IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
7 figure 🤔
Whats reason for 7 figure ? Any information please

Regards ,

I think it was pretty much just to do with the association of the "metaverse" keyword.

It was the only metaverse name that was appraised. He did say the metaverse is the future and he could see massive companies such as barclaycard going after this name in the future.

He said its very versatile because of many uses. I suppose he means, AR business cards, trading cards etc.

But he was adamant that the owner should wait for the technology to flourish over the next 5/10 years or however long it takes and not to sell for anything below 7 figures.

Last edited:
•••
I think it was pretty much just to do with the association of the "metaverse" keyword.

It was the only metaverse name that was appraised. He did say the metaverse is the future and he could see massive companies such as barclaycard going after this name in the future.

He said its very versatile because of many uses. I suppose he means, AR business cards, trading cards etc.

But he was adamant that the owner should wait for the technology to flourish over the next 5/10 years or however long it takes and not to sell for anything below 7 figures.

Thanks for info Mate ☺️🙋🏻‍♂️,

Longway for 7 figure but glad to hear this informations from Domain King because ihave nice meta / metaverse + keyword domains .

😎

Last edited:
•••
'But he was adamant that the owner should wait for the technology to flourish over the next 5/10 years or however long it takes and not to sell for anything below 7 figures.'

That's coming from someone with millions in the bank. 5 figures is still plenty enough for me.

•••
'But he was adamant that the owner should wait for the technology to flourish over the next 5/10 years or however long it takes and not to sell for anything below 7 figures.'

That's coming from someone with millions in the bank. 5 figures is still plenty enough for me.

Yes 100% agree mate that people should go for what they are personally happy with.

I suppose its a lot easier to keep rejecting decent offers when your a millionaire. I get a low $x,xxx offer and it puts me into turmoil :ROFL:

•••

yeah.. everyone thinks their names are worth 7fig. it's all bs.

p.s. when we have fully working metaverses etc.. years from now... domains may no longer be around..maybe we will need something else for smoother experience.. everything evolves...so it's wrong to think domains will be around forever.

•••
yeah.. everyone thinks their names are worth 7fig. it's all bs.

p.s. when we have fully working metaverses etc.. years from now... domains may no longer be around..maybe we will need something else for smoother experience.. everything evolves...so it's wrong to think domains will be around forever.

It's someone's appraisal of someone else's domain name.

Yes it's an opinion but you've got to respect some of the guys previous sales.

Put it this way.

You sold meta (.one) for $5,000

That was a lot better name than the single words selling for $150,000 recently.

So sometimes future domain name value can suprise us.

Do I think Metaverse Cards will ever be sold for 7 figures? No

But the fact the domain king values it so highly is a positive thing.

•••
It's someone's appraisal of someone else's domain name.

Yes it's an opinion but you've got to respect some of the guys previous sales.

Put it this way.

You sold meta (.one) for $5,000

That was a lot better name than the single words selling for $150,000 recently.

So sometimes future domain name value can suprise us.

Do I think Metaverse Cards will ever be sold for 7 figures? No

But the fact the domain king values it so highly is a positive thing.

I didnt sell meta.one recently. and when i did other names u refer to now were prolly listed at fraction of their price or 10usd regfee.

thats just domaining..

crypto.one sold 12k ... also few yrs back... what do u think it's worth now

but at same time let's not make .one into .com

or io..or co... it's not even close.

it's just a cute avg ngtld

there is no guarantee next time meta.one sells it will be 10 or 20 times.more..

•••
I didnt sell meta.one recently. and when i did other names u refer to now were prolly listed at fraction of their price or 10usd regfee.

thats just domaining..

crypto.one sold 12k ... also few yrs back... what do u think it's worth now

but at same time let's not make .one into .com

or io..or co... it's not even close.

it's just a cute avg ngtld

there is no guarantee next time meta.one sells it will be 10 or 20 times.more..

Yes 100% agree mate. I was just pointing out that you saying it was all bs.

You would have never thought those extentions that just sold for 150k would of happened I bet? Guess what I wouldn't of thought they would have sold for that either in 2021.

But this is what I'm saying you can't dismiss someone's valuation as bs when we are seeing lesser names selling for very decent amounts in 2021.

I'm not knocking the $5,000 sale. Was a great ROI.

But knowing what you now know today you might not of sold it for 5k.

But I do respect you do try to keep these discussions in reality and trying to stop people getting carried away. That's a great thing but I would say just try to not swear as much as you do because it seems to be getting some members backs up(y)

Last edited:
•••
Yes 100% agree mate. I was just pointing out that you saying it was all bs.

You would have never thought those extentions that just sold for 150k would of happened I bet? Guess what I wouldn't of thought they would have sold for that either in 2021.

But this is what I'm saying you can't dismiss someone's valuation as bs when we are seeing lesser names selling for very decent amounts in 2021.

I'm not knocking the $5,000 sale. Was a great ROI.

But knowing what you now know today you might not of sold it for 5k.

But I do respect you do try to keep these discussions in reality and trying to stop people getting carried away. That's a great thing but I would say just try to not swear as much as you do because it seems to be getting some members backs up(y)

no worries it's all just talk and opinions

me I was just making point that in all niches most domainers think their names are worth millions or some othr ridiculous thing. its just a common misconception thats all. cheers

•••
no worries it's all just talk and opinions

me I was just making point that in all niches most domainers think their names are worth millions or some othr ridiculous thing. its just a common misconception thats all. cheers

Agreed. What's different with this niche (and NFT) is that for the first time I can remember in 12+ years of domaining, investors are turning hand reg's into mid five figures/six figure sales within months or a year or two at the most. Pushing our prices up seems the next logical step.

•••
Agreed. What's different with this niche (and NFT) is that for the first time I can remember in 12+ years of domaining, investors are turning hand reg's into mid five figures/six figure sales within months or a year or two at the most. Pushing our prices up seems the next logical step.

true.. but still..not millions ;)

•••
I just picked up the following.

MetaWhoa.com
MetaTexa.com
MetaWideWeb.com

Out of curiosity, are people mostly doing BIN's or taking offers on their Meta's? And what platforms seem to have the most movement for selling?

•••
Acquired :

metabets.jpg

•••
•••
Great acquisition mate! Nice and short meta+keyword name! You should do very well with it. I had my eyes on it ;) Can't snooze in this niche to sleeping on an opportunity it's moving so fast!

Thanks my friend! It's taking me years and time to get to where I am now, and grit to be willing to invest that kind dough. My largest investment in a single name to date :)

Cheers

•••
Thanks my friend! It's taking me years and time to get to where I am now, and grit to be willing to invest that kind dough. My largest investment in a single name to date :)

Cheers
Also I knew I had to move. Because I was eyeing +crypto months ago, and well see it that got snapped up. (missed opp)

•••
Also I knew I had to move. Because I was eyeing +crypto months ago, and well see it that got snapped up. (missed opp)

did u just mean betscrypto?

cause that basically sucks

•••
did u just mean betscrypto?

cause that basically sucks

no I mean meta+ Cry/p*o back when it was still sitting for low 4 fig

Last edited:
•••
no I mean meta+ C****o back when it was still sitting for low 4 fig

ah ok
that's nice

see that's what I meant earlier.. that not that long ago meta prices were much lower...it kinda suddenly went up.. but it wont forever... so dont wait for millions per name people lol

•••
.edit

Last edited:
•••
ah ok
that's nice

see that's what I meant earlier.. that not that long ago meta prices were much lower...it kinda suddenly went up.. but it wont forever... so dont wait for millions per name people lol

Yes only because Metaverse term and talk had not hit the mainstream airways yet...but in tech, crypto, xr, and NFTs especially..it was already brewing.....

no should wait for millions per name true lol...though it does not hurt to shoot for the best with you best.

( also as stressed again and again,,there is a DIFFERENT kind buying power in this niche, nft/metaverse......it's CRYPTO...the ones buying and dev are DEEP into ETH etc...it's nothing to drop 100k with those players) Big wallets, big players, big buyers like the world is not use to)

Last edited:
•••
Yes only because Metaverse term and talk had not hit the mainstream airways yet...but in tech, crypto, xr, and NFTs especially..it was already brewing.....

no should wait for millions per name true lol...though it does not hurt to shoot for the best with you best.

( also as stressed again and again,,there is a DIFFERENT kind buying power in this niche, nft/metaverse......it's CRYPTO...the ones buying and dev are DEEP into ETH etc...it's nothing to drop 100k with those players) Big wallets, big players, big buyers like the world is not use to)

I think u would be surprised how cheap rich people are

u somehow think if someone made fortune by crypto...vs other ways..somehow they will be more careless or generous with their money ... imo no.

in the end everyone wants to spend least.. poor people so they can buy sushi or see new movie...and rich people so they can buy that 50mil mansion

•••
Yes I got one of my names appraised so I did hear the metaverse appraisal.

Basically he said about the domain name "metaverse cards" .com

Put this domain name to the side and just wait for however long it takes. But don't sell for anything less than 7 figures because this is a 7 figure domain name.

Good job I don't own it. I would of listed it for $10,000 :xf.laugh:

This is fantastic to hear and should definitely make us all reframe the value of our domains in this space.

Thanks for the continuous reports, everyone!

•••
I think u would be surprised how cheap rich people are

u somehow think if someone made fortune by crypto...vs other ways..somehow they will be more careless or generous with their money ... imo no.

you don’t know what I think and have mistaken what I said or taking the wrong way

I’m active in the NFT community

I own NFTs and CRYPTO

I’m connected and engage with some of the “players” I’m referring too.

Not all “ Rich” people are your silver spoon penny pinchers

Basically you have to be IN a niche to better understand the niche …

Once again I am done trying to inform and share info about the NFT and (crypto ) space as well as how Meta is heavy attached to it to some of the dense heads around here.

The vaule this niche has is unlike any other you or any domain owner has ever seen, and they people that would want to buy the right names KNOW this.

some here just don’t get it and won’t

E——-T————-H

Last edited:
•••
you don’t know what I think and have mistaken what I said or taking the wrong way

I’m active in the NFT community

I own NFTs and CRYPTO

Im connected and engage with some of the “players” I’m referring too.

not all “ Rich” people are your silver spoon penny pinchers

Basically you have to be IN a niche to better understand the niche …

Once again I am done trying to inform and share info about the NFT and (crypto ) space to some of the dense heads around here.

The vaule this niche has is like any other you or any domain owner has ever seen, and they people that would want to buy the right names KNOW this.

some here just don’t get it and won’t

You'll find it best to not engage Alcy lol Just do you Rob. Congrats again on the acquisition.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back