Domain Empire

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure what you mean but these two ARE what Meta Platforms paid $60M to acquire. You will notice their front page indicates their new names are Pathward, because Meta Platforms now owns both names.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...thward-after-facebook-meta-buyout/7247271001/
Thought it was about meta financial group,
https://www.reuters.com/business/me...hind-60-mln-deal-meta-name-rights-2021-12-13/

So, they had to pay to get their hands on these tm assets
(makes actually sense to own good meta domains or tm).

So what about metagaming.com
or metanews.com;
what I said doesn't become untrue here, but actually the opposite.

Don't know of any sue case where meta sued a domain out of someone...

Last edited:
•••
Thought it was about meta financial group,
https://www.reuters.com/business/me...hind-60-mln-deal-meta-name-rights-2021-12-13/

So, they had to pay to get their hands on these tm assets
(makes actually sense to own good meta domains or tm).

So what about metagaming.com
or metanews.com;
what I said doesn't become untrue here, but actually the opposite.

Don't know of any sue case where meta sued a domain out of someone...

They don’t have to sue they use udrp process and they have done so plenty of times this year alone.

Some people got luck early on when they were willing to fork out big bucks on certain terms but unfortunately with them buying out trademarks and other companies everyone else seems to be avoiding term meta with good reason.

They have multiple meta marks attempting to cover many categories. One they bought even dates to 2016 I believe.

Last edited:
•••
•••
is meta fever down?
Exactly.

If you followed the conversation correctly, you will notice the following statements ():

A) meta domain names are garbage now.
B) you can forget it, as no one will be interested in buying them -
"re-reg. until they drop" - and meta inc., as per opinion of these guys only legitimate holder of meta domain names, won't come along to buy them from you.

If you post examples of the contrary, meta domains that are legally running (even just started after rebranding), you simply be downvoted!

Guys, where did you make your PhD in laws?!?

Yeah, I also heard of infringement mails to domainers because of meta domains, but the only thing I read was:
They didn't do anything.
Some people don't even responded...

Yet, it's upon you to proof, that meta inc. really got its hands on domains by udrp.

Please deliver just one example.

Let's not debate domains like metabanking.com or equivalent.
We all know that if meta posses rights on metabank(com), it can get its hands on that domain.
IF it was not already run before rebranding of Facebook.

However, I honestly haven't yet heard about any case, where meta knocked at the door for meta / playing / forum / shopping / or equivalent...
And got his hands on it.

My examples of metagaming.com or metanews.com proof exactly the opposite of what was said here, and for which I was downvoted.

Let's forget the mistake I made on metapay.com; I had in remembrance that meta inc. bought meta financial group,
and not metabank/pay (which obviously belongs to it).

Still, my statements don't get untrue because of that one case, and it's up to you to provide evidence for the impossibility to own, develop or sell meta domains.

Otherwise, stop this childish behaviour or deliver real facts and arguments.

Last edited:
•••
And btw:
If meta inc. wouldn't have bought the tm rights for metabank/pay,
Metabank would still be able to operate without any complications.
As meta inc. couldn't do s''t about it.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Mate listen to yourself.

The guy asked if he should wait for meta and renew and renew so I said don't reg names for company ( because that's what he had in mind) and especially if it's not .com as it will be a harder sale.

That's it.

No one said meta or Metaverse ain't good.

Sales will come for good names as always, in fact there are some sales and negotiating all the time.

Peace out.

•••
Mate listen to yourself.

The guy asked if he should wait for meta and renew and renew so I said don't reg names for company ( because that's what he had in mind) and especially if it's not .com as it will be a harder sale.

That's it.

No one said meta or Metaverse ain't good.

Sales will come for good names as always, in fact there are some sales and negotiating all the time.

Peace out.
ok, thanks; all good.
I made the 'meta TM discussion' thread, so that people who are interested can discuss over there,
and we don't have to polute this one here.

Regards

•••
ok, thanks; all good.
I made the 'meta TM discussion' thread, so that people who are interested can discuss over there,
and we don't have to polute this one here.

Regards

I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across but there have been several discussions ad nauseam in the past already in this thread on whether or not Meta Platforms owns rights to all Meta+xxxxxx, and the consensus is NO.

"Meta" is a generic word and has been in existence long before Meta Platforms. Otherwise, they would not have to pay $60M to buy it from Metapay and Metabank, they could have done it by UDRP. In fact, Meta Platforms themselves are being sued by other "Meta" companies that have been using the name long before Meta Platforms. Just do a quick google search.

Meta name sales "appear" to have slowed down recently but IMO it's due to:
1) Recent economic woes/Inflation
2) Hype/Initial launch of Meta Platforms using Meta last year has worn off now
3) We are still very early in Metaverse stages
4) People with good names are holding onto their names and not eager to sell

As long as Metaverse is still being talked about and the term used, I'm going to hold onto my Meta+xxxx [.com] as long as possible. What's an annual $10 renewal fee to me when the potential return could be much greater in years to come? I'm more than happy to sell my Meta names to Meta Platforms for $60M or even $6M LOL.

Last edited:
•••
Since my speech is a bit long, I will divide it into parts.

1. Centauri you are talking nonsense :

I'm sorry but Centauri you are really writing nonsense.

Like the other members say, I think you should be more humble and do some research before writing.

First of all, you wrote:

"metapay.com > fully functional website >> has nothing to do with Meta Platforms Inc.
metabank.com > fully functional website >> has nothing to do with Meta Platforms Inc.

both websites seem to have no legal problems with running their sites using these domains, & naming themself alike.
Just like many other, who run a legal business using 'meta' in their domain.
"

As noted by other members, Meta Plateforms is the owner of the trademarks and domain names "MetaPay" and "MetaBank".

These purchases by Meta Platforms have been the subject of many articles and everyone who follows the subject of "Meta" domain names has followed this.

Then you claim that registering trademarks or domain names containing "Meta" is not a problem.

Here again you are talking nonsense.

I invite you to look at the list of UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy) cases related to the name "Meta". Being a new member I can't post a link, but you can find the decisions on Google or by going to the WIPO website then Home > IP Services > Alternative Dispute Resolution > Domain Name Disputes > Search.

2. A short reading of past and current UDRP cases concerning the word "Meta" :

We can look at the list of UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy) cases related to the name "Meta". Being a new member I can't post a link, but you can find the decisions on Google or by going to the WIPO website then Home > IP Services > Alternative Dispute Resolution > Domain Name Disputes > Search.

We can see that Meta Plateforms has recently requested the transfer of nearly 80 domain names containing the word "Meta".

Many cases are still under investigation but for the moment Meta Plateforms has won all its UDRP actions.

It is obvious that domain names containing "Facebook" or "Instagram" should not be registered and UDRP cases targeting domain names containing these words would be easily won by Meta Platforms.

However, what can be worrying is that Meta Plateforms also manages to recover domain names containing simply the word "Meta" associated with generic words.

We can mention the case D2022-2327 of August 12, 2022 and the case D2022-1784 of July 21, 2022.

In the field "Domain name(s)" you can see the domain names that have been transferred to Meta Platforms. To read the complete decisions you have to click on the link in the field "Decision".

On page 2 of the decision in D2022-1784 of July 21, 2022, in the "Factual Background" section, Meta Platforms' lawyers stated that:
"Among others, the Complainant operates the internationally well-known online platforms and networks Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Metaverse."

The formula may be clumsy, but we can think that they consider the names/platforms "Facebook", "Instagram", "WhatsApp" and "Metaverse" as their own.

3. Small conclusion :

In both cases they refer to a trademark "META" registered on August 28, 2018 (registration number 5,548,121).

Does this mean that Meta Plateforms will/can recover all domain names containing the word "Meta" that were registered after August 28, 2018?

I don't think so. When you look at the cases, you can see that all domain names were registered after Meta Plateforms' name change, after October 2021.

There are many domain names containing the word "Meta" that are older than October 2021. At the moment I do not see any UDRP case, initiated by Meta Platforms, that would target a domain name whose registration is prior to October 2021.

Can Meta Platforms recover domain names containing the word "Meta" combined with generic words that were registered after October 2021?

This is very likely, as the decisions cited above indicate.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes, obviously Meta Platforms is trying to grab as many trademarks containing the word "META" as possible.

As a trademark search tool you can also use "TM View" which allows you to search trademarks worldwide.

We can see that Meta Platforms has 221 trademarks worldwide containing the word "META". The oldest one is from August 11, 1995, which they bought from the company "Meta4".

The company "Meta4", like the company "MetaBank", sold to Meta Platforms its entire portfolio of trademarks and domain names containing "Meta".

Considering how Meta Platforms acts, we can classify the "META" trademarks and "META" domain names into 4 categories:

1. Trademarks and domain names registered before October 2021 + have no interest
= will not be purchased and will not be attacked

2. Trademarks and domain names registered before October 2021 + are interesting
= will be purchased

3. Trademarks and domain names registered after October 2021 + have no interest
= will not be purchased and will probably not be attacked

4. Trademarks and domain names registered after October 2021 + are interesting
= will probably be attacked (infringement and/or UDRP actions)

Last edited:
•••
Since my speech is a bit long, I will divide it into parts.

1. Centauri you are talking nonsense :

I'm sorry but Centauri you are really writing nonsense.

Like the other members say, I think you should be more humble and do some research before writing.

First of all, you wrote:

"metapay.com > fully functional website >> has nothing to do with Meta Platforms Inc.
metabank.com > fully functional website >> has nothing to do with Meta Platforms Inc.

both websites seem to have no legal problems with running their sites using these domains, & naming themself alike.
Just like many other, who run a legal business using 'meta' in their domain.
"

As noted by other members, Meta Plateforms is the owner of the trademarks and domain names "MetaPay" and "MetaBank".

These purchases by Meta Platforms have been the subject of many articles and everyone who follows the subject of "Meta" domain names has followed this.

Then you claim that registering trademarks or domain names containing "Meta" is not a problem.

Here again you are talking nonsense.

I invite you to look at the list of UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy) cases related to the name "Meta". Being a new member I can't post a link, but you can find the decisions on Google or by going to the WIPO website then Home > IP Services > Alternative Dispute Resolution > Domain Name Disputes > Search.

2. A short reading of past and current UDRP cases concerning the word "Meta" :

We can look at the list of UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy) cases related to the name "Meta". Being a new member I can't post a link, but you can find the decisions on Google or by going to the WIPO website then Home > IP Services > Alternative Dispute Resolution > Domain Name Disputes > Search.

We can see that Meta Plateforms has recently requested the transfer of nearly 80 domain names containing the word "Meta".

Many cases are still under investigation but for the moment Meta Plateforms has won all its UDRP actions.

It is obvious that domain names containing "Facebook" or "Instagram" should not be registered and UDRP cases targeting domain names containing these words would be easily won by Meta Platforms.

However, what can be worrying is that Meta Plateforms also manages to recover domain names containing simply the word "Meta" associated with generic words.

We can mention the case D2022-2327 of August 12, 2022 and the case D2022-1784 of July 21, 2022.

In the field "Domain name(s)" you can see the domain names that have been transferred to Meta Platforms. To read the complete decisions you have to click on the link in the field "Decision".

On page 2 of the decision in D2022-1784 of July 21, 2022, in the "Factual Background" section, Meta Platforms' lawyers stated that:
"Among others, the Complainant operates the internationally well-known online platforms and networks Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Metaverse."

The formula may be clumsy, but we can think that they consider the names/platforms "Facebook", "Instagram", "WhatsApp" and "Metaverse" as their own.

3. Small conclusion :

In both cases they refer to a trademark "META" registered on August 28, 2018 (registration number 5,548,121).

Does this mean that Meta Plateforms will/can recover all domain names containing the word "Meta" that were registered after August 28, 2018?

I don't think so. When you look at the cases, you can see that all domain names were registered after Meta Plateforms' name change, after October 2021.

There are many domain names containing the word "Meta" that are older than October 2021. At the moment I do not see any UDRP case, initiated by Meta Platforms, that would target a domain name whose registration is prior to October 2021.

Can Meta Platforms recover domain names containing the word "Meta" combined with generic words that were registered after October 2021?

This is very likely, as the decisions cited above indicate.
Oh Thomas Anderson,
So much shouting by you...

1) no need to mention metabank/pay over and over again.
I already, in post 6912, made.clear.that I made a mistake (here).
I had meta financial group in remembrance.
Now crucify me for that...

(btw that does not make other meta keyword running website examples untrue, quite the opposite.)

2) Again, as it is and as it was, neither you nore anyone else was able to give at least one example of a (good) meta 'keyword' (com/net/org) domain, which would had been seized by meta platforms inc.

All you can come up with are solely laughable examples,
like metaslunch.international

Is this a domain anyone of us would register, sell or use??

Truth is the opposite of what you claim (seem to claim based on your thoughts or instincts):
"meta inc. will go after registrations, that were made after renaming on 29th oct. 2021 and have a high/er interest"
- whatever interest may mean in your eyes.

By Udrp-ing something like metaslaunch.international,
but no other normal meta keyword domain,
Meta inc. clearly shows.that it is not interested in legal, public fights about (good) meta keyword domains, as this will only bring a lot of bad reputation.
Which they don't need at all!

Meta inc. isn't neither going after other meta . Extensions .
What does that tell?!

Meta inc. itself has legal problems. concerning the pure generic term meta, just like @meanieme said.

TM fights with others about the same generic keyword can only lead to one solution, at the minimum:
Not a single player is eligible to make use of it.

And this is not just about dates (29 oct),
as a) the term metaverse is already in existence for far too long
- and meta can simply be used as an abbreviation for it
b) as we see, other companies called themselves meta too (before fb came up with it),
without sueing other competitors.
Fb came far too late to TM the term meta solely for themself.

I challenge you all, without spitting too many lines:
Name one single case of - at least - a normal meta keyword (com/net/org) domain, which meta inc seized.

Please post it over in the meta TM discussion' thread, too.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Truth is the opposite of what you claim (seem to claim based on your thoughts or instincts):
"After 29th Oct. 2021 meta inc. will go after registrations, that were made after renaming and have a high/er interest"
- whatever interest may mean in your eyes.
Why did they email you about your meta name then if it's not the case?

•••
Why did they email you about your meta name then if it's not the case?

I once, it's 5 months ago, received a mail (not.from.meta),
about a domain in which the terms meta + fb were present.

I did not even respond.

To this day, nothing happened.

Will keep you updated...

But, just like with others:
To this very day I received no udrp, have not been sued, etc.

This is so typical with so many other domainers, who tell the same.

Nothing happens.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, obviously Meta Platforms is trying to grab as many trademarks containing the word "META" as possible.

As a trademark search tool you can also use "TM View" which allows you to search trademarks worldwide.

We can see that Meta Platforms has 221 trademarks worldwide containing the word "META". The oldest one is from August 11, 1995, which they bought from the company "Meta4".

The company "Meta4", like the company "MetaBank", sold to Meta Platforms its entire portfolio of trademarks and domain names containing "Meta".

Considering how Meta Platforms acts, we can classify the "META" trademarks and "META" domain names into 4 categories:

1. Trademarks and domain names registered before October 2021 + have no interest
= will not be purchased and will not be attacked

2. Trademarks and domain names registered before October 2021 + are interesting
= will be purchased

3. Trademarks and domain names registered after October 2021 + have no interest
= will not be purchased and will probably not be attacked

4. Trademarks and domain names registered after October 2021 + are interesting
= will probably be attacked (infringement and/or UDRP actions)
meta announced the name change on the 28 of October, what happens to other names before the date but falls in the same october? we don't even knw if these udrp come as a result of outbound to meta platfrorm

Last edited:
•••
meta announced the name change on the 28 of October, what happens to other names before the date but falls in the same october?
Nothing.

Just like nothing to normal meta keyword names after this date.

There are also other meta companies,...
and fb renamed itself into meta AFTER these companies were already in existence .

So, in logic of many here, one of these companies could sue the sh*t out of meta platforms inc, right?

Please (all) name one case, in which meta inc. got his hands on a normal meta keyword (com/net/org) domain.

Until then, this is just forum talking to make certain names bad, trying to delegitimize them, etc..

It has an agenda:
Some owners of metaverse keyword domains, want to sell their 15-25 digit domains to high prices...
also by saying they hold the only legitimate and cool and right metaverse domains.

And therefore, try to make meta keyword domains bad.

(Btw I also own metaverse domains, but am not into this).

Meta is an abbreviation for metaverse, a generic term.
And not a brandable name.

For this to make work, fb would have needed to come up with it at the beginning of its own history,
for sure before the metaverse hype.

Last edited:
•••
Nothing.

Just like nothing to normal meta keyword names after this date, too.

There are also other meta companies,...
and fb renamed itself into meta AFTER these companies were already in existence .

So, in logic of many here, one of these companies could sue the sh*t out of meta platforms inc, right?

Please (all) name one case, in which meta inc. got his hands on such a normal (com/net/org) domain.
I believe facebook can't come out to claim all meta names cos loads of meta tm exist even before them. I also believe most domainers are getting fired due to outbound. we all remember the case of richard

Last edited:
•••
I once, it's 5 months ago, received a mail (not.from.meta),
about a domain in which the terms meta + fb were present.

I did not even respond.

To this day, nothing happened.

Will keep you updated...

But, just like with others:
To this very day I received no udrp, have not been sued, etc.

This is so typical with so many other domainers, who tell the same.

Nothing happens.
You said it was from the same sender, AppDetex, which is an intellectual property rights arm that Facebook own.

•••
You said it was from the same sender, AppDetex, which is an intellectual property rights arm that Facebook own.
Yes. Right.

So, shouldn't I be frightened, for all the last 5 months....?!

Nothing happened.

Just like with so many others...

Last edited:
•••
Yes. Right.

So, shouldn't I be frightened, for all the last 5 months....?!

Nothing happened.

Just like with so many others...
No you shouldn't be frightened, but you should acknowledge that you're in their cross hairs.

Basically means any misstep by you and they'll probably be there. It also affects the prospects of the domains you own...

•••
No you shouldn't be frightened, but you should acknowledge that you're in their cross hairs.

Basically means any misstep by you and they'll probably be there. It also affects the prospects of the domains you own...
I own a bunch of meta keyword domains (+metaverse names).

I only got one mail for this (fb + meta) domain.
Because of the fb in it.

Shows, that the other meta names are.out of interest for meta platforms inc.

Last edited:
•••
I own a bunch of meta keyword domains.

Because of the fb in it.

Ok so you really went and registered a meta FB domain...? That's basically your entire collection null and void then isn't it (if it came to udrp and they could prove the pattern of registration).

Last edited:
•••
Ok so you really went and registered a meta FB domain...? That's basically your entire collection null and void then isn't it (if it came to udrp).
it is something like meta blabla fb, where you could say the fb belongs to the bla word before it....

Got no problems in liquidating or losing it...

No interest in making money with it either.

Last edited:
•••
@Centauri

"at least one example of a (good) meta keyword"

"at least - a normal meta keyword"

Few examples from the case D2022-2327 of August 12, 2022 (in which they obtained 6 domain names):
metapresale.online
meta-sale.store
metatokenlive.shop

Few examples from the case D2022-1784 of July 21, 2022 (in which they obtained 33 domain names):
meta-ico.com
metalaunch.global
metaulaunch.com
metavrsale.com
nativemeta.net
presalemeta.space

Are you going to tell me that these few examples are bad and uninteresting domain names?

Yet they are much better than more than half of all the domain names that have been listed in this discussion topic of almost 7000 posts.

The combination of the words "META" + "sale" or "ico" or "launch" or "vr" is likely to interest all the companies which intervene or wish to intervene in the field of the web3, and yet it is Meta Platforms which acted and which obtained these names.

I'm not saying it's a good thing or that it's justified, it wouldn't be right for Meta Platforms to have some kind of monopoly on the "META" name, but that's what's likely to happen little by little, whether through purchases or legal action.

Basically you're bragging that you own some domain names containing the word "META" and that because you haven't had a successful proposal or lawsuit/UDRP action, that means that the word "META" is no longer of interest and that everyone should be safe?

I have a suggestion: maybe your "META" domain names just suck and that's why you didn't get any millions of dollars or lawsuits/UDRP.

@Haykay2005

A UDRP complaint can only be successful if three conditions are cumulatively met:

1. Identity or likelihood of confusion between the prior trademark and the domain name whose transfer is requested
2. No right or legitimate interest of the domain name holder in the domain name
3. Registration and use of the domain name in bad faith.

I think October 28, 2021 is indeed a key date, but perhaps not the only one.

Their word mark "META" and their figurative mark "OO META" were registered in the USA at the time of their official announcement on October 28, 2021, but under priority of Jamaican trademarks registered on 08 July 2021 and 05 October 2021. This means that the registration dates will be the latter dates, not October 28, 2021.

However, as the official communication took place on October 28, 2021, we could consider that before October 28, 2021, the persons who registered "META" domain names are in good faith.

For the moment, I do not see any cases involving domain names registered before October 28, 2021.

Last edited:
•••
I own a bunch of meta keyword domains (+metaverse names).

Because of the fb in it.

received similar mail from same provider.

more than 3 months ago; I did not even reply.

Nothing happened.
" To Whom It May Concern,

We are writing concerning your registration and use of the domain name *****.com, which contains the Meta trademark.
The email to the person in the thread that you replied to was specific to the meta mark btw. So sadly not, so it doesn't show the meta names are not of interest to meta platforms inc.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back