IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Metaverse in Entertainment Market Size to Grow by USD 33.32 Bn, Film Production to be Largest Revenue-generating End-user Segment - Technavio​

NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2023 -- According to Technavio, the global metaverse in entertainment market size is estimated to grow by USD 33,323.31 million from 2022 to 2027. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.07% during the forecast period. Moreover, the growth momentum will accelerate. North America will account for 33% of the market's growth. The report also includes historic market data from 2017 to 2021. In 2017, the metaverse in entertainment market was valued at USD 45,299.73 million.
Technavio___Global_Metaverse.jpg

• The film production segment will account for a significant share of the market's growth during the forecast period. Metaverse is expected to revolutionize the film industry. It will also change the film-viewing experience, as VR technology will be used to interact within this environment. Scenes shot in the real world will be projected onto the metaverse using avatars, which will reduce the need for a live location, crew, and filmmaking equipment. These factors, in turn, will contribute to the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2000340/Technavio___Global_Metaverse.html

(Do not ignore data. Happy Monday Domaining mates!)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Posted By Member: @Avijit Roy in Sales thread Thanks for sharing mate!

Qoute:
Sold these two names on 1st February with 15% commission .
Metaverse-Art.com $2511
Metaverse-Club.com $3500

Hold time 4 months (approx)

Attachments​

• IMG-20230213-WA0024.jpg

•••
•••
•••

Tech companies enter agreement for ‘Japan Metaverse Economic Zone’

A group of prominent Japanese technology companies, including Fujitsu and Mitsubishi, came together in a new agreement to help advance the country’s metaverse sector.

Tech companies enter agreement  for ‘Japan Metaverse Economic Zone’

Interest in the metaverse is accelerating globally, with countries all over the world joining in the rush to get involved.
In Japan, a country often associated with its legacy technology sector, a group of well-known tech companies agreed on Feb. 27 to forward the creation of the “Japan Metaverse Economic Zone.“
Along with creating the Japan Metaverse Economic Zone, the agreement focuses on building an open metaverse infrastructure called “Ryugukoku,” which will spark the next wave of metaverse development.
This open metaverse infrastructure will help create interoperable tools for users and developers across various platforms. It will also serve as a new social infrastructure for enterprise digital transformation.
According to its terms, companies who have signed the agreement will integrate their “respective technologies and services” to create Ryugukoku. This includes gamification, fintech and information and communication technologies.

The Japan Metaverse Economic Zone will be an ecosystem that will ultimately result from the interoperability between different metaverse services and platforms available to consumers in Japan. The agreement also mentions the future possibility of “providing this infrastructure to companies and government agencies outside of Japan.”

Japanese companies who have entered into this agreement include Fujitsu, Mitsubishi and TBT Lab — among others.

•••
unsurprisingly, the meta & metaverse prefixes have been very popular on the Namebase Handshake SLD registry platform - yesterday somebody bought nearly 50 meta SLDs

metacrypto -> 1
metauniverse -> 1
metadata -> 1
metagame -> 1
metaswap -> 1
metas -> 1
metatoken -> 1
metaverse -> 13
meta -> 69

Handshake SLDs are available from Porkbun, 101domains, Epik or gateway·io
Now also available at namecheap.com and encirca.com. I have some Top Premium handshake slds put up at opensea.io

•••
My kid plays Roblox daily on an iPad, no headset or glasses.

The idea that the masses will use headsets to explore the web is ridiculous. Won’t happen. The web is information based, no glasses required.

That said, I can see the gaming side of tech being more immersive. That’s a small niche though. Your everyday consumer just wants quick info and search without hassle.

I agree 100%, but AR is what the world is waiting on. Once AR glasses are perfected AR will replace most screens, including iPads, Desktops, Laptops, TVs. People will want to join in on the action at football statiums with interactive collaborations in the audience. It's going to be a field day, but investment wise it's going to take a lot of patience - It's going to take at least another 4 - 8 years before AR glasses technology is actually light, usable and practical.

As far VR...and VR based Metaverse, that's overhyped. People will prodominantly use AR to interact with the metaverse, not VR.

•••
AR is the most important acronym in the world, why? Because look at how many words begin/end with AR.
ARgument
feAR
stAR
ARt
eARth
heARt
cAR
This are only some small examples.
p.s. check this.

Last edited:
•••
I agree 100%, but AR is what the world is waiting on. Once AR glasses are perfected AR will replace most screens, including iPads, Desktops, Laptops, TVs. People will want to join in on the action at football statiums with interactive collaborations in the audience. It's going to be a field day, but investment wise it's going to take a lot of patience - It's going to take at least another 4 - 8 years before AR glasses technology is actually light, usable and practical.

As far VR...and VR based Metaverse, that's overhyped. People will prodominantly use AR to interact with the metaverse, not VR.

Apple has known for years that VR is aa bust. AR is the future. MR that is used like AR will likely come first though.

•••
•••
Not dead, but definitely on pause. The economy is too skittish and we keep seeing too many scares and mini-meltdowns which make people want to hold off on investing in this new world where profits may be off 5 years or more into the future.

Zuckerberg acted like he had a vision and a path for this to succeed , but it seems like he bit off more than he could chew. He spent tens of billions on this so far and has little to show for it.

•••

Meta Soars by Most in Decade, Adding $100 Billion in Value​

Mark Zuckerberg’s company recorded its biggest daily market gain in nearly a decade, as the mood brightens

Lets see if this helps improve sentiment.
Zuck just laid-off 10,000 workers. Good for profit, bad for employees

•••
the metaverse is not dead yet because I still have to get rid of my domain names.

•••
•••
•••
Looks like also MetaWin .us was sold & same buyer

More than likely the .com bougth it they..... are huge and doing very well in the NFT space, very active on twitter lots of prizes won daily and we are talking large amounts of crypto and nfts.....they could snap up every extension if they wanted to. I mean when your doing Lotto for 6 & 5 figure bayc nfts and others, you're raking in some eth

•••
•••
•••
(This is a well written article with good insights into investment verticles for domain pursuits, my thoughs at the end Full article here)

Metaverse adoption in UAE shows potential across use cases

DUBAI, 1 days ago

There is ample ground in the UAE to leverage ten use cases using metaverse including telehealth; digital twins; augmented tourism; live augmented events; virtual and augmented shopping, and virtual assets.

A new report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in collaboration with Meta, recognises the key role that the UAE’s advanced market could play in expanding its metaverse participation.

The UAE is rapidly fostering its metaverse ecosystem. Launched in the second half of 2022, Dubai Metaverse Strategy aims to turn Dubai into one the world’s top 10 metaverse economies as it strives to act as a global hub for the metaverse community. Earlier this year, the city hosted the Dubai Metaverse
--------------------

Business leaders, technologists and investors foresee enormous economic potential in the metaverse. As with many aspects of the metaverse, precise figures vary widely depending on the source. BCG estimates a total global metaverse market opportunity to reach up to $400 billion by 2025. Most of this will be in the virtual-asset economy, predicted to rise from $90 billion in 2021 to $150-$300 billion in 2025, with VR/AR/MR ($47 billion), cloud ($28 billion), and network ($19 billion) related products and services comprising the rest of the metaverse market. Beyond revenue upside, the metaverse promises a range of exciting benefits for all types of users as well as the technology companies supporting the back end.

My Thoughts: I wrote about this 2 years ago... one of the biggest oppurtunities in the metaverse is to focus on the metaverse economy. Metaverse/virtual goods and assets which includes Avatars as an asset class.. micro-transaction involving virtual goods that are D2A (Direct to Avatar is a major area of research atm) talking about luxury clothes, playable skins, access passes, mods etc

Another area is the very infrastructure of the metaverse.... mesh and edge networking will be critical for mass deployment. So I've target a few keywords there. This more so the case when we talk about digital twins and an always on connectivity that is needed for interacting in an overlayed AR space. This is also important for Live Events which is going to be a massive area as well.

Other keywords that I like are those focused on an access point... i.e realm, portal, of course keyword+Verse

I think there will be gradient levels of the metaverse fully virtual to more real world leveraging NERF and twins technology AR. The digitization of everything into the metaverse is big.

As the metaverse is going to be "Creator" enabled and empowered by the big dogs, I think that the "creator" keyword is going to increase in popularity.

While non of this is overnite and for sure it does present a wide array of investment oppurtunities for us longer term domain investors. Of course do your own research. I've been passionate about these techs for over 20 years now and excited beyond a domain investment standpoint. Also, don't sleep on the keyword XR... it's all inter-related. Let's go!

What do you think of the 5G keyword becoming popular due to metaverse/digital twins?

•••
5g is a supporting tech.

Not stand-alone imo so will be weak in general

•••
MetaverseMusic .co sold on Dan - Not my sale, price unknown

•••
•••

Mark Zuckerberg Quietly Buries the Metaverse​

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/7036908a-453e-3823-b8ae-62a2cd22c8bc/mark-zuckerberg-quietly.html

"There will be no press release, no big announcement, as he would have to acknowledge that he was wrong.

But make no mistake: Mark Zuckerberg just buried the metaverse. The metaverse is dead.

The metaverse was supposed to be the Next Big Thing for the social-media tycoon, who in 2021 went so far as to rename his empire -- created from Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp -- as Meta Platforms . Simply put, the metaverse is an immersive virtual world in which we are supposed to interact with each other using specialized glasses and virtual-reality headsets......"

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back