my business out there.
Telling a fellow domainer ok cool I understand... But posting it on Facebook?
So much for confidentiality agreements.

•••
I guess he doesn't consider who ever bought this domain a serious company. Thought he was only .com but appears now that he's made a nice .co sale therefore it rocks too in his opinion. :)

His quote:

“The reason I can potentially predict the domains your companies will want in the future is because people are creatures of habit and nostalgic and want things with the same characteristics that they have enjoyed all along. Serious companies wont be using crappy new domain ideas, just super premium .Com”

•••
He owns, and has owned one of the best .co portfolios I have ever seen.

Football.co which is a huge sport in Columbia makes sense. No idea who bought it, but the context of the domain makes sense.

I think he owned the .com.co equivalent domains and got the .co through the grandfather period.

Last edited:
•••
He owns, and has owned one of the best .co portfolios I have ever seen.

Still he did say:

"Serious companies wont be using crappy new domain ideas, just super premium .Com”

So all new G's suck in his opinion but he loves .co? LOL

•••
Still he did say:

"Serious companies wont be using crappy new domain ideas, just super premium .Com”

So all new G's suck in his opinion but he loves .co? LOL
I think he owned the .com.co equivalent domains and got the .co through the grandfather period.

Yes, he is very vocal about GTLD's, but I don't think he considers .co a GTLD for whatever reason.

He is sort of like a mad scientist, who says all this crazy stuff, but at the end of the day he makes it all work.

He can get away with it, because his track record, past, and present backs it up. I don't think anyone knows what happens with the G's yet, we are still really in a premature period.

•••

Yes, he is very vocal about GTLD's, but I don't think he considers .co a GTLD for whatever reason.

He is sort of like a mad scientist, who says all this crazy stuff, but at the end of the day he makes it all work.

He can get away with it, because his track record, past, and present backs it up. I don't think anyone knows what happens with the G's yet, we are still really in a premature period.

Not debating you but rather pointing out that he contradicts himself with what he says.

He's had great sales, continues but let's be clear he promotes what he owns and bashes what he doesn't and or doesn't like on a regular basis. :xf.wink:

•••

I think Mann would say: .co is only popular because it is a cheap copy of .com
Without .com it would be worthless.

•••
I would happily sell FootballWorld.net for $10k :xf.smile:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back