Domain Empire

discuss Memorialize.xxxx Hole in One!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Memorial Day May 31, 2021 yours truly made a Hole in One. I've been playing this crazy game since 1961 or almost 60 years. Actually I suck, but every once in a while the heavens part and karma from above rains down on us.

I was wearing one of my best friend Chuck Taylor's golf shoes, hitting an 8 iron over a creek where Chuck's ashes had been spread exactly two years ago on Memorial Day.

Today I was trying to think of a domain that might commemorate the event, and just an hour ago I was able to register the one word domain Memorialize.xxxx. GD values the .com using the single word "Memorialize" @ $9,733.

Question? Anyone know of a site that memorialize's special events or people? My buddy was 82 when he died a few years ago and ironically this is the very same hole where he made his hole in one. Since his passing, I've felt this is where I was going to make my hole in one......and Voila!

God Bless you Chuck Taylor and everyone else in this glorious world(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on getting a hole in one.

When you said Chuck Taylor golf shoes, I thought you were talking about the Converse shoes. I was gonna say I had no idea they made golf shoes.

Brad

•••

When you said Chuck Taylor golf shoes, I thought you were talking about the Converse shoes. I was gonna say I had no idea they made golf shoes.

Brad
Funny....my friend a retired bank executive's name is Chuck Taylor and since I wore the same size shoes Chuck wore, his wife gave them to me. When Chuck was with us, there were a lot of jokes about his name and Chuck Taylor shoes made by Converse.

I may have been wearing his shoes, but I think Chuck was swinging the club when I made the hole in one.

Thanks for the Congrats!

•••
I would happy to pass on after hitting my 3rd hole in one.

Have not hit the first one yet!

•••
I would happy to pass on after hitting my 3rd hole in one.

Have not hit the first one yet!
Actually that was my first one, but here is what I learned from google about the odds of making a hole in one;

• Odds of an amateur making a hole-in-one: 12,500 to 1
  • Odds of a low-handicapper making a hole-in-one: 5,000 to 1
  • Odds of a professional golfer making an ace: 2,500 to 1
  • Odds for an average golfer on a 200-yard par-3: 150,000 to 1
I've been playing golf since I was 14 years old and I'm now 73. I figure I attempted over 10,000 shots on par threes during my life so it was about time:xf.rolleyes: The bigger point I was making was that I made it on Memorial Day, a day in America when we memorialize those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Although my friend didn't die for his/our country, he did serve in the Army back in the 50's when I was a kid.

Golf and domaining are alike in many respects. First, in order to be successful you have to play the game. Having bought over 3,500 .online domains, it goes without saying I'm taking a lot of swings at the ball. The ball I knocked into the hole is called a Calaway, and if it were a domain extension it would be more like a .online than a ProV-1 or a Titelist golf ball considered a .com. I'm neither a pro golfer or a pro domainer, but I have discovered a way to monetize the domain game although I've yet to make a hole in one domaining. Purchasing the domain Memorialize.online isn't a hole in one, but at least it's a shot:xf.wink:

Wishing you all the best wot(y)

•••

When you said Chuck Taylor golf shoes, I thought you were talking about the Converse shoes. I was gonna say I had no idea they made golf shoe

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back