NameSilo

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••

Meta Platforms wins UDRP for several “Horizon” domain names​

Thank you for your emails. We have duly considered your communications in reply to our cease and desist letter. Please be advised that our client does not purchase domain names containing their trademarks, especially not when it is clear that such domain names have been registered for resale to the relevant trademark holder. Our client’s position in relation to this matter has not changed. We reiterate our request for transfer of the domain names at no cost.

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-law/meta-platforms-wins-udrp-for-several-horizon-domain-names/

You can read the whole e-mail exchange on DomainGang website. Risks of doing outbound sale to TM owner.

•••
just registered:

MetaEndorsed.com

MetaJobOpportunities.com

© All Rights reserved

•••

You can read the whole e-mail exchange on DomainGang website. Risks of doing outbound sale to TM owner.
This is a very interesting read.
You can tell the seller was too overly aggressive trying to sell to Meta, then it backfired, and seller was scrambling for excuses.

Not sure if Meta won the UDRP because:
1) Seller wasw too aggressive and was an outbound sale so motive is clear
2) The Horizon regs are too obvious/distinct that it's hard to think of any other valid use than for Meta
3) Registration dates too close to Meta rebrand
4) Meta really has a TM on Horizon + anything

I ask because it brings up the ongoing debate on what about "Meta + anything". Does Meta Platforms own and will win all UDRP cases? Has there been an instance of a Meta + anything UDRP case that Meta won.

Last edited:
•••
•••

We tried to warn him.

•••
This guy was arrogant and got too greedy.

Respondent sent numerous unsolicited messages both to Complainant and Complainant’s lawyers. Between October 26, 2021, and February 25, 2022, Respondent sent thirteen emails and one voice mail to Complainant, while also contacting Complainant’s lawyers fifty-two times, by email and voice messages. Below are excerpts from several of the numerous emails that were sent by Respondent to Complainant and its lawyers:

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-law/meta-platforms-wins-udrp-for-several-horizon-domain-names/

Meta Platforms wins UDRP for several “Horizon” domain names

•••
I ask because it brings up the ongoing debate on what about "Meta + anything". Does Meta Platforms own and will win all UDRP cases? Has there been an instance of a Meta + anything UDRP case that Meta won.
Best to stay away from Horizon related domains, but Meta is used by a lot of people for many years already so I believe that Meta domains are going to be safe in general.

I don't intentionally try to infringe on anyone's rights so if anyone thinks that any of my domains are infringing on their rights all they have to do is to show me some proof that they have Exclusive rights to all uses of that domain and I will consider transferring the domain to them free of charge.

Otherwise they'll be infringing on my rights to own my domains and do with them as I like.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
I suggest reading of his 60+ emails sent, those emails just look impulsive and psycho all over.

•••
•••
•••
3) Registration dates too close to Meta rebrand
I registered a couple of Meta* domains a week before they rebranded.
No TM... but, those names are directly related to their business. I didn't send any outbound mail.
Is there a possibility that I will be sued for udrp?

Last edited:
•••
No TM... but, those names are directly related to their business. I didn't send any outbound mail.
If these contains fb or facebook, then 100%.
If not, they may or may not be but the chances of udrp success would be low.

Last edited:
•••
just be smart and don't send FB like 60+ outbound emails, then keep lowering your price, pretending the names were for your daughter, etc etc and you'll be fine

Last edited:
•••
Hi

I just sold Meta4Living dot com for 488$ this week

Hand Reg
Hold time : 6 Month
Revenue Afternic FT

This is my First Meta sale still own same Meta+keyword and Meta4+keyword .

Good luck for all

•••
Hi

I just sold Meta4Living dot com for 488$ this week

Hand Reg
Hold time : 6 Month
Revenue Afternic FT

This is my First Meta sale still own same Meta+keyword and Meta4+keyword .

Good luck for all

Congrats on your sale

•••
Just liked the way it sounded -

CoffeeInTheMetaverse,com

•••
•••
& in your experience; is that sellable?
Might make for a nice blog, or discussion site about all things Metaverse. But no, I wasn't expecting a mad rush for it. Or even a very slow one!! Just liked the way it sounded.

•••
20220503_161918.jpg
.AI

•••
.com ( sold )
G/e/e/k/v/e/ r/s/e $41700 ( not mine)

Last edited:
•••
Sold:

Meta // Politics // (dot) // org (DAN, EUR 988)
Meta // Combat // (dot) // com (Afternic, USD 9,688)

•••
Metaverse//Coin

dot news

On Dan/Afternic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back