IT.COM

Metrics that increase a domain's value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Thundercat

Impact
Hello,

This would a speculative thread, with the objective of understading a domain value.

Lets say I found a .com brandable with less than 9 letters domain.

The metrics would be like:

Trustflow: 20
Citation Flow: 15
DA: 20
PA: 15

Zero Spam warnings

And Bought it for $20.

Could this be easily sold on the $50 to $150 range? (with your experience, what do you think?)

Would I need to see if there were other similar names sold? or would the metrics just give it power in terms of selling value?

This is just speculative, probably some of you will just tell me to try it...but i would like to know if there is something I could be missing.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
people that buy domain are not seos, and they don't care about SEO metrics! btw, I never heard SEO want to spend thousands of dollar just to buy a domain! :xf.smile: my point is, seo are out of domaining biz! so dont worry about metrics! most people that spend thousand dollar for single domain are CEO, CMO, Biz owner, Director, investor and etc! and most of them don't bother with SEO stuff! why ? Adowrds are much much faster! only 5 minutes to get Big G first page :xf.grin:, as long ROI good, Adwords are the most reasonable option than SEO method:xf.grin:

its just my 2 cents, don't take it personally :xf.smile:

•••
people that buy domain are not seos, and they don't care about SEO metrics! btw, I never heard SEO want to spend thousands of dollar just to buy a domain! :xf.smile: my point is, seo are out of domaining biz! so dont worry about metrics! most people that spend thousand dollar for single domain are CEO, CMO, Biz owner, Director, investor and etc! and most of them don't bother with SEO stuff! why ? Adowrds are much much faster! only 5 minutes to get Big G first page :xf.grin:, as long ROI good, Adwords are the most reasonable option than SEO method:xf.grin:

its just my 2 cents, don't take it personally :xf.smile:

Thanks man,

I understand it now. Then I should focus on small letter domain, brandable, and see selling history for that kind of name.

Best Regards

•••
Thanks man,

I understand it now. Then I should focus on small letter domain, brandable, and see selling history for that kind of name.

Best Regards

when you in domain forum, I'll sugest you to leave your SEO mindset! domainer hate SEOs:xf.grin: and SEOs hate domainer:xf.grin: because most domainer hold EMD, and asking high price with Blank Metrics! at some point SEOs and domainer will fight On auction, and this can be brutal!:ROFL: SEO have tight budget, meanwhile domain Investor have high range budget! in the end SEO can't do anything!

but just like I said, seo and domainer are in different worlds! domainer trying to sell to biz owner! meanwhile Biz owner trust SEO as their consultant to make biz go smoothly with less cost! biz owner ask to SEOs, is it worth, buying domain with high price? SEO consultan say no! better spend money to buy link and etc! in the end biz onwer dont buy domain! yep, it's SEOs fault!:ROFL:

in past biz owner buy EMD with high price!, but SEOs spread myth that Google will crush EMD! as result most domainer loss their investment! how do I know this ? I am seos, and also domainer, so I think like both of them:xf.smile:, at first, I dont see the point why we should spend thousand of dollar just to buy 1 domain! but after time goes by, I know the exact reason why people people would spend thousand or even a hundreds thousands dollar just for a single domain :xf.grin:

anyway, take your times, and read all pages on namepros!:xf.grin: btw ATM don't even try to do handreg!

again! Its just my 2 cents! dont take it personally :xf.smile:

•••
Metrics that increase the value of a domain name?
I'll give you the imperative answer:
  1. Popularity
  2. Connotation
  3. Memorability (name and spelling)
  4. Top-level domain (TLD)
  5. Character length (name and TLD)
Order moot.

:bookworm:

Last edited:
•••
but after time goes by, I know the exact reason why people people would spend thousand or even a hundreds thousands dollar just for a single domain

@MR Harrist

Please elaborate.

What is that exact reason you realized why a business would/should buy a high price domain?
Is it because they see it as an investment that will increase in value, like stocks in a company or like a precious metal (gold)?

For example, maybe a furniture company buys furniture.com for $100K but then never develops & not even redirects it to their own site. What was the motive for buying at a high price?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back