Domain Empire

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes that's certainly true. Something was brewing. End of September, 2021, the law firm from Paris bought a Meta name from me. But my question about the 2 days before the official announcement still stands. Especially since it turned out to be the exact company name.
Same here, the name is now being used to promote the new VR headset

https://www.facebook.com/MetaQuestVR/

•••
Not sure why you want to share what you buy when there is a limited amount of resources out there. Its not like you are buying corn or bread. If you say, "I'm buying these kinds of domains" and 50 people read that, you now have 50 people competing with you to buy the same names.

No thank you.

No one is saying you have to share every name you buy. But you do realize you are in a Showcase and Discussion thread right that your benefiting from other people sharing? This section in the forum would not exist if people didn't start new threads to advise or suggest new investment opportunities which I'm sure you have benefitted from. Speaking only for myself, I actively showcase my sales and my acquisitions to aid the community especially the newcomer. You do you though, but I have found more value in sharing information then keeping it closed (common sense prevailing of course). The community can always use more open sharers.
just my 2 cents

•••
No one is saying you have to share every name you buy. But you do realize you are in a Showcase and Discussion thread right that your benefiting from other people sharing? This section in the forum would not exist if people didn't start new threads to advise or suggest new investment opportunities which I'm sure you have benefitted from. Speaking only for myself, I actively showcase my sales and my acquisitions to aid the community especially the newcomer. You do you though, but I have found more value in sharing information then keeping it closed (common sense prevailing of course). The community can always use more open sharers.
just my 2 cents
Thats why this started with me saying "I don't post much", not "I dont post anything".

•••
Plenty of benefits for me.
1) When i feel comfortable enough, i try to give back so others can enjoy the fruits/understand what's good.
2)Its keeping me focused, always on guard always trying to do something better otherwise ill go to the end of the line.
Motivation is super important for me :)
I think there is not 1 purchase of mine that i didn't share EVER, yet i have a superb tech portfolio + others who benefited from it so that's a bonus.
Again, the are is a spectrum of choices, but only logical that if you enjoy the fruits of this thread, at least try to give back.
If not for others, at least do it for your Karma :)

•••
if you enjoy the fruits of this thread, at least try to give back.

froo-its

No evil intent, only fruits triggered me.

•••
I like to look for Metaverse news to see what is going on and if anything new is happening. However the worst place to do it is twitter.

Every jackass with a new sh!tcoin or some clown that just created a new collection of NFTs thinks that they and their new crap IS the metaverse. No, its not the metaverse. Your garbage may be a tiny part of it, but if you created an app where you can run around grabbing your tokens or view NFTs like a museum, is not the metaverse. 95% of metaverse "news" on twitter is this junk.

•••
SOLD

Domain: Expo/Meta.com
Sale Price: $3,088
Venue: DAN
Acquisition Cost: $9.03
Hold Time: 1 Year
Date: 10/14/2022

A little baby sale this morning to share. No further details

•••
SOLD

Domain: Expo/Meta.com
Sale Price: $3,088
Venue: DAN
Acquisition Cost: $9.03
Hold Time: 1 Year
Date: 10/14/2022

A little baby sale this morning to share. No further details

Wonderful! Congrats mate!

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Haven’t reported sales before, but here is a one. See future reports here and @Soldxyz

MetaWealth / co
Price: $2888
Sold Thru: Dan
Hold less then a year
Reg: $1.85 promo
Sold in March 2022

•••

Anthony Hopkins’ Metaverse Debut Sells Out in Seven Minutes​

https://thedefiant.io/anthony-hopkins-metaverse-debut-sells-out-in-seven-minutes

ahopkins.png

•••
•••
This is what pisses me off. These are just NFTs. Nothing to do with the Metaverse, but they say "metaverse" for some reason. Selling NFTs on a website on the internet is not "metaverse".
... don't know.

To me, metaverse is not limited to AR/VR/XR.

Actually, isn't metaverse another word for web3 (?)

just with the addition, of virtual worlds (by glasses), if you want to.

or am I wrong...?

[btw: non-fungible tokens, which guarantee you the ownership over a digital/virtual product, belong defin. to the category of web3, to say at least]

Last edited:
•••
... don't know.

To me, metaverse is not limited to AR/VR/XR.

Actually, isn't metaverse another word for web3 (?)

just with the addition, of virtual worlds (by glasses), if you want to.

or am I wrong...?

[btw: non-fungible tokens, which guarantee you the ownership over a digital/virtual product, belong defin. to the category of web3, to say at least]

No it's not.

Web3 is an extension to the web2 infrastructure meaning trying to give the web more freedom/privacy/ability to move personal belongings from one place to another.

•••
No it's not.

Web3 is an extension to the web2 infrastructure meaning trying to give the web more freedom/privacy/ability to move personal belongings from one place to another.
ok,
and so the metaverse just adds the possibility to experience it all (dec. web, nft ownership, personal avatars)
in a virtual / 3D way, right?

So my assumption, that the metaverse just adds a layer on top of web3 isn't that wrong, I guess... (?)

https://cointelegraph.com/news/browser-based-metaverse-portals-aims-to-remove-the-need-to-get-a-vr-headset

Just btw, I read somewhere that a statistic shows that most users of nowaday metaverse (sandbox, decentraland) enter those, as usual, with a desktop PC, not with VR headset...

Last edited:
•••
ok,
and so the metaverse just adds the possibility to experience it all (dec. web, nft ownership, personal avatars)
in a virtual / 3D way, right?

So my assumption, that the metaverse just adds a layer on top of web3 isn't that wrong, I guess... (?)

https://cointelegraph.com/news/browser-based-metaverse-portals-aims-to-remove-the-need-to-get-a-vr-headset

Just btw, I read somewhere that a statistic shows that most users of nowaday metaverse (sandbox, decentraland) enter those, as usual, with a desktop PC, not with VR headset...

Metaverse is the immersive web that can be open or closed, nfts hitchhiked on the term metaverse.

If we take that to domains (which we should) the term metaverse just like other catch all terms will do great because its a way for a company to brand on something big without the need to rebrand (another example is XR)

Good luck

•••
Namebio:

themetaversejobs.com $1650 10/15/22
this one seems kinda sloppy with a "the" on it.

metafish.io $1009 10/14/22

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I sold metaverse.domains for $7,777 early.
And there was a good link to my collection of names on the topic Metaverse. Today is my birthday. And I bought mnames.com today for $2,000. Not a bad replacement? I like this name because m can be understood both as Meta and Metaverse. And it seems to be quite short and well remembered.

•••
...how good the metaverse is not only to be understood as VR.

Nowadays, and this is an inevitable fact, most metaverse games work without the need of VR /
leaving the possiblity to add it in near future...

as ex., wilder worlds, illuvium, galagames, sandbox () and much more.

What does that mean?
That a game, containing in-game nfts (which users can posses, create, sell) already fit in the niche of metaverse games.

VR metaverse games will be games, that are built as open word games.

By now, I don't know any; although there is already a good number of successful (adventure, shooter) games in the VR niche.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interesting one from Namebio:

aetheruniverse.com $1825 10/19

Last edited:
•••
I sold metaverse.domains for $7,777 early.
And there was a good link to my collection of names on the topic Metaverse. Today is my birthday. And I bought mnames.com today for $2,000. Not a bad replacement? I like this name because m can be understood both as Meta and Metaverse. And it seems to be quite short and well remembered.
Happy birthday my friend! And mNames.com will make a fine replacement! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back